• Delph
    • N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Young
    • Given

Some observations on the game:

Gabby was great going forward, and looked dangerous during the first half. However, he did leave Warnock horribly exposed at left back a couple of times. I think if McLeish is going to stick with this team then they'll need to be drilled about their responsibilities.

Bent was drawn out wide a little more than he'd like. This isnt his game, and I hope he's given the license to spend the day lingering around the penalty area in the future, because this is clearly what he's best at.

Delph was good, but not as good as Petrov.

Dunne gets my Man of the Match. Plenty of high-fiving between the defenders which was excellent to see. Warnock looked particularly committed and impressed me immensely with regards to his attitude.

Albrighton continues to be poor. There's a player in there, but we havent seen him for a while. We desperately need another winger, but in the mean time I have no trouble with McLeish playing Gabby or Heskey ahead of him.

A good day out, but a poor atmosphere, and the bloody stadium announcer! To say he was a bit loud would be a bit like saying Blackburn were a bit poor.

Hmmm if i'm honest i thought we were abit shit to be honest , played with **** all width , Bent seemed isolated and increasingly fustrated by the lack of support around him , Nzogbia isnt keen on tracking back is he , left Young with pretty much feck all back up , Oh and the people slaggin Young off need to realise is was pretty damn obvious he was injured from about the first 10 min of the match but was forced to play on till the beginning of the second half , Heskey's got the touch of a rapist , Delph looked impressive through out , Petrov looked good for the first half but his usual tiredness crept in during the second . Oh and also i'm not happy with some of the hoof ball shit we were doing during large parts of the match and also how shit were Blackburn i mean apart from Hoyte ( who lets be honest ran us ragged ) they were pants .

I'm trying to be realistic and not get over enthusiastic , i remember thinkin we were the next Barca after tearing West ham apart on our first home game of last season but look how that season panned out . Next weeks match against Wolves should be a good one though.

Really happy with the result especially as I predicted a draw. Not wishing to dtract at all from a good win all I would add is that Blackburn are a poor poor side and they will do well to finish outside the bottom 4 this year

Hmmm if i'm honest i thought we were abit shit to be honest , played with **** all width , Bent seemed isolated and increasingly fustrated by the lack of support around him ,

Agree with this. Bent was forced to do a lot of support play and therefore wasnt always available when crosses came into the box. Bent should be our focal point and shouldnt be made to run the channels as much as he was on Saturday.

Nzogbia isnt keen on tracking back is he , left Young with pretty much feck all back up

Thought Gabby was the worse offender for this, left Warnock horribly exposed a few times.

apart from Hoilett ( who lets be honest ran us ragged ) they were pants

Would love for us to sign him. :thumb:

Kudos to McLesih for switching it up at the back. I am assuming L Young wasn't injured and was removed so that Warnock could nullify Hoillet who was killing us on our right. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Not having a pop at McLeish but Young should have been subbed at half time he got injured in the first half and was struggling....Blackburn scored attacking down his side could have cost us the match. Delph will become a Villa legend if he can stay fit!!!

Young was injured. I saw him limping before HT after a particularly nasty challenge off Dunne and he struggled with Hoillet after , who is a very good LW. Luke came out 2nd half looking decidely lack lustre and it was this that gave Hoillet chance to put in a sublime cross which Pederson buried.

Ok, this makes sense. I didn't see the 1st half so hadn't realised he had picked up an injury. It adds up, though, as Hoilett (who is a good player, as you say) got a hell of a lot of joy at the start of the 2nd half and LY was very half-hearted in the challenge leading to the goal.

WHY, maybe AM should have made the switch earlier. He gambled, I guess, and acted swiftly when the gamble failed.

36 points needed now to keep us in the premiership.

Great goal by Gabby but still would love to have either Sturridge or Hoillet in our team instead.

Blackburn were woeful and we gave them what they deserved!

I have to say that when I saw the team was the same as the one that played at Fulham, I didn't feel very confident. But they managed to get a good result, so fair play to them. Great goal by Gabby, a typical Ashley Young special. Altogther, still not convinced by the formation and one or two of the players in it, but a win is always good no matter how the result was acheived.

Â