Trains: Birmingham New St to Aston on Sunday

Cracker1234

Confirmation - no trains to/from Aston OR Witton at all on Sunday

Please note that on Sunday 10 April we will again be operating a very limited service - although significantly better than in previous weeks - with trains only running on the following routes due to a shortage of drivers willing to work:

Northampton to London Euston

Blake Street to Redditch via Birmingham

Stourbridge Town to Stourbridge Junction

Worcester to Birmingham Snow Hill

Crewe to Liverpool

Buses will be Sunday service, you can catch the 67, 65, 115, 114 to take you down the lichfield road and get off at Aston train station, you can catch the number 33, 51, 52, 46, 107 and get off at Perry Bar One Stop shopping centre...The number 7 and get off at Witton all from the city centre.

Most of them run about every 20 mins.

As this is for maintenance work, I guess they scheduled it before Sky moved it to Sunday. Annoying.

They said its due to a shortage of drivers willing to work! How come its changed to 'maintenance work'.

Does anyone know which bus I would get from New Street Station to VP then? Also, think I would make it back to New Street for 7:10pm on a bus after the match? Need to make my train back up to Liverpool. Think it leaves around 7:20pm. There is one an hour later but I'm working the next day and would prefer to get the earlier one...

Also, does anyone know why Trainline are still showing some trains going to Aston? Like the 13:06 one here.

It's just on Sunday as far as I'm aware Demitri, Saturday should be fine I would think.

cheers mate thats a relief

Also, does anyone know why Trainline are still showing some trains going to Aston? Like the 13:06 one here.

no idea mate, id suggest ringing them up directly and finding out

The trains are showing up fine on Trainline. Are things ok now?

Nope, it will be a reduced services. Do not trust trainline. It's down to a Union dispute with drivers, basically they are not contracted to work Sunday's, London Midland tried to cut their double time, the drivers told them to **** off.

I got the train on the Sunday the other week and they were just every hour. Your best bet would be to phone centro, you can get through directly on 01212002700.

That doesn't sound too good to be honest. :( May give that number a ring tomorrow.

If that falls through, what (and where) are the best buses to get to VP from New Street Station?

Â