Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

sell up and get the money so we can revamp the rest of the squad! always backed the board but its time to go! Complete Revamp for me im afraid!

On that basis do you think McLeish would be given the funds from the sale and if so do you trust him to spend it wisely?

I dont want Bent sold, whatever happens.

But you could argue that Bent out for around £17m with Defoe (looking for an out), Samba & Jarvis coming in would be beneficial for the overall quality of the starting 11. Obviously that won't happen because of the wage increase, but food for thought.

Mantis,

I agree, although I feel it's just as difficult to find a better manager that we could get/afford.

Currently Bent is pretty much a waste of £60k a week, so it'll come down to which is easier for the club replace Bent (or just sell him and push Gabby back up top) or find a better manager prepared to come in given the past 18 months at the club.

We don't need to go out and get an Ancelotti. I expect the large majority of football managers know what our strengths are and would play to them. Even McAllister did that.

Why should we have to sell our star player just because our clueless inept manager doesn't know how to use him?

As I said, It wont happen. But given the lack of quality elsewhere in the squad, it seems a little top heavy to have a £20m striker on the books whilst we have to play the likes of Hutton and co elsewhere in the side.

I hate to crash the love in here folks, but he's not actually THAT good.

He misses loads more than he scores and contributes **** all to the rest of the play. If he was THAT good, 'Arry would never have flogged him in the 1st place, and when he did sell him, it would have been to a Liverpool/Chelsea/Utd type team not Sunderland. #

He is the very epitome of a luxury player.

Yes Shilzz,

But we generate money/save money by selling Bent. It costs us money to get rid of the manager, well in the short term anyway.

It would be much more beneficial for us to get rid of McLeish than Bent. After all, attendances are falling in large part due to the performances (or lack of) under McLeish. If we sell Bent and give the money to McLeish he'll only further mold us into SHA Mk II. All that's going to do is lose us money and decrease our standing in the game.

Eames,

I kind of agree but if the ball broke to him or Gabby in the box I know who I'd have more faith in hitting the back of the net.

The issue for most, imo, is not how good he actually is but what he represents to the fans. He is the first 'big' money signing we've made in years and the only regular England international we have. He is pretty much the last symbol of hope and optimism left at the club and if he was sold it would be a real kick in the nuts for most, regardless of whether the sale actually made sense or not.

I know what you mean Stan.... but given the choice of selling Bent or Gabby, its tata Darren for me. He is the best finisher we have at the club, but if we were to sell him, I'd like to see Weimann given a go.

If he goes, he goes.... he kept us up last year, but won't have to do that this year. I really believe we will be as safe as houses, mid table. somewhere 10-15th, with or without DB9 in the team.

Even on current form it would be Bent.

On this season's form, I'd back Gabby over Bent for any goalscoring opportunity.

Gabby has barely missed a trick this year, and most of his goals he's had to go and get himself. Bent's goals have all been laid on a plate for him. I can't remember a single time where he's actually had to 'beat' the keeper.

There's clearly room for both and I don't see Gabby's best position as an out and out striker, he's best in that Walcott kind of role.

I dont want Bent to go either I just think it will happen, and the club will not want to turn down any money we can get for him whilst reducing the wage bill by another significant chunk.

Â