• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Randy is after a YES man. No wonder he wouldn't entertain Rafa.

Absolutley - Randy is after a Yes Man - thats why Hughes has been discounted so quickly - he wouldn't be Faulners Puppet like RM will be.

Yes Men? Puppets? Is that how it works at Aston Villa?

Some of these comments beggar belief. We criticise the tabloid press for spouting rubbish but they've got nothing on some of our own fans.

Sounds like Randy is after a YES man. No wonder he wouldn't entertain Rafa.

Is he after a yes man as you and others have stated or after someone who he can have a good and constructive working relationship.

I think the last thing the club needs is some bombastic individual trying to call the shots then mouthing off to the press everytime he doesn't get what he wants.

I have no issues with RM getting the job he comes across as an intelligent guy with a good knowledge of football. I appreciatte that he has had no major success as a player, but prior success as a player does not always mean the translates into success as a manager (see Arsene Wenger).

Also this guy is 38 and has built a resonable reputation already, no real difference to David Moyes reputation when he first went to Everton.

He saved Swansea from dropping out of the Football League and got them to 8th in the Championship...

How is that anything to do with the Premier League? Are we now praising talents on lower leagues? Is that how low we've fallen?

Whilst I have no doubt he is a very dignified man who goes about things the right way, he's never won anything as a player or a manager

Didn't he win the league with Swansea? I know it's a lower league, but you can only win the one you're in.

..and it's also completely irrelevent whether a manager won something as a player.

Managerial experience is all that matters.

I don't care if Mark Hughes won curly-hair-man-of-the-year as a player, he's a boring manager and I don't want him.

He saved Swansea from dropping out of the Football League and got them to 8th in the Championship...

How is that anything to do with the Premier League? Are we now praising talents on lower leagues? Is that how low we've fallen?

Didn't Alex Ferguson go from Aberdeen to Man Utd once upon a time? I assume if we'd have been in for him all those years ago you'd have been one of the people claiming he was beneath us

Who said it was to do with the Premier League? Why does it have to be about the Premier League? Or we only allowed to hire managers who have won things whilst managing in the Premier League?

Rafa or McLaren it is.. yayyyy.

So what is the news everyone?

Any further updates from page 130 last night? Is Martinez still the only target, or are we looking at any other candidates? I presume we are, but has anything been said?

Cheers

To summarise - we still don't want McClaren because he done shit with England but has done a good job at club level and won stuff.

Some fans don't want Martinez because he has won nothing.

So basically we are after John Barnes/Bill Shankly type of manager :P

Didn't Alex Ferguson go from Aberdeen to Man Utd once upon a time? I assume if we'd have been in for him all those years ago you'd have been one of the people claiming he was beneath us

If he had the same achievements as Ferguson did at at Aberdeen, I would more than welcome him. But the fact is, he doesn't. No where near.

Is that how low we've fallen?
I swear this little phrase is now just used by people to describe anything they don't like.

or dont understand

If he had the same achievements as Ferguson did at at Aberdeen, I would more than welcome him. But the fact is, he doesn't. No where near.

May as well say How is that anything to do with the Premier League? Are we now praising talents in Scotland? Is that how low we've fallen?

:)

Is that how low we've fallen?
I swear this little phrase is now just used by people to describe anything they don't like.

Would rather me say "we're on the up", "we're too big to go down", "we may still get Ancelotti!!!!11oneone".

:winkold:

He'd broken the Old Firm stranglehold to win league titles and cups, and beaten Real Madrid to win a European trophy. Those are proper credentials.

RM has managed Swansea and Wigan, escaping relegation with the latter by a bawhair.

May as well say How is that anything to do with the Premier League? Are we now praising talents in Scotland? Is that how low we've fallen?

:)

No, I'm praising his European achievements, which is abit better than the top division (as it were at the time).

Yes, but look at how long he was at Aberdeen and what he achieved there and it really isn't a fair comparison. Not saying Martinez won't be a smash hit or an utter failure, just that that particular comparison is limping a bit when you consider the credentials of both managers at the time of switching.

Martinez has won L1 and avoided relegation twice, and Ferguson had won the Scottish league thrice, a number of Cups as well as the Cup Winners Cup and the European Super Cup. He had quite a bit of Silverware to is name when he went to United.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Martinez to meet around midlands for interview process.

Faulkner isn't even there, he's in London because he was going to meet the Wally before we stopped the madness.

Lerner = Birmingham

Faulkner = London.

We're definatley fighting a battle on two fronts here guys.

:detect: