Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I heard he was poor but was he the only one? Seems this loss is being blamed soley on Bent. As a goal scorer I'd imagine its hard to find form and confidence, barely playing football.

Edited by DCJonah

65 grand a week he gets paid. Obscene.

I wish it was only that, its more.

I read somewhere that it could be as much as £80k a week and includes a couple of grand in appearance fees each match he plays.

However on google it states his contract was £3.36m a year in 2012 which works out about £64k a week. Dunno if that's before tax or after.

Either way, it's an insult.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

65 grand a week he gets paid. Obscene.

I wish it was only that, its more.

I read somewhere that it could be as much as £80k a week and includes a couple of grand in appearance fees each match he plays.

Its there or there abouts.

Anyone still think he is any good? Anyone?

It'll all be "Bent has to play!!!!1" again after Sunday.

Sooner or later, even the most vocal critics of Lambert will have to accept Bent is a spent force and that he did the right thing shipping him out last summer. Bringing him back into the 1st team isn't the answer to anything the sooner his contract is up and he gets out of our club the better.

He's been a spent force since autumn 2011. I seem to recall he got quite a bad injury and was out for a few months, and has not been the same player since. He's lost at least a yard in pace and his mobility seems more limited these days. As a striker, once they are gone you've had it basically.

I heard he was poor but was he the only one? Seems this loss is being blamed soley on Bent. As a goal scorer I'd imagine its hard to find form and confidence, barely playing football.

No he isn't being blamed soley.

I'm just tired of his absence from the team being used as a stick to beat Lambert as if he is still the player of 4 years ago, he simply isn't and hasn't been for quite some time now.

The reason he has barely played football is because he just isn't very good at it any more.

He's been a spent force since autumn 2011. I seem to recall he got quite a bad injury and was out for a few months, and has not been the same player since. He's lost at least a yard in pace and his mobility seems more limited these days. As a striker, once they are gone you've had it basically.

Indeed. His decline also coincides with the end of his England career and him reaching 100 Premier League goals.

Personally I think he lost what motivation and desire he had then and has been sitting back and taking the money ever since.

No he isn't being blamed soley.

I'm just tired of his absence from the team being used as a stick to beat Lambert as if he is still the player of 4 years ago, he simply isn't and hasn't been for quite some time now.

The reason he has barely played football is because he just isn't very good at it any more.

Well he was good until Lambert joined, now i'm not soley putting it all on lambert but he hasn't utilised him well. Thats also down to bent and lerner. But what positives last year came from getting rid of him?

We got 38 points and scored 39 goals last season.

• Like 1

Watching him tonight he looks overweight, off the pace and low on confidence. he may improve with a run of games then again maybe not, I can forgive him the confidence and pace but for a premier league player to be out of shape is unforgivable..

Surely that top manager of ours will get him into shape. 

But what positives last year came from getting rid of him?

Saving about £4m in wages for a player that couldn't get in Fulham's side ahead of two 17 year olds.

And what did we do with that money? How did it benefit us?

Saving about £4m in wages for a player that couldn't get in Fulham's side ahead of two 17 year olds.

Yeah because Felix Magath is doing so well at Fulham!

He wasn't the only one who didn't pick him though was he, even Jol who signed him didn't pick him.

Watching him tonight he looks overweight, off the pace and low on confidence. he may improve with a run of games then again maybe not, I can forgive him the confidence and pace but for a premier league player to be out of shape is unforgivable..

If only, perhaps he just needs a few games to get up to speed, I just can not decide with him if he has lost it or is just low on confidence.

And what did we do with that money? How did it benefit us?

It will have gone towards players who actually contributed to keeping us in the PL, something Bent was unable to do for Fulham.

If only, perhaps he just needs a few games to get up to speed, I just can not decide with him if he has lost it or is just low on confidence.

He's got worse and I imagine his confidence is shot. We took our records signing, a top premier league goal scorer and through club decisions sped up the decline of his career.

Yeah because Felix Magath is doing so well at Fulham!

He wasn't the only one who didn't pick him though was he, even Jol who signed him didn't pick him.

Jol who got sacked.

Â