What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

CG6-giLW8AAg0Ib.jpg

One of the very first bands I saw live, I would have been about 15 / 16 at the time, probably still in my top 10 gigs.

Same band later became 'The Truth' and they took over the crown of best and hardest working live band. Never quite nailed it in the studio.

Oh yeah, very much Feelgood territory.

Having seen them both live, that would be a tricky call. Actually, two bands that are both better live than recorded so they really were quite similar.

The difference, I guess, would have been that Nine Below / The Truth would have been more contemporary for me, same cut of suit and all that superfluous rubbish that at the time was of deathly importance.

When I went to see the Feelgoods a couple of times, I had to go on my own. To see Nine Below, we'd go as a gang and have a different experience.

If you've got the album, you've heard his speciality - train noises harmonica! He could get 10 minutes out of that build up in a gig!

yep, can't deny Cream were excellent musicians, but I know where 16 year old skinny suit wearing me would have been jumping up n down like a loon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWG81mdUaKA

i really like that album, its a bit underrated imo in terms of their first three. i prefer it over whats the story morning glory, not saying its better but i just prefer it. rarely i will listen to oasis and i appreciate them more that way, for the times they were a great band and i think the whole liam and noel thing was great but it quickly became old hat and their music kind of started to go down hill. got some very fond memories from this band.

I love it because its flawed. Long self indulgent songs, recorded at the height of their fame, while out of their boxes. 

Not as good or tight as their first two but still love it 

Thoughts on this?

Positive/negative/whatever

Good stuff!

Bit QOTSA/Pixies, I approve

By the way, wrong thread - this is for albums ;)

• Like 1

Â