• Petrov
    • Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Young
    • Given

How was the PA in stands other than the Holte?

I want to get tickets to the Hereford/Wolves games but I won't be sitting in the holte, the PA system was bad to the extent that I had a headache before the game had started, ludicrously loud.

Are people seriously moaning about how loud the PA was? Come on mate with due respect you don't sit in the holte for a noiseless day out.

I don't sit there in silence, no. I couldn't give a toss if it was loud, but it was deafening. Were you sat in the Holte?

Are people seriously moaning about how loud the PA was? Come on mate with due respect you don't sit in the holte for a noiseless day out.

I don't sit there in silence, no. I couldn't give a toss if it was loud, but it was deafening. Were you sat in the Holte?

I wasn't having a go, just amazed I guess. Yes k4, one row from the back.

I do sit there in silence. Never been much of a singer for some reason. I get too engrossed in the match to sing, yet I still find time to swear.

Anyway, I still can't believe we are second from last on MOTD...

Great result for confidence levels even though we didn't have to step out of second gear.

Voted Gabby motm, seemed confident again and played very well before he got injured. Can't believe they didn't show that incident on MOTD.

Delph was also great today.

Disappointing attendance.

Although Rovers are very poor I'm very satisfied with the performance of the lads today.

The team showed a good spirit and I have rmained impressed with the 2 play makers Petrov and Delph and the three wingers (N'Zogbia, Gabby and Super Mark). Bannan played very well in the hole as a sub, and Clark too.

I hope that Bannan, Clark and Super Mark can gain a place in the starting XI, even if the 4-2-3-1 formation leaves only a place for Gabby or Mark.

On a dark note, as usual, Richard Dunne. He was unwatchable and error prone, conceded one goal to an unmarked Pedersen and a similar occasion in the 1st half.

Gabby got injured by Robinson leaping on him!

I don't think it was that, Salgado raked down the back of his ankles right on half time (intentional too).

Anyways, Collins played well I thought, as did Delph and was pleased to see Petrov being a lot more positive with this passing.

Delph MOTM.

Gabby was already injured when Salgado did that, thanks to Robinson landing on him. He was hobbling around with a bad ankle when Salgado deliberately went for him to ensure his ankle was knackered.

Nasty, spiteful tackle full of intent, but not worthy of a foul, let alone a yellow card.

Watching Sky highlights on Football first can't beleive not a single one of their players got a yellow card. Even Trevor Francis, commentating was bemused.

Commentators said Gabby had a problem with his hamstring so they took him off HT as a precaution. Again watching highlights I didn't realise how well he'd played holding up the ball etc 1st half cos we were up the other corner in the Trinity.

Obviously I'm delighted with the win but how poor are Blackburn!?! They'll be in real trouble this season again. Great goal from Gabby. I'm actually still in shock after seeing Petrov play numerous 20+ yard forward passes! I thought Collins was superb. Delph played well too. Much tougher game next week Vs Wolves though.

A good first performance, Delph really the outstanding player along with Petrov. They bossed the centre of the pitch, although Bannan's play when he came on was flawless. We moved it around very nicely, kept possession well and gained it back due to our structure too easily against an awful Blackburn side. Once again though, personal errors are to blame for the goal. Young and Albrighton unable to stay on their feet to simply guide Hoilett inwards towards Petrov and Collins is baffling. Can only see Blackburn going down. Bright start from what was shown today though, have alot of quality cover all over the pitch aswell which is promising.

Fantastic display in the first half yesterday, though it was slightly worrying how we went into panic mode with long ball clearances after Blackburn scored. Third goal came at just the right time to kill the game else I believe our midfield may of got overrun a little bit.

Very pleased with Agbonlahor. I'm his biggest critic, but yesterday was his best performance in a Villa shirt for a very long time.

Surprised at how many people rated Delph as MOTM. He played very well, but surely he is too weak for a central midfielder? He gets pushed around too easily.

Collins was my MOTM. Commanding performance just hope he keeps it up.

Let's not forget that this was a poor Blackburn side. They are relegation fodder... absolutely no doubt about it. If they were in the Championship this season they would still struggle. Their manager has to go - I'm still absolutely bemused why those chicken farmers got rid of the only manager in the world who would keep them in the Premiership whilst spending no money.

Also, as a last point, has anyone else ever noticed how Robinson is always at full stretch when attempting to save a shot yet the ball ends up in the middle of the goal? One of the most over-rated goalkeepers of all time IMO. At the match yesterday I thought Agbonlahors goal went right into the top corner. ON seeing it on Football First it wasn't right up there and I can't help thinking that perhaps Robinson could of got a couple of fingers to it. For the second goal he dived over the ball, and the third he was beaten at the near post. Slightly harsh criticism I know, but this is an average game for him.

Having slept on it, have to say I'm delighted with yesterdays performance and result.

I think we'll have a big season out of Emile this year, he is now the elder statesman, bags of experience and is a very good player

Given is my only concern, I expect Guzan/Marshall will be called upon this season & thats where it may go Pete Tong

A good win against what looks a very poor team. Good to see all three strikers on the scoresheet and i thought we were unlucky not to score a couple more. Wish we could play Blackburn every week it has to be said!

Fantastic display in the first half yesterday, though it was slightly worrying how we went into panic mode with long ball clearances after Blackburn scored. Third goal came at just the right time to kill the game else I believe our midfield may of got overrun a little bit.

Very pleased with Agbonlahor. I'm his biggest critic, but yesterday was his best performance in a Villa shirt for a very long time.

Surprised at how many people rated Delph as MOTM. He played very well, but surely he is too weak for a central midfielder? He gets pushed around too easily.

Collins was my MOTM. Commanding performance just hope he keeps it up.

Let's not forget that this was a poor Blackburn side. They are relegation fodder... absolutely no doubt about it. If they were in the Championship this season they would still struggle. Their manager has to go - I'm still absolutely bemused why those chicken farmers got rid of the only manager in the world who would keep them in the Premiership whilst spending no money.

Also, as a last point, has anyone else ever noticed how Robinson is always at full stretch when attempting to save a shot yet the ball ends up in the middle of the goal? One of the most over-rated goalkeepers of all time IMO. At the match yesterday I thought Agbonlahors goal went right into the top corner. ON seeing it on Football First it wasn't right up there and I can't help thinking that perhaps Robinson could have got a couple of fingers to it. For the second goal he dived over the ball, and the third he was beaten at the near post. Slightly harsh criticism I know, but this is an average game for him.

About Gabby, did you see the very good post about the injuries he was carrying last season? I was also critical of him last season, but having read what he was playing through I am prepared to let it go. Seeing him playing like he did yesterday really brought it home that there is a good player in there and the reasons for his poor performance last season are valid.

I disagree totally about Delph being too slight for the mid. Granted he is physically small, but he plays like a much bigger player. His aggression, energy, speed and enthusiasm for getting the ball back more than makes up for what he lacks in bulk. We have a much better chance this season with him fit and playing.

About Robinson I thought much the same thing at the game. The first goal was a tough one to keep out, but I thought Emile rather scuffed his shot and was surprised that Robinson didn't keep it out. Bent struck his shot well, but it was chest height and almost straight at him. Again a better keeper would have got something on it, I'm just glad Robinson is not a better keeper.

Really hard to decide MOTM. Dunne, Gabby and Delph were all excellent. As Gabby played only first half and Delph has already so much votes, I'll happily give it to Dunne.

On a dark note, as usual, Richard Dunne. He was unwatchable and error prone, conceded one goal to an unmarked Pedersen and a similar occasion in the 1st half.

:lol:

Â