Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

When I was told on Sunday at VP that Bent had had a bust up and gone home the same person said that he had been "tapped up" by QPR. At the time I didn't think the QPR story was feasible and didnt say anything but having heard the rumours from a mate this morning on SKY, Birmingham Mail etc etc about a link to QPR and that AM has said DB may not play tonight I think as the saying goes "there is no smoke without fire"

When I was told on Sunday at VP that Bent had had a bust up and gone home the same person said that he had been "tapped up" by QPR. At the time I didn't think the QPR story was feasible and didnt say anything but having heard the rumours from a mate this morning on SKY, Birmingham Mail etc etc about a link to QPR and that AM has said DB may not play tonight I think as the saying goes "there is no smoke without fire"

And the bit where he says he is staying and committed?

And the bit where he says he is staying and committed?

And how many times have players at various clubs claimed to be committed only to **** off shortly after. I remain sceptical and his departure wouldn't surprise me maybe not January but next summer.

Maybe so but they dont then go to a smaller club. A main driver for Bent at the moment is living in Cambridge. Why would he move further away?

I do agree though if we don't improve he may be off in the summer. But definately not next month!

Cambridge is closer to QPR than Villa

Maybe so but they dont then go to a smaller club. A main driver for Bent at the moment is living in Cambridge. Why would he move further away?

I do agree though if we don't improve he may be off in the summer. But definately not next month!

add traffic times through the centre of London and I think you will find it takes a fair bit longer to get to.

add traffic times through the centre of London and I think you will find it takes a fair bit longer to get to.

It's academic really. I doubt he would travel through the centre but in any case if he's off Would the travelling distance really be a factor. As far as SAFC fans were considered he was well committed to them. At the time he was said to have been unhappy with the service he was receiving and that he relished the prospect of playing with Young & Downing (and the 80k per week was a possible factor. At the time of his signing we were relegation candidates so I assume he had clauses in his contract in the event the worst happening. As I've said I remain sceptical and wouldnt be surprised if he is off at the end of the season.

When I travel up to VP tonight it will be interested to hear the rumours coming out of the club.

He would probably live somewhere like St Albans or Barnet if he played for QPR, that's where a lot of the Spurs players live. Could get to Cambridge in less than an hour from there.

A few players live around Cuffley, easy commute to QPR and Cambridge from there

Bye Darren

I actually think he would probably move in the summer if we havent improved.

However, I also cannot see many clubs outside the top 6 paying him £80kpw. I also cannot see many clubs in the top 6 wanting him.

Maybe a move abroad to Turkey? But then supposedly being close to family in Cambridge is massively important to him.

Â