Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

hah, you probably anti tanked mined me as few times!

:lol:

Today I had a game in White Pass as Recon and went 48-17 in conquest. The team balances were great. very tight fight, but everthing i aimed at died.

got about 25 kills with my Grach sidearm.

I love this game, hope BF3 is as good.

VBM, add me and we can squad a few games :)

No idea, just got an email inviting me to the alpha. Think it's just a random selection of EA account holders.

Haven't really played enough to say how good it is yet, I'll be putting in a session later though.

• 2 weeks later...

Dice are thinking of adding the commo rose as alot of the community are really pushing for it.

for those who dont know what it is, its basically a communication rose where you request ammo, say thanks, set markers, request medical help etc etc in a octagonal shape.

Everyone is a bit narked about the 3d spotting (something i dont really mind to be honest) and the sniper rifle glint when they camp for more than 5 seconds (players will see a quick flash of light in the distance where the rifle is, highlighting the sniper)

Apparently the damage model is unreal!

I'm sad i cant afford to buy a decent PC to run it on though. console owners are restricted to 24 player combat and *maybe* smaller maps than our 64 player PC counterparts.

I'm in the same boat, will be getting it on console (same with Skyrim)

Pleased to hear that one of the pre-order bonuses are some of the remade maps from BF2 - Return to Karkand :D And I always loved Wake Island too.

Is it basically CoD with vehicles? or is there more to it?

Has it come to this? Go and stand in the corner. Face the corner damnit!

Just kidding. But seriously, no, its not CoD with vehicles. Its a very different beast altogether despite it being a modern military game (these days at least). The Battlefield games operate on a scale that CoD's smaller arena style combat doesn't come close to - even more so when it comes to the tent pole BF games (BF1942, BF2 and now BF3)

Never played any of the BF games, but im sick to death of CoD tbh. 100% going to give this ago.

Is it basically CoD with vehicles? or is there more to it?

It's a lot slower than COD with more emphasis on teamwork. Running and gunning, which is how i like playing, doesnt really work.

Although COD will always be my preference of the two, i'm definitely going to get this, looks really good.

I think its the same for multi platforms if you were interested.

Not sure what the avatar outfit is either? Is it a skin for your player?

Looking about at the videos is making me really want to buy a PC..

64 players looks so much more interesting than 24 :cry:

Not sure what the avatar outfit is either? Is it a skin for your player?

Its just an army outfit that you dress your Avatar up in. I dont think PS3 have avatars so youre not really missing out.

64 players looks so much more interesting than 24

Its 32 players on console isnt it?? 32 is more than enough. If you ask me, 64 is too many. Lag would be a major problem, especially in a game such as this with so much going on and also the high end graphics.

The console version is the safer bet IMO.

For those who haven't seen the newest footage.

This game is a must for me. Been playing battlefield for years on console and pc. Think I'm getting this one on console because I think I'll need a big pc upgrade to play the 64 player map.

No Stu, it will be the same as Bad Company 2, 24 players maximum (12 V 12).

They state the reason is due to consoles not having enough juice in them to do more than 24 players + frostbite 2 engine running at the same time without severely denting the lag/graphics.

I think 32 would have been a good comprimise to be honest.

We will also have smaller map without as many flags to capture in conquest mode.

It will still be a great game, but we will have vehicle restrictions and it wont be as intense as PC.

Its 32 players on console isnt it?? 32 is more than enough. If you ask me, 64 is too many. Lag would be a major problem, especially in a game such as this with so much going on and also the high end graphics.

The console version is the safer bet IMO.

None of this is true. If you can run it, the PC will absolutely be the version to play.

Â