• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

so avfc have basically offered him the job then if its all to be resolved by 1.30 tomorrow?

No, i think more likely Whelan has asked it to be resolved by 1.30 tomorrow, which is fair enough, he's their manager.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it literally means we've offered him the job. I took it as 'i'll be getting a decision from RM if he's going to stay at Wigan, or go and talk to Villa properly'. Could be wrong, but I think there's a long way to go on this.

Don't think it literally means we've offered him the job. I took it as 'i'll be getting a decision from RM if he's going to stay at Wigan, or go and talk to Villa properly'. Could be wrong, but I think there's a long way to go on this.

I thought it was just that he was due to be meeting with RM tomorrow lunch time so he'd find out what the score was then.

Has anyone actually thought of Martinez transfer record? He's not gonna find quality across Europe is he? He would find it hard just to attract decent players from the Premier League.

How exactly are we meant to progress under him? I understood it with Houllier due to his connections, but Martinez has nothing of the sort.

Has anyone actually thought of Martinez transfer record? He's not gonna find quality across Europe is he? He would find it hard just to attract decent players from the Premier League.

How exactly are we meant to progress under him? I understood it with Houllier due to his connections, but Martinez has nothing of the sort.

Are you going to support him if hired?

At least with Dave Whelan or even Doug Ellis, you know where you stand - Lerner needs to change the way he goes about things.

I disagree. Whelan himself today praised the way Villa have conducted things.

Just a handfull of decent managers currently out of work;

Marco Van Basten

Frank Rijkaard

Bernd Schuster

Louis Van Gaal

Quique Sánchez Flores

So?....the onl;y DEFINATE approach we know of is to a man in work - that was made 9 days ago - do you not think we have approached others?

At least with Dave Whelan or even Doug Ellis, you know where you stand - Lerner needs to change the way he goes about things.

What, he should say things more in public just so us fans know what's happening?

Why does that matter?

Every club that seems to deal with us says how professional we are and how respectful we are. What's wrong with that?