Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

£25m.......we never sell at a loss. Bellamy can come over to us as well, that way we get a player who can score goals.

Liverpool need CL this year, if they dont their business model is under pressure and that leads to trouble, even with a rich owner like we have, which they havent got btw.

£25m.......we never sell at a loss. Bellamy can come over to us as well, that way we get a player who can score goals.

Liverpool need CL this year, if they dont their business model is under pressure and that leads to trouble, even with a rich owner like we have, which they havent got btw.

John Henry is a billionaire as well.

John Henry is a billionaire as well.

I'm not sure he is even a dollar billionaire. I'm fairly certain he's worth less than Randy, though. If Liverpool don't make Champions League next year I think they will soon enough embark on similar restructuring to ourselves - Luis Suarez leaving for a big Italian or Spanish club for starters.

Bent out Carroll in (as a permanent signing) would be an interesting piece of business that I would consider.

I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty certain he'll go.

I won't blame him either, the team he joined is not the same as the team he now has to play in.

We couldn't lose Bent, it would be madness, but I am never surprised by anything that happens at Villa Park these days.

We'll ship out DB9, get in some clogger like Zamora. Spend the rest on someone average like Steven Davis, struggle to the end of the season and maybe even drop down.

McLeish will fail to see the gaping hole on our wide left side where N'Zogbia has drifted in field, and won't buy a proper winger to fill the gap.

We'll continue to rely on youth who are not good enough yet, who will continually make rookie errors that cost us goals and points (due to lack of experience).

Our defence will continue to concede silly goals as we fall apart whenever a ball floats into the area.

We won't be able to get goals back as DB9 will be gone and an injury to GA11 leaves us with nothing up top...oh hang on, we'll have Zamora, so we might score 2 or 3 by the end of the season if he's fit long enough.

Sigh.

I'd be livid if we did. I'd also like to know who exactly was responsible. Would it be a case of McLeish not wanting him or Randy just wanting to sell him off to cute the wage bill and make some money?

Given that Randy has been to 2 villa games this season - it would be a major surprise for me if a decent Bent bid was declined. £15-18m is a lot of cash to decline if you aren't bothered what happens on field.

When not if for me.

but please no more ex liverpool players in part ex...and if I were DB i would hold out for a better club that one that looks set to implode over the next 12 months

Say we sell DB for 10million plus Carroll on a permanent deal, we could line up like this

-----------------------Given

Warnock---------------------------Hutton

-------------Dunne------Cuellar/Clark

---------Petrov-----Herd

N'zogbia-------------------Albrighton

-------------Martin

------------Carroll

wouldn't be all bad.... but i doubt we could attract Marvin Martin for Sochaux???

the thing is Randy went all out to sign Bent, didnt he even put down a deposit on him so i dont think he would want him to leave

More like he wanted to protect his PL investment.

He'll see this as a good opportunity to sell Bent now. We look reasonably safe compared to last season so Randy won't hesistate of trying to get his money back from him.

And I have no idea why people think selling Bent would be the biggest doom and gloom. That was when Randy hired McLeish. Throw in the fact he sold Downing (our best player) as well when Spurs managed to keep Modric (their best player) despite Chelsea offering 40m. Selling Bent is just the norm now. It won't end. Any player, I mean any of our youngsters who shine will just become a goldmine in Randy's eyes and he'll keep on selling. He has no ambition at this club anymore. He can't even be arsed to **** go.

Say we sell DB for 10million plus Carroll on a permanent deal, we could line up like this

-----------------------Given

Warnock---------------------------Hutton

-------------Dunne------Cuellar/Clark

---------Petrov-----Herd

N'zogbia-------------------Albrighton

-------------Martin

------------Carroll

wouldn't be all bad.... but i doubt we could attract Marvin Martin for Sochaux???

I think id rather Lerner pocket the cash than have Carroll. Hes a £35m flop - were he at villa for a fraction of that - it would forever be in the press about what a waste of money he was. But because its the tear filled, scousers we don't here a whisper.

I would be pissed off at loosing Bent

I would be even more pissed off if he went to Liverpool

If we loose Bent , to liverpool and solve liverpools Andy Carrol problem - it would be the final insult

Why does it matter where Bent goes? It's the fact that he's going that would anger me.

Because liverpool ruined football.

People go on about Man City - that was liverpool in the 70's and 80's - but worse they would have a token scouser in the team - so the likes of Ian St john - can say 'Liverpool Develop there own'

Just imagine winning the league - then on the coach journey home - more coverage is given to liverpool qualifying for europe.

I can cope with being a feeder club - but I don't to feed that bucket of shit

I can cope with being a feeder club - but I don't to feed that bucket of shit

Agree with the bit about the tramps from the Wirrall, but I can't cope being a feeder club full stop

OK - I hate being a feeder club

but being a feeder club the Liverpool is the very worst kind of feeder club

I see the Barry saga as almost a turning point under the MON renaissance & I hold them tramps fully accountable
I hate Liverpool as much as the next guy, but they're hardly to blame for the end of the "MON renaissance" are they?

Â