• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness I have not said that Moyes is too big for you or made any negative comments about your club, at all.

These stories may give you "a glimmer of hope" but I personally found it unfair to see people spending money on bets on unfounded and intentinally fabricated rumours.

I've been registered with the site for a few years after setting up interviews with some of you a few years ago. Al i was doing was trying to help dispell some nonsense.

No you haven't and you don't deserve any abuse for what you have posted. Please feel free to continue to visit and post on the site.

I actually like other fans posting on each others sites - gives us a different perspective. FWIW I've never bought into the Moyles story and so I've been laying Moyes all the way down on Betfair. If it is him though, the kids aren't eating for a month!

Everton fan here again. I was on here early yesterday evening attempting to cool the Moyes rumours but it appears to have gotten out of hand again.

Nothing has changed with his situation. He has not resigned. The Radio City story was a hoax, as are most of the twitter rumours being sputed. In fact an Everton forum is having people go onto twitter to start these rumours as a wind-up to see if they could get people to get the odds on Moyes down. they help take him from 8-1 to favourites in a matter of an hour so it obviously worked,

A few people talking about Phil Neville talking about this on twitter, i'm not sure if he did or didnt mention it but he is on holiday with Moyes at the moment so if he did say something then i'd take it as a very strong word.

The Moyes resignation story has no grounds to it, all hear-say and falsified stories. He has denied interest on the job, a number of times. Journalists have spoken to the club who have told them Moyes is going nowhere. See Phil McNulty (who has a long standing relationship with BK).

I'm not trying to wind anyone up but just thought i'd pass this all along again as alot of people on here seem to be laying money down on Moyes on the basis of very little.

See thats all well and good, except the Phil McNulty piece was based on something from your PR dept, they would say that in even the rumoured circumstances wouldn't they. Not saying he has or he hasnt resigned but a) it was a journalists blog not an article and B) its not actually inconsistent with the rumour.

The Radio Shitty thing, well you might think the rumour started there, it didn't. The rumour also didn't start on an Everton Forum. The "resigned" rumour may have started there but the Moyes to Villa thing has been going days and days and started with people connected with inside Villa (supposedly - definitely started at the Villa end of things though not Everton's). The Echo thing is just a rumour I agree, as the Echo are banned from EFC press conferences anyway, after digging a little too deep into Everton's finances in February. (those will be the financial problems that most Everton fans are doing an emu impression over)

Moyes was in Barbados last week, if that's where Phil Neville is I don't know. Kenwright is in the US until today, so incidentally is Randy Lerner. Phil Neville's twitter has said absolutely nothing about Moyes since the rumour started (@fizzer18), he seems to have been more concerned with having a spat with some random twitstalker than anything else

Managers always deny interest in jobs when they are under contract and the last time he spoke on the subject his wording wasn't exactly a denial either. "Of course I'd be interested at some point in the future... I'd like to be at a club where I can give something back to the fans..." (paraphrasing)

Who knows what will happen, though I do feel your post is written from the perspective of someone who doesn't want to believe the story even if its true(as many on the Villa side want to do the opposite - possibly even me), it's just going to be one of those wait and see days / weeks / months. Whatever happens, happens. This is a consequence of our boards tight lips on such affairs.

It is

I just don't see it to be honest, itll be a legal minefield to appoint him, and that could take 12 months to resolve as it appears his resignation is in dispute from SHA.

Nope nothing to see here!!

Looking at news now there are some stories in Dutch and itailian . I goggled translated the headlines which translate to Aston Villa bench: Rijkaard approach. I don't need to translate the the whole article that's enough for me deal done. it wont be Mcliesh

I know of somebody within Villa who knew of McLeishs resignation on Saturday morning. He heard first hand that he was due in for talks about the job. I dont normally post this sort of stuff but thats what ive heard this morning.

Im worried.

So now, the moderators prefer to protect opposing fans who have come on here with the intention of winding us up oh,

But he wasn't ....many people on here have said the twitter rumours are typical bullshit and that Moyes won't come ....they haven't got harsh responses like yours was.

He clearly wasn't here to wind people up.

Fair play to jamiemaher for putting his two penneth worth on here. It is good to get another perspective other than through claret n blue specs

I cannot see Moyes being remotely interested in us. It would be a sideways career move. He will have his eyes on a ManUre or Ci££y job but i think he will want to win a trophy with Everton first.

Also, he may want to wait around to see if the ground move happens with the Tesco money (£200m+, Sir Terry Leahy non exec at Everton), I think theres an alternative scheme to Kirkby on the drawing board

I know of somebody within Villa who knew of McLeishs resignation on Saturday morning. He heard first hand that he was due in for talks about the job. I dont normally post this sort of stuff but thats what ive heard this morning.

Im worried.

We've also seen MM just tell us it won't be McLeish with a ! ....it ain't gonna be AM!

Whether you believ/agree with him or not I don't thinnk our Toffee friend has said anything to warrant abuse. See bickster above for a perfectly reasonable and civil response.

original post deleted

I can't buy into this at all. Our players have left recently for exactly the same reason as yours have. The most high profile player to leave recently was Lescott, who left in exactly the same reasons as Gareth Barry. Pienaar left as he wanted CL football, and go it.

We need to sell to buy, we dont need to sell to keep the club afloat. Our finances are a problem but are not the endemic some make them out to be.

Everton and Villa are both in the same position where we're stuck under the glass ceiling of the top 4. Players leave our clubs for the same reasons. Either they're greedy or their tired of waiting for our clubs to make the great leap forward.

Stu,

Behave,

Do you honestly believe we'd write to Wigan 2 weeks ago and only after being given permission invite Martinez to an interview, meanwhile we're going behind that lots back to sneakily steal their manager

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit for atrocious spelling

Everton fan here again. I was on here early yesterday evening attempting to cool the Moyes rumours but it appears to have gotten out of hand again.

Nothing has changed with his situation. He has not resigned. The Radio City story was a hoax, as are most of the twitter rumours being sputed. In fact an Everton forum is having people go onto twitter to start these rumours as a wind-up to see if they could get people to get the odds on Moyes down. they help take him from 8-1 to favourites in a matter of an hour so it obviously worked,

A few people talking about Phil Neville talking about this on twitter, i'm not sure if he did or didnt mention it but he is on holiday with Moyes at the moment so if he did say something then i'd take it as a very strong word.

The Moyes resignation story has no grounds to it, all hear-say and falsified stories. He has denied interest on the job, a number of times. Journalists have spoken to the club who have told them Moyes is going nowhere. See Phil McNulty (who has a long standing relationship with BK).

I'm not trying to wind anyone up but just thought i'd pass this all along again as alot of people on here seem to be laying money down on Moyes on the basis of very little.

See thats all well and good, except the Phil McNulty piece was based on something from your PR dept, they would say that in even the rumoured circumstances wouldn't they. Not saying he has or he hasnt resigned but a) it was a journalists blog not an article and B) its not actually inconsistent with the rumour.

The Radio Shitty thing, well you might think the rumour started there, it didn't. The rumour also didn't start on an Everton Forum. The "resigned" rumour may have started there but the Moyes to Villa thing has been going days and days and started with people connected with inside Villa (supposedly - definitely started at the Villa end of things though not Everton's). The Echo thing is just a rumour I agree, as the Echo are banned from EFC press conferences anyway, after digging a little too deep into Everton's finances in February. (those will be the financial problems that most Everton fans are doing an emu impression over)

Moyes was in Barbados last week, if that's where Phil Neville is I don't know. Kenwright is in the US until today, so incidentally is Randy Lerner. Phil Neville's twitter has said absolutely nothing about Moyes since the rumour started (@fizzer18), he seems to have been more concerned with having a spat with some random twitstalker than anything else

Managers always deny interest in jobs when they are under contract and the last time he spoke on the subject his wording wasn't exactly a denial either. "Of course I'd be interested at some point in the future... I'd like to be at a club where I can give something back to the fans..." (paraphrasing)

Who knows what will happen, though I do feel your post is written from the perspective of someone who doesn't want to believe the story even if its true(as many on the Villa side want to do the opposite - possibly even me), it's just going to be one of those wait and see days / weeks / months. Whatever happens, happens. This is a consequence of our boards tight lips on such affairs.

That's fair enough, and obviously I am of a persuasion that Moyes won't leave, as is my right. And people on here may be of the persuasion that Moyes will join Villa, as is there right.

I'll probably stop posting now as some seem to be taking this all the wrong way. Just wanted to try and help out with what i've heard. i live in Birmingham so have alot of time for Villa and go along to Villa park when i'm not at Goodison so thought 'd just try and bridge a divide slightly.