League Cup 3rd Round vs BOLTON (Home)

AstonMartin82

Bolton it is... last time we met in the competition I believe was in the semi finals after knocking Chelsea out in the Quarters about 7 years ago.

League Cup Draw

Manchester United will rekindle their rivalry with Leeds United with a trip to Elland Road in the third round of the Carling Cup.

Holders Birmingham City face a difficult start to the defence of their trophy with a visit to Manchester City.

There are four all-Premier League ties including a London derby at Stamford Bridge between Chelsea and Fulham.

Everton will face West Brom, Aston Villa are at home to Bolton and Stoke will host Spurs.

Shrewsbury Town have a trip to the Emirates to face last season's beaten finalists Arsenal to look forward to while Liverpool face a difficult away tie at Brighton's new Amex Stadium.

And a team from the bottom two divisions is guaranteed a place in the last 16 with Aldershot or Carlisle at home to Rochdale.

The third-round ties will be played in the week beginning 19 September.

Carling Cup third round draw:

Cardiff City v Leicester City

Wolves v Millwall

Chelsea v Fulham

Aldershot Town or Carlisle United v Rochdale

Arsenal v Shrewsbury Town

Burnley v MK Dons

Leeds United v Manchester United

Brighton v Liverpool

Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United

Manchester City v Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers v Leyton Orient or Bristol Rovers

Swindon Town or Southampton v Charlton or Preston North End

Everton v West Brom

Crystal Palace or Wigan v Middlesbrough

Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers

Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

tough but at least it is at home. Wonder what the fixtures are either side of this one.

Still, if we can't win this match at home, there's not much hope of going to the final. If AM treats it like Hereford though ( I suspect not as many changes ) it will be a better test for some of those fringe players.

Brighton Liverpool looks like the tie to watch though. or leeds v man utd again.

guaranteed 5 prem sides to go out this round, and good chance of a couple of others too ( newcastle? ) so good chance if we can be one of those going through

In the interest of enhancing the matchday atmosphere, Trinity Road Stand Upper Tier (A Block) will not be opened for this fixture.

Is this a usual thing?

They did it against Hereford as well, I suppose down to the fact they know very few will turn up. Hence the £5 tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

wonder how we'll line up on Tuesday night? Will AM decide to go for it and put out the strongest team or make a plethora of changes?

I personally think he'll go with

................Given

Hutton.Dunne.Clark.Warnock

............Jenas.Delph

Albrighton.Ireland.Bannan

................Gabby