Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

For a right back on the cheap look for Bandalovski. Left back you can usually pick up Kolorov from City for 3m as he is unhappy. For CB I put in Clark as he develops really well and will be your captain soon enough.

Cheers, although Bandalovski isn't on here. must be a smaller db.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent start to the season with Arsenal. Won all my pre-season Friendlies bar the last which i drew 1-1. Beat Odense 0-2 away from home in the 1st leg of the CL qualifier.

Start of the PL, drew away with Bolton 1-1, then after going 2-1 down to Fulham away from home at half time, went on to win 3-5 after a Cavani hat-trick. Ive brought in Dempsey who as a support/attacking midfielder is very effective.

I could do with a left back as Santos is gash! Any suggestions?

Fellow VTer 'paddywhack' got taken over by the fans and now he gets £1.50 per transfer window! :lol:

This is really pissing me off now. I got Champs League football with Villa two years running and got given about £15m to spend. I've just finished 5th and they've given me £11m. I got more to spend in my first season! Every summer I think, 'This year...this year they'll invest'. :(

Decent start to the season with Arsenal. Won all my pre-season Friendlies bar the last which i drew 1-1. Beat Odense 0-2 away from home in the 1st leg of the CL qualifier.

Start of the PL, drew away with Bolton 1-1, then after going 2-1 down to Fulham away from home at half time, went on to win 3-5 after a Cavani hat-trick. Ive brought in Dempsey who as a support/attacking midfielder is very effective.

I could do with a left back as Santos is gash! Any suggestions?

Stephen Warnock?

£25m should do it

After a little re-jig i've got a back line of:

GK:Alex Smithies

RB:Savic

CB:Collins

CB:Clark

LB:Aiden White.

I'm doing ok, think i'm about 6th in 2012/13 season. Unbeaten so far in the season. The defence shored up massively with this new line up and Bent is still banging in the goals at the other end. Even got a few goals out of Ireland and N'zogbia, Gabby's been woefull though.

I managed to get 1.5mill for Dunne, was expecting him to rot in the reserves with Heskey in all honesty, just try to sell off given to free up wages.

So i'm into march now.

Currently sat in 5th place, My restructured side is:

---------Alex Smithies---------------

N.Clyne-Collins-Clark-Aiden White.

----------Petrov---Makoun-----------

Albrighton-----Ireland------N'Zogbia

-----------------Bent-------------------

Bent has scored 22 goals so far, Weimann i've been using as a back-up has 11. Delfouneso is on loan at Derby. Gabby is a backup winger and Heskey is rotting in my reserves, tried everything to get him off the wage bill, nobody would take him, Given i managed to sell to Dundee of all teams, he was on 65K away and he brought the wage bill right down, managed to get Gary Cahill on loan, and sold Lichaj to Dortmund as he weren't getting a look in, Still got Hutton/Warnock/Herd/Bannan along with Delph and Gardner on the fringes but none of them are pulling up trees.

Won the league cup on Pens, Guzan was the hero after Smithies was cup tied. I'm now approaching the end of 2013 season with a massive 45k as my transfer budget, but pulled off a coup by signed Marko Marin on a bosman, Very happy with that. May sell Gabby in the summer now.

Oh and i cancelled the deal to sign Dempsey, he weren't getting in the Fulham side so bottled the deal, think i did better to sign Nathaniel Clyne and let Savic go back to Man City.

Just gone into April and sitting 3rd with Villa. Into the semis of the FA Cup, won the league cup.

Sigurðsson has been a revelation in the AMC spot behind Gabby. Scored 6 in the last 5 league games. I'm only 4 points off the top spot and I have a game in hand I think. I'm making a run for the title.

--------------------Kameni--------------------

Bandalovski--Clark--Shawcross-----Olsson

----------------Petrov-------------------------

Joaquin----------------------Delph------------

-----------Sigurðsson---------------------Zog

------------------------Gabby------------------

Guzan, Cuellar, Stevens, Albrighton, Montgomery, Bannan, Rondon

Bandalovski - 100k

Shawcross - 12m

Olsson - 9.5m

Joaquin - 3m

Kameni - 7.75m

Sigurðsson - 8m

Montgomery - 1.5m (Great ball winner and back-up to Petrov)

As you can see I've sold a fair few players. Some in January. Dunne, Collins, Hutton, Warnock, Ireland Given, Heskey, Bent.. all casualties to make way for new blood on cheaper wages. Think I've done well with the money I've been given.

If anyone still hasn't got this (like me) my mate sent me a link yesterday and it's now £5.99

I think that's through Steam but I only glanced at the link so nto certain. If not I'll post it here later if anyone's interested

Doing really well with Arsenal. Edinson Cavani is a beast, 6 in 4 in the league.

Just played Spurs at home and Redknapp was giving the Charlie Big Potato saying how he doesnt like me much etc. So i thought i'd have a go with the mind games and declared i was a massive fan of his and thought he had done a great job at Spurs........

It worked....3-0 up at half time and finished 4-0.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it wax face!!! 8)

Up to 2nd in the table, 6 games to go, 2 points behind United and a game in hand. I could totally win the league.

Gabby is sitting on 35 starts, 31 goals (all competitions, leading the league), Delph has been beastly since training him to be an AMC and playing him behind Gabby. 20 starts and 13 goals, currently averaging 7.62 a game (leading the league). Zog is leading the assists charts with 13, but I've benched him after he came out in the press and said I have no interaction skills. I had a chat with him and the outcome is me transfer listing his ass. I take no shit.

In the league - Scored 82, conceded 26.

I still cant seem to score from corners / set pieces though. 2 goals all season, that's it.

I still cant seem to score from corners / set pieces though. 2 goals all season, that's it.
Have you tried the thing of setting a striker/hammerfoot guy to 'Attack Near Post' and assigning CBs or two giants to 'Near Post Flick On' and 'Attack Far Post'?

Â