Gym Routine

olboydave

Totally demotivated cuz of knee, so no I haven't been in a while (and my membership is up at the end of the month).

What's the problem you're having?  Back? Knees? Arms?

From a technique point of view it's a relatively simple lift.  I find that If the initial lift is giving you problems then it could be the way you are shaping your back beforehand.

When are you in next?  I can definitely go Saturday if you want.  Just because I haven't gone doesn't mean I can't go.  It might be good - no - it WOULD be good to go in once more before my membership expires.

And I'm not being funny but I really wouldn't trust the employees on their form.  I haven't seen them specifically teaching deadlift but I have seen them on squats (granted, a far more complicated lift) and I was not impressed.

• Like 1

You've no idea how much it's wrecking my head.  I really should go to the doctor with the knee but I'm assuming it is cruciate so I'm assuming rest will make it better.  But basically as it stands, I can't squat or deadlift and even something like a rowing machine needs to be done verrrry gingerly.  Basically, I can't just 'go at it' when I go to the gym and it ends up pissing me off to the point where I'd rather not go there to be miserable.  Which then makes me miserable that I'm not there.  The few times I've gone since the injury, I've still been able to bench 75kg and overhead 50+ so I'm as strong as I've ever been and if I ever go back at it I expect I'll reach that level in no time.

Todays work out almost won. I really did struggle more than I have in a long time. I still finished the work out but my form wasn't good on hardly anything. Damn single leg box step ups ruined me. I did move almost everything out of my sisters apartment the other day and my body was full of aches. Still, I felt like a puss. :(

BOF, get your butt in gear. You definitely need to rest the knee but there's plenty of other stuff you could be doing. Especially if you are that grumpy without the gym. YOU GOT THIS!

Is it any motion with a knee bend or just deeper ones like squats?  I was thinking you could do a different variation of Burpees. But it still might be too much.

When did the tear happen? how long of you been resting and hopefully icing it?

Also, how's the attachment above the knee in the quad and below it near the shin? Essentially does either hurt and if so which one hurts more?

I can walk on it and jog briefly. Periods of inactivity make it slightly stiff and it takes a while to loosen up. It won't bend fully and it begins to send me signals (starts to hurt) as it approaches full bend. A full straighten gives the same signals. Basically it doesn't take much movement at all for it to remind me that all is not well in there. My one attempt at the deadlift since the injury resulted in a back tweak because I compensated for the knee with my back, like an idiot. So I've taken the approach that full rest is better than making a complete hames of the thing altogether.

Moved on up yesterday with my running! Feeling good too. No aches or pains, knees are holding up fine. Amazing what a decent pair of trainers will do.

45min 30sec (6km) straight off. Gave me a pace of 7:35 which is ace. I could have probably ran a little more but my iPhone died at km 5 and I got bored.

Next aim.. 7km. B)

Â