• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I don't care that he's managed Blues. Nobody will hold that against Craig Gordon if we sign him....I just care that this is a decidedly mediocre manager if not worse, who will not inspire top players to want to sign for Villa, and will lead the good players we have to want out.

ben foster? gordon is a sunderland keeper

your other mistake was describing mccliesh as mediocre

that would imply he is average, a ranking he could only dream of

1-3 = top quality manager, any manager achieving these positions

4-5 = very good manager

6-7 = good manager

8-12=average manager

13-16 = poor

17-20 = shit

a simple chart for everyone to quickly judge the rating of a manager with premier league experience just add all the league positions together and divide by the number of seasons they have had in the premier league and bingo, you see how good or bad they really are.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that he managed Blues.. Its because he isnt good enough for Villa.

Would Spurs or Liverpool accept McLeish as their manager? I doubt it...So why should we?

Why cant we go out there and appoint a good European manager(if the good Prem managers are all unavailable)?

Can anyone ITK confirm whether or not its true Rijkaard shown interest in the job...Because its sickening if he has and we are favouring McLeish over him.

Here's a theory (dunno if anyone's thought of this.... so many posts..)

Randy's f*ckin with us to get want he wants....

He wants to bring in someone unproved at this level e.g. Martinez, Coyle etc.... He knows Villa fans will be pissed off cause they want Carlo, Moyes, etc... So to he's interviewing Mcleish so we are all crapping ourselves.. then Randy will say Mcleish hasn't got the job & appoint someone like Coyle & we'll be so funkin grateful it wasn't Mcleish...

Job done

Those protesters are trying to save the club. Admirable! Too bad more didn't turn out.

Their still turning up, it was only announced less than 24 hrs ago! Well over 500 there now, a few more days organising and there will be more protesting.

Sky Sports sources understand discussions between Randy Lerner and Alex McLeish are progressing well as Aston Villa prepare to fill their managerial vacancy.

5496388387_2c3f14d327.jpg

LOL, it really is gonna kick off if randy doesnt pull this out of the hat!!

I honestly can't see Randy backing down on this, I also think GH has had some input.
I can't see Houllier doing anything but recommending Randy avoid appointing a manager who sticks 10 men behind the ball and plays hoofball for 90 minutes. SHA last season were more boring and just as thuggish as Stoke.

If there's anything to come out of all this it's the naivity of Randy Lerner. He needs to get a footballing brain at Villa Park who works with the Club day in day out..preferably an ex player who knows about AVFC and knows football. Someone who advises them correctly on who he needs to appoint as a coach...smeone who knows all the dodgy dealers and the way other clubs go about their business and how to deal with it.

I just hope they listen because however much this appointment could be an inspired choice, it's just ripping the football club apart.

For the record McCleish is apparently an honest decent guy and TBH he's been working for a bunch of clowns, but how the hell could anyone decide this is a good move by both parties?

No doubt your heart is in the right place but my goodness you are really sticking your neck out with this one!

Sorry but we don't think you are healthy enough to carry on working here so if you don't mind we are letting you go. Oh, by the way, could you recommend someone to do your job after you have left.

Don't see it myself.

You have to remember Mantis McLeish and Houllier go way back, McLeish stayed went to Lyon to learn from GED!
Oh I know, but I just can't see him recommending McLeish unless he's pissed at Lerner and wants to harm the club.

There is about 2000 there now. 500 at the reception and 1500 at the Holte End. getting bigger by the minute by all accounts. They didn't shut the gates properly so a source as said.

Either stupidity is a contagious disease or those on this forum who took the p*ss out of the protesters may have misjudged the feelings of a large number of fans.

There is about 2000 there now. 500 at the reception and 1500 at the Holte End. getting bigger by the minute by all accounts. They didn't shut the gates properly so a source as said.

Either stupidity is a contagious disease or those on this forum who took the p*ss out of the protesters may have misjudged the feelings of a large number of fans.

How is showing how u feel about possibly the worst appointment ever in the clubs history stupid? I mean come on, aslong as these guys keep it peaceful and respectful I think its a great idea, better than just sitting back and watch the club die infront of your eyes!!