• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

17 days until Mark Hughes is appointed Aston Villa manager...

Anyone got the latest odds for Hughes (sorry cant get onto bookie sites at work). I think its about time I start getting some money on him

about 3/1

Cheers, time to treble my money!

4/1 on betfair

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad someone brought this up. Can anyone explain to me why we had to pay anyone off if ..

1. O'Neill resigned as we've been told he did from the off.

2. Houllier wasn't fit enough to continue, as we've been told.

Surely neither of those situations require a payout ?

1. They bought MON's silence. Constructive dismissal or whatever. MON clearly got what he wanted out of this tribunal and no one has heard a thing about it.

2. Houllier was cleared to return by some of the doctors, he could have been advised by the club that they'd prefer to follow another route, so he got his compo too.

All IMO of course.

The club paid MON off to drop the constructive dissmissal claim rather than face publication of the full facts. The High Court has a nasty habbit of printing copies of judgements in such cases and i fear that would have been a greater embarassement.

MON obviously values his bank balance higher than his "principles"

Bullshit. The club did wrong by him and he got his due compensation. If he simply resigned for no reason then he wouldn't be entitled to a penny. The fact he keeps his mouth shut is because he's a respectable man.

if mcleish does take it he has bigger balls than more of us thats for sure

Agree. It'd be some sort of a new-found admiration from me if he has the ball to take the job. Don't think he would though.

Don't believe he'd be offered the job either because no sane businessman would do it. I still consider Lerner sane.

I am getting a little fed up of listening to all this smokescreen and mirrors crap!!

Indeed .

Its just a mixture of bad press from journalists and bad PR from club .

Smoke and mirrors my arse.

Its true isn't it. Can't go a day without it being mentioned. But, your right; a combination of SHOCKING press from Neil Noncely, Matt Flaw, & Tom Dross, along with the club either getting themselves into a right mess & not having the coverage to admit their mistakes, or it is a stroke of genius. But it is NOT smoke and mirrors. Please guys. So many conspiracy theories have been flying about; I am beginning to question my own sanity.

INSANITY2.jpg

Just spoken to someone at the club and the official line is they cannot keep releasing statements every 5mins because the press don't have a clue who is going to be the manager. Randy and Paul are aware about the fans views on McLeish but they will not comment on it or any other manager. Also pleaded with them to ban Neil Moxley from the CLUB.

You just phoned em up?

:lol:

Been e-mailing them consistently to express my concerns and now they've phoned me.

Well done Villa 8)

Bullshit. The club did wrong by him and he got his due compensation. If he simply resigned for no reason then he wouldn't be entitled to a penny. The fact he keeps his mouth shut is because he's a respectable man.

Yeah, they said no to him when he wanted to spunk even more money up the wall on over paid players that wouldn't get a look in.

I'm glad someone brought this up. Can anyone explain to me why we had to pay anyone off if ..

1. They bought MON's silence. Constructive dismissal or whatever. MON clearly got what he wanted out of this tribunal and no one has heard a thing about it.

2. Houllier was cleared to return by some of the doctors, he could have been advised by the club that they'd prefer to follow another route, so he got his compo too.

All IMO of course.

The club paid MON off to drop the constructive dissmissal claim rather than face publication of the full facts. The High Court has a nasty habbit of printing copies of judgements in such cases and i fear that would have been a greater embarassement.

I tend to agree with this. Not sure why he keeps his mouth shut as his stock has fallen because of this. The compo must've been good.

All IMO of course.

You honestly believe MON did no wrong dont you?

Do spill the beans ... what did the club do wrong by him ?

All IMO of course.

Hello again :wink:

He's kepy his mouth shut because he knew he wouldn't get a penny if he didn't and now part of the pay off means he HAS to keep it shut.

There was no "honour" in stitching us up like he did and I'd love to know how he was "wronged?"

Then again, I'm only a newbie..... what could I know. :lol:

Do spill the beans ... what did the club do wrong by him ?

This i would like to here! :?

Just spoken to someone at the club and the official line is they cannot keep releasing statements every 5mins because the press don't have a clue who is going to be the manager. Randy and Paul are aware about the fans views on McLeish but they will not comment on it or any other manager. Also pleaded with them to ban Neil Moxley from the CLUB.

You just phoned em up?

Been e-mailing them consistently to express my concerns and now they've phoned me.

Well done Villa 8)

So, instead of phoning up individuals, why don't they just issue a statement to that effect? Crazy.

youre dead right, we shouldve let him keep signing players like sidwell and beye and putting them on contracts worth more than £45k a week despite not playing them

another few years of that and we'd undoubtedly have reached the promised land of administration

Birmingham Mail

"Last night, Blues received a response to two emails sent by Peter Pannu to Paul Faulkner, Villa’s chief executive."

First one he clicked delete as he thought it was a virus considering where it come from. Peter Pannu is going to look very stupid at the end of this realising we will never give them 5Million as their boss has RESIGNED.

FROM Peter Pannu

MR CEO SMALL HEALTH CITY

INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK OF GHANA

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GHANA,

+233546242652

My Mr Faulker

I hope this may not constitute sort of embarrassment to you,My name is Mr. Peter Pannu ,I am the SEO of SMALL HEALTH CITY I got your contact during my search for a reliable, honest and a trust worthy person to partner this huge transfer project with (Remember, we like Gardner, Ridgwell and Davies). I am married to a Scottish Man. I am writing to solicit your assistance in the transfer of £ 5,500,000.00 (Five Million of your English pounds ), i have crafted out of our banks profit books and records.

To make this a reality, i need you to stand as the original depositor of this fund so that the fund can be transferred to your nominated account. If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your urgent response and endeavour to give me a phone call as to explain details , modalities and most importantly,for us to establish voice contacts.

With Regards,

Mr. Peter Pannu

Yeah, they said no to him when he wanted to spunk even more money up the wall on over paid players that wouldn't get a look in.

Spot on..

If he's THAT good why haven't CFC come knocking? They're a top 4 club after all!