Gym Routine

olboydave

Im on 3 weeks holiday in January so have plenty of time for the gym. Following items have been cut from my diet: Alcohol, Biscuits, Chocolate, White bread, Soft Drinks. Feeling a major sugar downer with alcohol the only one that will be coming back at the end of Jan.

Using these 3 weeks to do some damage to the winter tank and get me into some sort of routine. Then I will be coming to find you guys for your Gwyneth Paltrow routines.

Right so, i started doing something called DDP yoga (BANG!) not expecting anything results wise.

Holy shit i have never felt better, and i am in the best shape of my life. 4% body fat!

I recommend this to everyone, seriously!

• Like 1

Most elite level bodybuilders are around 4% bf on stage and it's very difficult to maintain that level for a long time. 

Most MALE bodybuilders are around 4%. Females (in general) have a higher body fat %

8-10% bodyfat is usually considered as a physiological minimum for women.

So if Jenny was 4% then, essentially, she'd be at literally fatal bodyfat levels :D

My targets for the year:

12% bodyfat

125kg Bench

200kg Deadlift

175kg Squat

Bench and deadlfit are achievable. Squat target scares me, but we'll see how it goes.

Bodyfat is my primary focus though. Not sure my lifts will like that, but we'll see.

I've lost 7lbs in 10 days, is that healthy? I'm eating 3 meals a day snacking on fruit.

Not healthy in the long term, but it depends on your starting point.

If you're overweight, plus taking into account the christmas binge that we've all been on, then it's understandable that you'd get a large weight loss in the first couple of weeks of a diet. So I wouldn't worry too much. If it continues then eat more calories. Long term you should aim for 1-2lbs max a week really. But again if you're a big guy (I have no idea if you are or not) then it's likely to come off a bit quicker, especially at first.

Also, make sure you're weighing yourself at the same time every time. First thing in the morning, pre breakfast but post shit is ideal, and do it once a week on Sunday morning, for example. That way you'll have a constant point in time.

Your bodyweight will fluctuate a surprising amount during the day.

I weighed myself last thing before bed a few weeks back, and then first thing in the morning 2 days later. I was 6 pounds lighter on the second weigh in.

Edited by Stevo985

Here is the performance center without any weights and standing in front of the weight cage which you will see later:

10e37kx.jpg

A side space with resistance running machines. Pretty cool:

2mhiu4x.jpg

Doing work, see the weight cage in background

1gkdir.jpg

Git r done:

avmsk9.jpg

• Like 1

:(

that place looks awesome.

You could probably fit the entire free weight area of my gym in that cage!

We have another building the size of that one, that is just for pe classes! That one is just for athletes.

It really is fantastic, and the strength guy is the husband of the athletic director, he was working for university of Arkansas and has worked with Pete Carroll when he was at university of southern cal, so we lucked out when we got him as part of the deal with his wife moving here. The kids love him and he does great work.

Surprisingly most of the kids understand how lucky they are.

Best thing personally for me is having a key so I can go whenever I like.

Â