• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

DVIN, this is a done deal, you really think there only just meeting for an interview now, no chance. That interview comment was not for the benefit of the FANS, it was a reaction to the shite down the road with their threats.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This started with talksport... "24 hours mccleish will be villa manager".. well its nearly 24 hours gone and no signs of it happening.. the Villa statement suggests they will speak him (and it has taken place apparently) and that's it.. I honestly don't see it happening.

Why would the statement mention his name if we weren't confident in getting him? If he wasn't a main target we would just say, "we are currently conducting interviews" not "we aim to interview Alex McLeish imminently".

The club has stuck its neck too far out on the line for it to not happen now.

Perhaps because the idea of the statement was to say pipe down everybody we'll do it our way. I think he'll be interviewed and it'll be agreed on both sides its not right.

I think, I hope, I feel sick.

DVIN, this is a done deal, you really think there only just meeting for an interview now, no chance. That interview comment was not for the benefit of the FANS, it was a reaction to the shite down the road with their threats.

Maybe, but i'm not convinced.. I still believe it won't happen.

No problem with the board exploring all options. But surely if McClaren was disregarded because of fan pressure then there's no way this can go ahead.

I am worried by the amount of sources that seem convinced it's almost a done deal, but the statement from AVFC themselves just confirmed they were holding an interview.

Whilst I will continue to support Villa, this will severely damage my support for the club, not because of the board picking McLeish so much, but more that this is a deal which clearly makes NO sense, either financially or for the fans. It raises serious concerns with me over Randy's intentions. He's been a great chairman, but he's already made one poor appointment, I think he owes it to us fans not to make 2 in a row.

We're not asking for Mourinho, or even Ancelotti any more (would have been nice, but we have to be realistic now). But I think a majority of the fans would rather we give a chance to a young up and coming manager. It would be cheaper, it would be less controversial and it would keep the fans on his side.

Picking a manager the fans didn't particularly want is forgivable, especially when results go in our favour. But picking a manager the fans absolutely don't want ...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Wasn't that Robert Oppenheimer ?? (Largely credited ((if thats the word)) with the atomic bomb.)

Edit: Yes it was.

Sure was, however I am now accrediting it to Lerner

This started with talksport... "24 hours mccleish will be villa manager".. well its nearly 24 hours gone and no signs of it happening.. the Villa statement suggests they will speak him (and it has taken place apparently) and that's it.. I honestly don't see it happening.

Why would the statement mention his name if we weren't confident in getting him? If he wasn't a main target we would just say, "we are currently conducting interviews" not "we aim to interview Alex McLeish imminently".

Perhaps because the idea of the statement was to say pipe down everybody we'll do it our way. I think he'll be interviewed and it'll be agreed on both sides its not right.

We released a statement on Martinez, no guarantee we'd have appointed him. Just speak to him. That was forced from the club by Whelan as this statement was forced by the facebook group.

I received another email from Villa this morning offering me an "Aston villa Credit Card".

At the bottom of the email is an unsubscribe button. If enough people use that (it takes one click to unsubscribe when you click through), they might take notice. These boys place real value on their marketing lists.

YEah today the board and mcdouche have just met up for a game of spin the bottle, who sucks who off next.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Wasn't that Robert Oppenheimer ?? (Largely credited ((if thats the word)) with the atomic bomb.)

Edit: Yes it was.

Sure was, however I am now accrediting it to Lerner

I fear the NFL lockout could be the death of us.

I just don't believe that Randy will make this appointment, its wrong on so many levels - I fail to find a single positive.

What concerns me is that they are seemingly relying on advisers - with themselves not having a 'gut feeling' for the game. It would demonstrate a severe lack of understanding IMO - and for the first time in my supportership, really bring into question our dealings - as, quite clearly, he would have been tapped up.

This just goes against everything Randy has done since being at Villa.

makes no sense, at all.

It's possible and I hope it's the case but....

Why waste everyone's time and endure the huge backlash of the fans, the media and making yourself and the club look incompetent to the world by interviewing a guy u know you will just turn down anyway?

Also, could you imagine if McLeish REALLY wants the job, we give him a mickey mouse interview and then turn him down? He'll be straight on the press raving about it was all just lip service and how unprofessional Villa are.

Either way it's got to the point now where the board will come out of this looking really silly! However, if they don't appoint McLeish at least they'll have the majority of the Villa fans back on their side for "eventually listening to reason", even though it's late coming.

Could it be all just one massive smoke screen?

imagine the board signing someone who we never expected to get (in an awesome sense)

ponder that one for a bit.

Yeah that would be a very good idea. Revenue goes down because fans are not buying season tickets, sales must be down as well in the official stores, players must be reading the newspapers shaking their heads in disbelief, Downing has probably packed his bag in instant reaction, Young is laughing all the way to Manchester and players who fancied going here must really love the way things are going.

So all in all, that plan is awesome!