Photography?

trimandson

I've mentioned this before on another thread, but anyone using digital cameras (especially professionally) should spend a few minutes to read this.

Yep and its getting worse, the RAW files for the Nikon D2Xs were unreadable by PS, Nikon wouldnt release the data so Adobe were struggling to do anything about it. Don't know if the problem has been solved yet but what a Great idea by Nikon, your top level Pro Camera can't be used by the Top Level Pro software - excellent!

I've mentioned this before on another thread, but anyone using digital cameras (especially professionally) should spend a few minutes to read this.

Yep and its getting worse, the RAW files for the Nikon D2Xs were unreadable by PS, Nikon wouldnt release the data so Adobe were struggling to do anything about it. Don't know if the problem has been solved yet but what a Great idea by Nikon, your top level Pro Camera can't be used by the Top Level Pro software - excellent!

Could be wrong but i think cs2 can do it.. not sure how well but believe it handles nef.

ps here´s a link for you all.. it gets deep but is worth a look

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Could be wrong but i think cs2 can do it.. not sure how well but believe it handles nef.

ps here´s a link for you all.. it gets deep but is worth a look

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Each Nikon Model has its own version of nef, the D2Xs version has caused Adobe no end of problems, especially as Nikon weren't helping by not releasing the code.

That was the situation a few months ago, I have yet to find out if its been fixed yet - something I do need to find out

Try a circular polarizer, very useful for minimising reflections etc..

if i used something like this would i have to keep taking it off when i 'm taking normal outdoor shorts ?

I think the problem I had with the Everest through the window shot is the canon with it's auto focus points focuses on the window and blurs the distant image making it hard to get a decent shot , rather than a reflection ...

depends Tony, you could keep it on and turn it so it has a minimal effect but it still takes roughly three stops of any exposure.

How many lenses do you have? If its only the one then you can buy the screw on type that just screws onto the lens, if its more than one then its probably more cost effective so go with a system where you only have to buy a new adaptor ring for each lens but the system filters (Lee, Hoya, cokin) are more cumbersome and time consuming

Circular polarizers are the only surefire method of getting rid of reflections during capture

Paul I love the composition on your Illfracombe shot.

Couple of recent 'ish' ones from me. Finally got around to buying a macro lens - albeit at the wrong time of year as the ruddy bugs are either deceased or in hiding!!! DOF is far shallower than I'm used to, so bit of a bugger to begin with, but more than happy with it for £20. Am heartened to find you can do photography on the cheap!!! Canon S2 with a Raynox DCR-250 for anyone interested.

312995037_1b75263c37.jpg

302880710_ab925bb72b.jpg

cheers Cat :D

To say I'm a beginner would be an offence to beginners, have some way to go before I get to your standard.

Still hoping to take some good pics with my new SamsungS700, test shots have been good so far, I need to start getting to grips with Macro settings.

Heres another couple took with my old 4MP (Devon):

devon05058yf7.jpg

devon05019dk0.jpg

Couple of recent 'ish' ones from me. Finally got around to buying a macro lens - albeit at the wrong time of year as the ruddy bugs are either deceased or in hiding!!! DOF is far shallower than I'm used to, so bit of a bugger to begin with, but more than happy with it for £20. Am heartened to find you can do photography on the cheap!!! Canon S2 with a Raynox DCR-250 for anyone interested.

£20???!!! They are very nice shots from any priced lens. DOF is a bugger with macro stuff and I haven't sorted it yet. I'll post some shots when I work out how to do it, I would be interested to hear what you guys think.

bloody hell three days and it slipped to page three

Anyway, saw this before on a stumble - if you ignore the spiritual toss that the festival about (and by clicking this link you will miss it)

Blink photography

I thought that a) the bloke took some great shots and B) it was a cool idea for displaying photographs on the web

Â