• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what have the itk's been saying? Ancelotti??

If it is ancelotti it makes sense that he would be gobsmacked as he said last week he was taking a break

My understanding is they haven't named any specific person, just that they have heard the board have someone in mind and it had the potential to cause the kind of shock the Bent signing did in January. They didn't want to name names in case it ruined the deal!

With regards to facts, this is my understanding of the situation. Feel free to correct me:

- The board contacted a lot of people when the search began. Martinez and McLaren are two confirmed. We can assume there are many more whom we don't know about or some we suspect, but haven't heard any confirmation about (eg. Ancelotti, Moyes)

- Villa made contact with Wigan about Martinez 9 days ago but as he and their chairman were on holiday, they have only been able to get back to the Board in the past two days. We will likely find out by early afternoon tomorrow if he will be the guy or not as that's when Dave Whelan wants to know by.

- McLaren had an interview scheduled earlier this week but Lerner, after he arrived in the UK, cancelled it reportedly because of the fans negative feeling to his potential appointment and an interview would've been a waste of time.

Now the guy has been asked who he think will be the next Villa manager and he said 'Martinez'. All seems bollocks

Surely that's sending us off down the wrong path as they are not allowed to say anything about anything else...yet...if...when...who knows?

I won't sleep tonight!

what makes me laugh is that all this media bullshit is going about and in fact they know **** all, sky breaking news, sky sources blah blah blah these past 7 days could be total bollocks and this time tomorrow we will be watching a repeat of the press conference unveilling ancelotti as villas new manager :-)

one site says martinez said no, sky sports banging on all night about martinez been in talks, videos last night about benitez when none of them were actually pictures from recent

one of them it was **** snowing !!

they aint got a clue...

Yep, they ain't got a clue .....aren't you the person who said 100% Benitez nailed on?

not me buddy, i dont want him 100 feet near our club.

like i said earlier, all this media shite is probably bollocks and guess work. this time last week we were reading that it was certain that ancelotti will be villa manager by next friday i.e tomorrow.. im waitin until tomorrow :-)

funny ....

Well I have heard it's a done deal. It's a **** joke I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR LERNER

he has not got a clue!!!

Rafa is shit. He finished 7th with **** Liverpool and got sacked. That says it all !!!

I can hear the holte end now

YOUR JUST A FAT SPANISH WAITER

yea very funny where did i say its 100% nailed on??

i said i HEARD its a done deal.... i heard it on talkshite so it was obvioudly bollox

fair play to go hunting for my post though ,lol

PMSL! an even worse attempt at a recovery....We ALL know what you meant dude, LOL

Now the guy has been asked who he think will be the next Villa manager and he said 'Martinez'. All seems bollocks

Surely that's sending us off down the wrong path as they are not allowed to say anything about anything else...yet...if...when...who knows?

I won't sleep tonight!

Yeah. He said before that he can't say who it is then he comes out and says Martinez? How would Martinez be gobsmacking anyway? It would've been gobsmacking last night but not tonight as everyone's been speculating about it all day.

That coop_86 timeline does make for interesting reading...sounds like he's been told whoever the new manager is and it's not RM. Teale is gobsmacked about it...

OMG MON's coming back!!

I won't sleep tonight!

Yep, who knows. Makes for interesting news tomorrow.

Coop_86 Chris Cooper

Martinez rumours are that he will reject Villa - some are that he has already said yes - some are that he has not been offered yet .

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

what makes me laugh is that all this media bullshit is going about and in fact they know **** all, sky breaking news, sky sources blah blah blah these past 7 days could be total bollocks and this time tomorrow we will be watching a repeat of the press conference unveilling ancelotti as villas new manager :-)

one site says martinez said no, sky sports banging on all night about martinez been in talks, videos last night about benitez when none of them were actually pictures from recent

one of them it was **** snowing !!

they aint got a clue...

Ok ok. I forgot I posted that lol

just reaction to what i heard. I'm not a itk. I'm a it techie from brum that is about as itk as sky fecking sources

Yep, they ain't got a clue .....aren't you the person who said 100% Benitez nailed on?

not me buddy, i dont want him 100 feet near our club.

like i said earlier, all this media shite is probably bollocks and guess work. this time last week we were reading that it was certain that ancelotti will be villa manager by next friday i.e tomorrow.. im waitin until tomorrow :-)

funny ....

Well I have heard it's a done deal. It's a **** joke I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR LERNER

he has not got a clue!!!

Rafa is shit. He finished 7th with **** Liverpool and got sacked. That says it all !!!

I can hear the holte end now

YOUR JUST A FAT SPANISH WAITER

yea very funny where did i say its 100% nailed on??

i said i HEARD its a done deal.... i heard it on talkshite so it was obvioudly bollox

fair play to go hunting for my post though ,lol

PMSL! an even worse attempt at a recovery....We ALL know what you meant dude, LOL

4:30 is the time I'm guessing for the announcement!

I'm not gonna check any news until that time!!! Who reckons they can go a whole day without once checking VT, Skysports, BBC transfer goss column??? Impossible???