What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Right so the missus remarked that we had no Xmas records. I put that straight today and bought this. Originally released in 2002 on CD. First time on vinyl and all proceeds to Warchild. And here’s the best bit, a double album, pressed on that trendy coloured vinyl, never been released on this format before…. £16.99 It absolutely can be done

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Right so the missus remarked that we had no Xmas records. I put that straight today and bought this. Originally released in 2002 on CD. First time on vinyl and all proceeds to Warchild. And here’s the best bit, a double album, pressed on that trendy coloured vinyl, never been released on this format before…. £16.99 It absolutely can be done

image.jpeg

I own this and at least 3 tracks are amongst my favourite Christmas tunes. Low, obviously, Departure Lounge and Eels. 

• Like 1

Good job I haven’t done my list yet… final purchase of the year 

Reset in Dub. A dub version of the Panda  Bear and Sonic Boom album Reset by the godlike dub genius of Adrian Sherwood

As a fan of the very Beach Boys influenced original album and with AMS at the controls it was always going to be a winner with me. I’ve had to settle for the CD though as the vinyl is like rocking horse shit oop norf

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ah another Rega-phile 👍

I like the P1 and the IO, I think they are great vfm 

I also seem to have become the owner of two different sets of Tannoy ("it's a brand name") speakers that are pretty cool even if they never really appear at the top of the "best speaker" lists.

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I like the P1 and the IO, I think they are great vfm 

I also seem to have become the owner of two different sets of Tannoy ("it's a brand name") speakers that are pretty cool even if they never really appear at the top of the "best speaker" lists.

I havea P3 I had ten years ago, still plays like new and the red drive belts never seem to wear out.

1 hour ago, Xann said:

ab67616d0000b273f19367a2f0555ba8ca44aea4.jpg.dae1cc35b71cb3f9a4924cb3911754d6.jpg

Barry Wordsworth & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - 'British Light Classics'

The link is Handley, can't find the Wordsworth. The Wordsworth is the better recording.

This is a totally uncool but fantastic album.

I love that stuff. But for TV/radio theme tunes, I'd rather have the 'original' (broadcast) versions - stuff like the above rather reminds of the 'Top of the Pops' albums, or the old Geoff Love film theme covers. 

On the other hand, I have all six volumes of this: 

71PbKiuS8rL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I love that stuff. But for TV/radio theme tunes, I'd rather have the 'original' (broadcast) versions - stuff like the above rather reminds of the 'Top of the Pops' albums, or the old Geoff Love film theme covers. 

Got the ogs, and I generally would agree broadcast versions are best, but these are about the music, rather than childhood memories.

It's the RPO. They have 21st Century condenser microphones, quiet preamps, wide dynamic range and actual stereo. The two volumes on Warners and Hyperion's four volumes by Corp are really lovely. Were you listening to them for the first time, you'd choose many of these over the originals.

• Like 1

Paisley Underground stalwarts… Steve Wynn's The Dream Syndicate - The Universe Inside.

Double album, 4 tracks. Long trippy guitar opuses and any song that contains the repeated line “Apropros of nothing” deserves credit

This one really is as far out as the cover suggests (which isn’t always the case for DS)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Â