• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 20 days to go before we announce Hughes

Might make a Mark Hughes advent calendar

will every days picture on it have a turd? and then on july 1st it is an animated one with flies around it?

Brummybloke, you appear to have unresolved isues. Would you like to talk about them? :lol:

if we were in the bottom 5 looking to get to mid table i would be

we are not that club.

there appears a common misconception that he is a 'young manager' when in fact he is only 3 years less experienced than ancelotti, he had his opportunity to shine when man city let him spunk £251 million on the worlds best players in 16 months, he failed.

he then did nothing special at fulham with a team who finished 7th and the following season got to the europa league finals

he averages 10th in the premier league under 3 different team

there are FAR better managers out there

it is odd people seem to compaire moyes to hughes, i can only presume it is becasue they look the same sort of age? because it cant be anything to do with their managerial skills.

while there are still top managers available i refuse to believe we would be quite so desperate to settle for a meh at best average done nothing in 11 years of football management yet shit on fulham and have an agent like he does.

he has built up NO solid reputation as a decent manager so why on gods green earth would randy risk his 200- million on something like him?

i could understand it if he had shown promise continually, he hasnt he got blackburn up to the same level graham souness did 2 years previously, he got man city BELOW what sven had got them the year before despite spunking £128 million over his first summer

not one thing has shown he is capable and i love my club too much to see a twunt like him manage our great club.

randy needs to follow on from what he has started not go backwards any further than last season was.

I actually agree with most of what you write... we can do a lot worse than him, but if we do eventually go for him then its a mid-table safe option. I'd rather take a gamble with a Martinez-like option.

i know im soiunding negative and child like almost in my belief randy wont **** up but i genuinely feel we are in a super position to attract a top manager for once

its like when we were fighting for the league and instead of buy sheringham we got cascarino and it all went down hill. the opportunity was there but the wrong person was picked.

with the owners support, the fans support, the fact the new guy can install 6 new first teamers with NO concerns from the owner due to the clear out we have had

and that there are several top managers in limbo job wise

all these things are a unique set of circumstances, no euro championships no world cup so these managers are not committed to tv stations over the summer

perfect

van gaal, ancelotti even with some prodding hitzfeld

top top managers under normal circumstances we would have no chance getting

but due to circumstance we have that chance NOW, it may not come again for a long long time.

Well it's Moyes turn on the rumor mill now, and this one is actually picking up a lot of pace. Here's hoping!

This coupe would definitely say "we are Aston Villa", and that's exactly what we need after losing Young.

I know we shouldn't read anything into bookies odds, but i'm really not comfortable with McLeish being favourite with Skybet and Victor Chandler

Sky bet are crooks, they just link a "source" on SSN then watch the bets fly in, I guess everyone else follows.