Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea, let me throw it out there for a minute..... Perhaps Villa leaked the news that they weren't considering Hughes as spin... Think about it, if that doesn't happen and Hughes joins Villa in the near future then Fulham may start pointing fingers at Villa claiming that an illegal approach for their manager was made, etc, etc.... Now, with the distancing by Villa today, it could be part of a loner term media/legal stratergy. Hughes might be the number 1 target in reality, but Villa want to give off the impression that there is no interest there, thus providing evidence in this case that they probably didn't "tap" him up.... What do you guys think?

Not beyond the realms of probability however I get the feeling the board will want the new manager in before July. If we really wanted Hughes then we could surely have just requested Fulham's permission to speak to him

Here's an idea, let me throw it out there for a minute..... Perhaps Villa leaked the news that they weren't considering Hughes as spin... Think about it, if that doesn't happen and Hughes joins Villa in the near future then Fulham may start pointing fingers at Villa claiming that an illegal approach for their manager was made, etc, etc.... Now, with the distancing by Villa today, it could be part of a loner term media/legal stratergy. Hughes might be the number 1 target in reality, but Villa want to give off the impression that there is no interest there, thus providing evidence in this case that they probably didn't "tap" him up.... What do you guys think?

Dont be stupid..

Villa are after far bigger fish than Mark Hughes.. Yes Lerner likes him, he respects him...But he dont want him to run the club.. Lerner wants Europe mate.. Deschamps, Benitez or I think Jol will be the main ones in the frame.

When I watched SSN earlier when the news about Mark Hughes not being considered broke, the reporter added "At this time" - so it's a possibility that may be revisited a bit further down the line.

Carlo Ancelotti 2/1 on paddy power, oh my god I'm gonna lose it

If this happens we will be set up in every way except the team - and he'll sort that

Without any doubt. Ancelotti is great manager. But do you really think he will arrive to Villa Park?

He costs, and do we have the money to get him and to buy outstanding players?

Do the club have ambitions to be in top four?

Why did we got Houllier? To create future team. But he is sacked after nine months. Is it possible that our goal is to create another future team?

We had MON, we needed money to buy some players. MON didn't get the money.

I think Ancelotti is too big for Villa. Sorry.

(of course I will be happy if he comes. It would be statement -Villa wants to be in Champ. League-)

I would normally agree with you, however...

The guy wants to stay in England and I don't see any other realistic possibility unless Redknapp was to leave Spurs this summer. People mention QPR will have money to spend but there has been no proof yet that the money is there and have already made a set wage budget for next season which isn't that big.

Hughes id definitely out of the question. No way would Sky Bet let his price from 1/20 on to evens if their source wasnt accurate.

As for Ancelotti being too big...

Sell Stephen Ireland, his 80k a week will pay Ancelotti's wages.

Plus Ancelooti said last week he wouldnt rule out listening to West Ham offers...he obviously like managing in England, and we are the biggest club available at the moment.

Well if he would consider Wet Spam then we have every chance because they are a nobody club run by ex scum who haven't got a clue what they are doing.

If this happens we will be set up in every way except the team - and he'll sort that

Without any doubt. Ancelotti is great manager. But do you really think he will arrive to Villa Park?

Why did we got Houllier? To create future team. But he is sacked after nine months. Is it possible that our goal is to create another future team?

(of course I will be happy if he comes. It would be statement -Villa wants to be in Champ. League-)

The guy wants to stay in England and I don't see any other realistic possibility unless Redknapp was to leave Spurs this summer. People mention QPR will have money to spend but there has been no proof yet that the money is there and have already made a set wage budget for next season which isn't that big.

Hughes id definitely out of the question. No way would Sky Bet let his price from 1/20 on to evens if their source wasnt accurate.

Plus Ancelooti said last week he wouldnt rule out listening to West Ham offers...he obviously like managing in England, and we are the biggest club available at the moment.

Well if he would consider Wet Spam then we have every chance because they are a nobody club run by ex scum who haven't got a clue what they are doing.

...in london.

Carlo

Why shouldn't Ancelotti come to Villa? We should have the ability as a club to aim for the top four. We could only be limited by a lack of ambition by the club not by a lack of desire by the fans. Houllier did not get the sack he left by mutual consent due to medical reasons and I wouldn't give MON money to buy sweets as he would just waste it all.

You are right and i am wrong, Houllier was not sacked.

The fans have definately ambitions. I see it like this. It is not acceptable to be below 6th. I will see the club in top four.

...in london.

So is AFC Wimbledon but I doubt he would go there.

I'm getting tired of hitting refresh now, Ancelotti probably has his feet up with a bowl of spaghetti, Lerner is watching the NFL munching a hot dawg and Paul Faulkner is nibbling on some carrots watching Britains Got Talent........or something

When I watched SSN earlier when the news about Mark Hughes not being considered broke, the reporter added "At this time" - so it's a possibility that may be revisited a bit further down the line.

So if the people who we want aren't interested we may be back in for him.

This all begs the question though..why did Hughes leave Fulham?

Would Carlo put the feel good factor back at Villa? Could we see crowds outside if he is appointed a la MON arrival? Who do you want? #avfc

I think it'd be a far bigger appointment then MON, if there weren't bigger crowds than when MON signed I'd be surprised.

...in london.

So is AFC Wimbledon but I doubt he would go there.

They aren't in London actually :)

I'm getting tired of hitting refresh now, Ancelotti probably has his feet up with a bowl of spaghetti, Lerner is watching the NFL munching a hot dawg and Paul Faulkner is nibbling on some carrots watching Britains Got Talent........or something

If he joins AVFC I'll take him out to the finest Italian restaurant and buy him as much spaghetti as he can eat.

I think only Mark Hughes knows the answer to that

Thats not my quote don....it is from astonvillalife on twitter. Seems to be friends with Tim Abraham and works for the same paper. The Express. Seems plausible. Check it out.

Heres some quotes

all signs point that way. Club need to win the fans over after a lacklustre season. If it fails, at least shows ambition

25 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

astonvillalife Aston Villa Life

noises from inside the club. Not literal - I'm not tweeting from an Aston side street. I got Houllier's ... http://tl.gd/arugb1

26 minutes ago astonvillalife Talks ongoing

I think only Mark Hughes knows the answer to that

Strange one thats all, he's implied he wants to move to a bigger club and just can't see anyone apart from maybe us as being a realistic destination for him

I am so worried that its going to be Steve McClaren, I can honestly see this biting us on the arse big time, I really really hope I'm wrong, please Randy don't be so stupid as to do this to us..