Stephen Warnock

KSV

No way he tried to score that on purpose. If he did he would have missed the target.

On a serious note.. you can tell the bloke was shattered after he did it.. The booing is harsh but its a reality check. He knows hes playing shit.. but now he knows its unacceptable and so does our manager. You cant play this poorly for months now and keep your spot. Unless your manager is McLeish.

Licaj Clark Cuellar Hutton - next game.

If it is expect another 6-0 beating.

I was angry with his own goal, genuinly laughed out load at the 'cross' that nearly left the earth's atmosphere, and was happy to see he head hadn't completely gone the 2nd half, his perfomance then was OK. I've said to a few people at VP, I reckon something has gone on in his private life - girlfriend left him, ganny died, dog ran away - his drop in form has been sudden and shocking. Not making excuses for him, just wondering as to the reason why it's happened
But he's been poor for most of the season. Scratch that, he's been poor for about two years now.

Incredibly overrated player. I can't think of many players in our team that could **** up as much as he has and still get so much praise. If Petrov was consistently making these kinds pathetic mistakes then the reaction would be completely different.

I'm not the guy who's offended by every little thing. There's always people who generalise that English have horrible teeth just because they saw one English guy with yellow teeth or whatever. Does not bother me. Everyone has to find something offensive and it's bloody ridiculous.

Hell, there's people in this thread who are offended that fans booed a millionaire who's costing the club points that equates to million of pounds from potenial league drops. You would think they're related to Warnock. He doesn't really give a shit about us. It's just a job to him and he'll retire in a few years time in his mansion while most of you will probably have to slave your ass off when you're near 70 to retire.

of course he gives a shit, he looked genuiely devastated that he'd scored a own goal. Just because he earns a certain amount of money doesn't mean he is in human and dont have feelings.

I actually think he is a decent player and one of our better left backs of recent years.

You're **** kidding me?

Worst fullback ive ever seen in a Villa shirt, AND he's getting worse.

I actually think he is a decent player and one of our better left backs of recent years.

You're **** kidding me?

Worst fullback ive ever seen in a Villa shirt, AND he's getting worse.

No im not kidding anyone. He is a full back playing left defence and to me its quite clear he is meant to be playing more of a stopper role so is limited to in going forward. For a small guy he has good heading ability and he gets stuck in well. I dont think he is worth his large wages (40k?) though.

So why throw it into an insult as if it does?

Cos I see him as a stereotypical Irish guy.. Everytime I see him he looks pissed. He just annoys the hell out of me.

Can I just congratulate you on making yourself look like the biggest idiot in the thread when the thread contains CI

(that's a joke by the way)

What isn't a joke, and i don't want to wave an imaginary red card here (but I'm going to), is that if I said somethign like "Bent reminds me of a stereotypical black guy...he always looks high and full of fried chicken" I'd probably be banned from the site.

I'm half Irish. I'm not offended by what you said up there, but that doesn't mean i think it's acceptable that you said it.

how exactly was dunne at fault for warnock's og???

Depends if he got a shout or not.

If Warnock called for it and Dunne still jumped in front of him, then he should take part of the blame (but not all of it, it's still no excuse for Warnock sticking it in his own net)

If there was no call then Dunne is faultless in my opinion. He couldn't have known Warnock was there and had no option but to try and head the ball. Not his fault he couldn't get there.

Dunne's fault or not, I think it was him jumping in front of Warnock that caused Warnock to do what he did. That's not an excuse for Warnock, it's still a shit piece of football, but there's ana rgument that it's partly Dunne's fault. As I said, depends on if there was a call.

Cos I see him as a stereotypical Irish guy.. Everytime I see him he looks pissed. He just annoys the hell out of me.

Can I just congratulate you on making yourself look like the biggest idiot in the thread when the thread contains CI

What isn't a joke, and i don't want to wave an imaginary red card here (but I'm going to), is that if I said somethign like "Bent reminds me of a stereotypical black guy...he always looks high and full of fried chicken" I'd probably be banned from the site.

I'm half Irish. I'm not offended by what you said up there, but that doesn't mean i think it's acceptable that you said it.

I think its wrong but I dont think its not acceptable it was just a silly thing to say. In the Steven Ireland thread someone has a picture of a bald women and jokes that they look like each other. I think if any bald people were reading that potentially they may see it as a slur at all bald people. I think if this is unacceptable that must be too.

Spot on, I'm barely Irish at all but that's not the point, throwing around racial stereotypes of any race is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

But wait a second.

I've seen people making ginger jokes/insults regarding McLeish and Collins. GarethRDR was guilty of this yesterday when he had an image 'Ginger Thunder' with Collins face planted on a launcher. Why is the colour of their hair relevant to them as a person? Why mention that at all?

But this sort of stuff doesn't bother me. What does bother me however when people make this sort of stuff a serious matter when they were guilty of it themselves not so long ago. It smacks of hypocrisy at it's finest. I don't see anyone making a fuss about that when it's more or less the same.

how exactly was dunne at fault for warnock's og???

Depends if he got a shout or not.

If Warnock called for it and Dunne still jumped in front of him, then he should take part of the blame (but not all of it, it's still no excuse for Warnock sticking it in his own net)

If there was no call then Dunne is faultless in my opinion. He couldn't have known Warnock was there and had no option but to try and head the ball. Not his fault he couldn't get there.

IMO it is Dunne's fault he couldn't get there. That cross seemed to hang in the air a long time and Dunne needed to just position himself better and be quicker if he was going to go for it. It wasn't his only sluggish bit of movement by that point.

As for whether there was a call and what that means in terms of blame, that's not even cut and dry either. If Dunne heard a call after he jumped, then avoided heading it out of hesitation or confusion, then that's more on Warnock for calling for a ball he wasn't certain how to deal with. It can be argued that the lack of a call put's it on Dunne's head, as I say, for deciding to go for a ball he should have been able to deal with but missed. Dunne could just have easily checked himself and called out 'that one's yours'.

Whichever way, I'm in agreement with you that this isn't just a black and white case of Warnock being shit. It doesn't take much to turn a cushioned header meant for the keeper into a cushioned header heading for the corner, and becoming unsighted will certainly do it. I think it was just One Of Those Things but made all the more likely for our defence because their communication, organisation and confidence are all at such a low ebb.

Totally disagree with the comments on here..

Warnock is not a "very good left back" - he is a very poor one.

The own goal is just a start of many errors that he will continue to do (and has done since he has signed) if he keeps his place in the team.

He should be in the reserves like last season - Houllier was right.

Â