• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I think if randy is in Madrid, then it can only be sanchez flores. Pellegrini has only been in the job a year. I'd welcome flores with open arms if randy could get him. Premiership experience is overated imo, if your a good manager you're a good manager.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I give you - Boselli, Di Santo, Moses and Jason Scotland

All garbage

James McCarthy has been a good bit of business at £1m. Wouldn't mind him following Martinez here.

Getting Tom Cleverley on loan wasn't bad either.

i know people want us to be more ruthless, but i really like hearing people like Whealan coming out and praising us for doing things the right way (this despite us trying to nick their manager)

i think its the right way to do things and although you might miss out on the odd deal, in the long run it will pay dividends as other clubs / managers will be happy to do buisness with us. Piss them off, try going behind clubs backs and talking to people without the clubs permission might get you the signing, but also means the club youve judas'd wont want to deal with you ever again or at the least will try to stiff you on the price next time you come knocking for one of their players.

In the murky scum bag ridden world of modern football, im immensley proud we have one of the few chairman who seems to carry out his dealings with the greatest amount of integrity and respect.

Yeah its nice that we do things the right way, its just a shame we are not speaking to the right person for the job!

With him, yes but not with the supporters who pay money to the club - its becoming a laughing stock.

Which supporters are you supposedly speaking on behalf of? You don't speak for me, and from the comments on this forum it seems you don't speak for the majority of others either...

The Browns fans as well who are disgruntled with Lerner.

You speak on behalf of the Browns fans?????

The Browns fans hate him with a passion. They wanted rid of him last season, oddly enough they are critical of his decision making when it comes to appointing head coaches.

And I give you - Boselli, Di Santo, Moses and Jason Scotland

All garbage

moses has potential but doesn't get played, i agree with the rest though, he also brought in both caldwells, gohouri and jordi gomez who are shocking

We have been knocked back, so he's about 4th choice and we have no choice.

To be knocked back, I'm assuming that someone has to be offered the post and turned it down. I don't remember hearing anything concrete about any manager being offered the job, just a load of speculation. The flow of stuff on Twitter is amazing, it makes you think the board are running around pleading with people to manage the club everytime the favourite in the betting changes. I don't believe the job is Martinez's to turn down and i have faith that the board will make a good choice.

We seem to be making a dogs breakfast of the managerial appointment again. Just like we did last year

Why, because its not the manager YOU want?

No, I would say it's because he is a poor candidate and if thats our intent then the club is going backwards

We seem to be making a dogs breakfast of the managerial appointment again. Just like we did last year

We dont know that, until the new manager is appointed. We have a few weeks to play with yet, but i suspect this board will be in meltdown by then.

What we do know is 9 days ago we sent a letter to Wigan regarding Martinez, im guessing that wasn't the only letter to be sent out. I just dont understand why people just dont wait until we know more facts rather that journalists guess work.

Ok I am confused? I swear the guy on H&V said he made it up?

Found out where it's been...This isn't a lie

macbhx Martin McGrath

@Cheesy_Combo @avfccentral it's due into Luton later on from Madrid ! #avfc

Macbhx is the person who started all of this, he tweeted that Randy's jet had left Birmingham airport

He did but it turned out to be true.

The whole club needs a lift after the rollercoaster of the last 12 months

Martinez is quite simply not the right fit

We have been knocked back, so he's about 4th choice and we have no choice.

How do you know Lerner hadn't turned'em down? Its like hiring Houllier, stupid.

Turn it in knob jockey.

The caliber of people being linked were all not suitable in Lerner's opinion.

It just seems like people are honestly expecting us to get a World Class manager. As much i know we are BIG club, it seems most other teams and the press disagree with that which counts against us. Hopefully whoever is appointed can change that.