Photography?

trimandson

cat just been on your sig have to say there are some excellent shots

If only I had a camera to even try such things

Thank you. My camera isn't a DSLR so don't think it's solely a rich mans hobby!!!! Perfectly possible to dip your toe on a budget :winkold:

• 3 weeks later...

Someone mentioned to me the other day that you can get filters to allow you to take photos in daylight, and still use slower exposures for running water and the like.

She said you can just hold them in front of a compact and it still does the same job. Could any of the more photographical types elaborate on this a bit? What filters would I need to do this and could I do it with my Canon Ixus 50?

neutral density filters

Just going out to work unfortunately Iain or I'd explain further

Do a google on:- Neutral density slow movement +technique

SHould bring up a few decent results

Failing that visit the leading mags websites theres bound to be a lesson or two on those

They come in three strengths btw, the strongest slows the exposure by three stops

Oh yes and for what you want to do overcast conditions are best

must fly

:D Fair enough.

I've been playing around with my PhotoBlog template, added in 'next' and 'previous' image previews and slotted in a visit counter at the bottom. It's tricky getting anyone to make comments though, maybe they're just all shit. ;)

You are right, we don't have many but I'm fortunate I only live a few miles away from one of our protected colonies which is in Formby, Merseyside (look up the National Trust then Freshfields or formby beach cant remember which)

You can use it if you want - all credit to me though :mrgreen:

About time I contributed to this thread again

Bastard.

I spend ages trying to get a decent photo and you dump on it with relative ease.

I hate people like you. ;)

Anyone else have a go at tonights eclipse? I've tried moons before and they've been rubbish... but these, if viewed small and with a squint, ain't too bad!!!! I actually really like the last one... but that's just me and my love of gloomy lighting :lol:

409305657_4907bd8bd6.jpg

409305662_cea2457ad0.jpg

409305665_b500f2485b_o.jpg

Cat those are great, its something I keep meaning to have a go at, the moon but I'venever got round to it (probably because I work most nights)

All three are good but yes the bottom one is the best

Â