• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

this thread is beyond a joke. Slaggin off the board before they have even made a decision. And then many are going to judge the manager before pre season starts.

Have a day off

This This and This & Amen to that, brother!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is beyond a joke. Slaggin off the board before they have even made a decision. And then many are going to judge the manager before pre season starts.

Have a day off

i'm pointing out that they've hired one manager and it was a farce from start to finish. just look at all the houllier out threads and polls.

how can we sell young with no manager? should the new manager not be given a chance to speak to him? whos making these decisions? the same muppets who thought we could just replace milner with ireland.

It makes no difference!

A manager will come in and will work with the team available. If he sees gaps in the team, he has a transfer window to correct that. If Ashley Young IS in the team, or Stephen Warnock IS in the team. It makes no difference. The manager has what he has to work with.

If Ash isn't going to sign a new contract. Should the manager have a say in it? Most of the fans want him to leave if he's not going to sign a new contract. I'm sure Randy feels the same... and I'm also sure that most managers would prefer to have £15m to spend this summer, than have a wantaway-player in your team for a year, ready to leave for nothing.

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Skysports news used to be the football gossip gospel - the place you go to seek truth and confirmation. However, now it's just repetitive bleeting about what's on the back cover of the sun and unsubstantiated speculation.

For me they lost all credibility with the Kevin Prince Boateng rumour.

if martinez rejects us, i'll be very worried about our boards ambitions. This time last week it was #carlo2villa.

I actually think if he rejects us it wont be the fact that were not big enough its the fact he's on a good thing at Wigan currently has a chairman he works well with used to play for the club and is emotionally attached thats my ten cents on the matter fair play to the bloke tbh not much loyalty in football anymore i think thats why Coyle wont join us either if we go for him next.

So why talk in the first place and why have we been knocked back a few times already.

:o

Because both Roberto and Whelan are gentleman who have a good relationship with each other and perhaps they have an agreement between them where he will not deny him the chance if a big club comes calling.

Roberto would be stupid to knock us back immediately of course he's going to talk to us to begin with and mull it over.

Right so listen, mull it over and decide he doesn't like what he's hearing.

Seems to be a pattern.

SSN though, is it just me or since it's removal from freeview, it's turned into Talksport on the tellybox?

SSN is basically a tabloid on TV full of bullshit and conjecture. I made the mistake of putting Talksport on this morning. They have a really low opinion of Villa and its fans. I don't know how anyone can listen to a programme where that clearing in the woods Micky Quinn refers everything back to Liverpool.

I feel the board have to get it right this time. The Houllier appointment and the subsequent statements where they pretty much said fans don't know what they're talking about, were disrespectful and tarnished a previously excellent relationship.

They do need to listen to the fans in some part but need to balance emotion and sentiment with business sense.

how can we sell young with no manager? should the new manager not be given a chance to speak to him? whos making these decisions? the same muppets who thought we could just replace milner with ireland.

It makes no difference!

A manager will come in and will work with the team available. If he sees gaps in the team, he has a transfer window to correct that. If Ashley Young IS in the team, or Stephen Warnock IS in the team. It makes no difference. The manager has what he has to work with.

If Ash isn't going to sign a new contract. Should the manager have a say in it? Most of the fans want him to leave if he's not going to sign a new contract. I'm sure Randy feels the same... and I'm also sure that most managers would prefer to have £15m to spend this summer, than have a wantaway-player in your team for a year, ready to leave for nothing.

IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

he's still under contract. he had to have been given permission. by who? an american football fan?

Who knows??

But how do you know he wont be as good as these?

Or are you some sort of all-seeing oracle who has a mystic crystal ball?

If so, please, enlighten me?

Nope, I'm sure he will be the new Mourinho. I'm pretty, pretty sure.

i'm not allowed to question oh great god randy. ask browns fans.

What the hell have an American Football team got to do with an English Premier League Football team?

Are they in the same league or even in the same country?

How about this.

We let you pick the manager whoever you want, when they fail because you dont know how to run a football club or know how it effects things like payroll, coaches, jobs and players etc then who's fault will it be?

You'll be quick to have another go at Randy because by some comments on here its exactly like Football Manager and pretty easy.

Just get Carlo, why not just get Jose?

Its that easy.

Have a day off

i'm pointing out that they've hired one manager and it was a farce from start to finish. just look at all the houllier out threads and polls.

If wed have stayed 9th all season (which is where we finished and thats all that matters rly) - would it be deemed a farce??

Have a day off

All that shows is that Villa fans love to moan and a lot of people thought he wasn't the right choice.

Not every manager will come in and have an instant impact. If he hadn't had heart problems and he'd stayed another few years, I'm confident he would have been a relative success.

Look at it this way: We lost out most influentual player in Milner, we replaced him with Ireland who rarely had ANY impact, we had lots of injuries because Houllier wanted to address the fitness-situation, we scored goals against Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal etc with teams consisting of youngsters!

We then beat Arsenal and Liverpool with Houllier's team, even though he wasn't there to spur them on, because of illness.

There were backroom spats and talks of players revolting.

I think, considering all of the above, a 9th place finish was good. I don't think Houllier's time here was a farce AT ALL. I think he messed up a bunch of times, made a few clangers in the press and tactically, but despite that. A 9th placed finish, with all the problems we had, is respectable.

In your opinion the boards one appointment was a farce. In my opinion, it really wasn't.

I feel the board have to get it right this time. The Houllier appointment and the subsequent statements where they pretty much said fans don't know what they're talking about, were disrespectful and tarnished a previously excellent relationship.

They do need to listen to the fans in some part but need to balance emotion and sentiment with business sense.

I think the Houllier appointment was the right one, I can understand where they were going with that and what they were trying to achieve.

You are right though, I think Lerner needs to be very careful this time round

if martinez rejects us, i'll be very worried about our boards ambitions. This time last week it was #carlo2villa.

But if he comes here, you will be happy with the boards ambition??

WTF??

The ramlings of a mad man.

if he rejects us on the basis of what the board has to say. i actuallt wouldnt mind RM.

Have a day off

If wed have stayed 9th all season (which is where we finished and thats all that matters rly) - would it be deemed a farce??

Im not a Houllier fan......but by god, the way this is going, i would have him back now :lol:

What the hell have an American Football team got to do with an English Premier League Football team?

They are both sports teams with the same owner.

Therefore it's legitimate for Villa fans to examine Randy's stewardship of the Browns for clues about how he runs things.

It's not a direct comparison, but it's relevant.

i'm not allowed to question oh great god randy. ask browns fans.

Are they in the same league or even in the same country?

How about this.

We let you pick the manager whoever you want, when they fail because you dont know how to run a football club or know how it effects things like payroll, coaches, jobs and players etc then who's fault will it be?

You'll be quick to have another go at Randy because by some comments on here its exactly like Football Manager and pretty easy.

Just get Carlo, why not just get Jose?

Its that easy.

how about this. we let football people make football decisions. look at his record of choosing browns managers. young and cheap. not saying it will be mirrored at villa but its becoming very similar.

Who knows??

But how do you know he wont be as good as these?

Or are you some sort of all-seeing oracle who has a mystic crystal ball?

If so, please, enlighten me?

Nope, I'm sure he will be the new Mourinho. I'm pretty, pretty sure.

So there we have it. Pretty much an admission that you are indeed chatting shite!!

Moyes wouldn't be a gamble where as the other choices would be imo, and long term RL knows that a budget would be adhered to with not many rash decisions or signings .