• N'Zogbia
    • Collins
    • Dunne
    • Warnock
    • Young
    • Given

Wasn't Heskey injured aswell?

Yep he was.

All three substitutions were enforced due to injuries.

Gabby got injured by Robinson leaping on him! Looked a stonewall penalty from where I saw it from, but will watch again later before being even more annoyed with the ref!

Fair play to McLeish for having the balls to sub Heskey with 25 mins to go and taking a chance as we'd then used all three subs. It worked though as Bannan was very bright and slotted in well alongside Stan and Delph who had been linking up well together all game.

Just checked on the OS and it says he has a groin injury.. It was very much a forced sub change so not sure why you think he was "showing balls" in doing so.. given the choice he'd keep him on for 90 minutes i'd imagine.

Gabby got injured by Robinson leaping on him!

I don't think it was that, Salgado raked down the back of his ankles right on half time (intentional too).

Anyways, Collins played well I thought, as did Delph and was pleased to see Petrov being a lot more positive with this passing.

Delph MOTM.

Not being funny here, but i cant sit through that shit every week.

Eh? :lol:

You were at the wrong game!

Proberly.

We are playing to narrow. I bet if you were sat at the top of the trinity, both formations would of looked like a diamond in shape. :lol:

I think we can do better, but i think the manager is just making sure we dont lose the game, before trying to win it.

Not knocking him, because thats not a bad foundation to build from, but i think we have the players to take a little more risk against the likes of Blackburn.

Early doors though 8)

Promising signs I think sums it up for me. I was annoyed over the goal against as it went back to the sloppiness of last year, but there were definately more plus points than negative today.

Delph has got MotM but personally I thought two players were better than him

1. Zoggy - who I thought was superb. Running at players, taking on players, picking passes - Blackburn could not handle him and it dont seem like we will miss Young to me

2. Gabby who unfortunately got injured in quite possibly his best game for 4 years - he was immense that first half and was like a 20m new signing. If he hadnt have got injured he would have been motm by a mile.

Apart from one sloppy minute, the defence was soliday as a rock and we had three forwards on the pitch and they all scored

Simple game football - if we continue to do those two things, we will have a very good year.

Granted, Blackburn are crap and will go down, so bigger tests are to come, but that was a hell of a lot better than last year, thats all you can say.

Gabby got injured by Robinson leaping on him!

I don't think it was that, Salgado raked down the back of his ankles right on half time (intentional too).

Anyways, Collins played well I thought, as did Delph and was pleased to see Petrov being a lot more positive with this passing.

Delph MOTM.

Gabby was already injured when Salgado did that, thanks to Robinson landing on him. He was hobbling around with a bad ankle when Salgado deliberately went for him to ensure his ankle was knackered.

Nasty, spiteful tackle full of intent, but not worthy of a foul, let alone a yellow card.

Given 7

Young 5

Collins 8

Dunne 9

Warnock 6

NZog 8

Petrov 7

Delph 9

Gabby 9

Heskey 7

Bent 7

Really hard to decide MOTM. Dunne, Gabby and Delph were all excellent. As Gabby played only first half and Delph has already so much votes, I'll happily give it to Dunne.

Wasn't Heskey injured aswell?

Hes always injured. Especially when hes struggling :winkold:

Thought Bannon looked a class above everyone when he came on. Would rather like to incorperate him in the team than Ivanhoe.[/quot

Little Baz did ok when he came on to say he looked a class above would suggest you were watching another game. He has got a long way to go and from what i have seen so far i will be amazed if he makes it.

Not one person had a bad game everyone played at a high tempo and dare I say I couldn't moan about one thing, jesus christ things went sooo well Heskey scored ;)

Great to see such positive attacking football and yet great defencding too! It's a shame Gabby got injured as he was on course imo for motm, great goal too. Just hope Albrighton continues to shine...got his name on my shirt this year lol.

I'm genuinely happy with the performance of everybody. Really well played.

Well played to the fans too on the noise part. Great atmosphere in the upper holte as always. Nice to hear more people singing the bells are ringing too all be it fast and clapping.

The only disappointment is the 32k attendance, which I guessed looked like 36k.

I just got back from the game. Delph was my man of the match. Petrov had a very good first half and would have been motm if he could have continued it through the second half. Gabby was very good until injured and yes that was a penalty. How Robinson got a free kick for jumping on Gabby's back and dragging him to the ground I will never know. Zoggy looked like a decent replacement for Young, we will get goals with him on the team.

Now I know Emile got a goal today, but I can't help how my heart sinks when I see him in the starting line up. We played our best football of the game when Emile came off and Bannan came on. I think Zoggy preferred playing with Bannan in the team too as there was another passer and mover in the team.

The ref was shit and I would be spitting feathers if we had lost today. Dunn (the fat scummy Blackburn one that for me makes Barton look like a decent chap) must have got three warnings for his constant fouling and was not the only BBR player that got a stern talking too and let off. Then Heskie, Delph and Petrov all get bookings for their first foul of the day. To be fair I think the Heskie booking was fair enough, but the other two were no worse than the many Dunn got away with. It was like there was a limited number of verbal warnings to be given out in the game and Blackburn used them all up. (never mind the penalty).

Warnock looked pretty good today, I was not so sure about Young though. Dunn may have lost some weight? he certainly looked a little more mobile. Collins sadly is still under the impression he is Alonso with the many ill considered and poorly executed 60/70 yard passes.

Overall today was ok. Blackburn are rubbish (proper relegation standard rubbish) so I'm not getting carried away by beating them, but you can only beat what is in-front of you and we did comfortably. There were times when we had Gabby, Charles, Bent and Emile all watching our defense getting over run, however it was seldom and we in the main looked fairly well organized. We will have sterner tests and we will be better placed to judge in a month or so. The big concern though was the injuries. We have a well documented thin squad. Any long term absence will be tough on us, I hope the ones we picked up today are not significant.

For the future I would like to see Emile on the bench and Bannan in the starting line up. This team can play football if given a chance, I just hope our manager has the balls to play football with Bannan rather than pinball with Emile.

Delps was great, so was Gabby before getting injured.

Heskey has a very poor first touch which is letting him down as otherwise it

seems he can still do a job. Collins solid, Warnock back to form again.

Zog showed flashes of greatness but should be involved more.

Bannan positive sub but Albrighton has been poor for a long time now.

Pity why Makouns doesnt seem to be rated by McLeish an i thoughr

Ireland couldve done a job on a very poor bburn, bent needs more and better service

Ref was a tool, Dunn five fouls and no booking despite three warnings? Idiot

oh , I think it is fair to say they've fixed the tannoy in the Holte !!! :D

Shame really as I am now deaf from my busted eardrums

It was bloody loud!

They need to turn that down a notch or two before it does some serious damage.

On another note, we played rather well. You can only play what is put infront of you and we certainly did that. Blackburn were poor but we still had to beat them.

Some good performances all over the pitch. I still worry about our defence though as that goal we conceded was very sloppy. Petrov was also frustrating today in my opinion. He showed glimpses of good play, yet showed the poor side of his game too. You can tell that he is such an important player for us though as his influence at times is clear to be seen.

I thought it was a good performance overall though. We got the three points and that is the important thing. What a goal from Gabby too! I can't wait to see it on MOTD, even though the rocket polishers have put us on second to last.

Oh and the attendance was a complete joke. Absolutely pathetic. Fair enough on the people who can't afford it under the current economic climate, but I hope the ones that just choose not to show up never bother again.

oh , I think it is fair to say they've fixed the tannoy in the Holte !!! :D

Shame really as I am now deaf from my busted eardrums

It was bloody loud!

They need to turn that down a notch or two before it does some serious damage.

christ its like goldilocks goes to a footy stadium! 'i cant hear it'...'its too loud!' just right against wolves im guessing :winkold:

petrov MOTM for me...and ive been saying drop him for a while now. delph was not as good as people are making out IMO but thats not to say he didnt have a decent performance. emile was excellent i thought shame people are picking up on his one awful touch where he should have scored. warnock brilliant, gabby and n'zog both looked very sharp too.

was ireland on the bench? there was a lot of talk about what a big season this is for him, but we havent seen him yet!

Â