Trains: Birmingham New St to Aston on Sunday

Cracker1234

That doesn't sound too good to be honest. :( May give that number a ring tomorrow.

If that falls through, what (and where) are the best buses to get to VP from New Street Station?

The best bus to get would be the number 7 from Bull Street, that drops you at Witton about 2 mins from the ground.

65 and 67 both stop on the Lichfield road at Aston train station

Services 65 and 67

Buses from City Centre: from Priory Queensway stop PB buses will run via Priory Queensway, Moor Street Queensway, and James Watt Queensway to rejoin the normal route.

Map of where Priory Queensway is located Right next to the SQ Peg pub if you know where that is.

65 bus is every 20 mins on a Sunday and the 67 is about every 15 mins

That doesn't sound too good to be honest. :( May give that number a ring tomorrow.

If that falls through, what (and where) are the best buses to get to VP from New Street Station?

The best bus to get would be the number 7 from Bull Street, that drops you at Witton about 2 mins from the ground.

65 and 67 both stop on the Lichfield road at Aston train station

Services 65 and 67

Buses from City Centre: from Priory Queensway stop PB buses will run via Priory Queensway, Moor Street Queensway, and James Watt Queensway to rejoin the normal route.

Map of where Priory Queensway is located Right next to the SQ Peg pub if you know where that is.

65 bus is every 20 mins on a Sunday and the 67 is about every 15 mins

Thanks very much for that. I'm debating if it is worth all the hassle at the moment, although those stops aren't too far from New Street so I suppose it wouldn't exactly be that much difference...

I'm tempted not to go now.... well annoying. I dont know B'ham city center very well at all and have no idea where anything is.

Same here. It's usually straight onto the train to Aston for me from New Street.

If you get stuck just ask a few Villa fans if they want to bung a few £ each towards a taxi, 5 lads £2 each and the taxi is more than paid for, bus is about £1:70 anyway so you'll only be paying 30p extra for the taxi each.

You can get a black cab right outside the train station.

Apologies if someone has already asked this, but where do I get the bus from to get back to New Street after the game? I need to get back by 7pm. Do you reckon this is possible?

Thanks

Just get the number 7 at Witton island by the Aston Hotel pub, it's just around the corner, but make sure you get it in the right direction or you can walk towards the Vine pub and catch 65, 67, 114, 115 all to the city centre.

You will easy make back to New Street by 7pm even if you walk from the ground to New Street it's only about a 40 min walk.

the transport for sundays game was abysmal. they knew no trains were running and you would think they would ahve extra buses on to accomidate people but no, waited over an hour for a bus, and still ntohing luckily managed to flag down a cab

awful, awful awful

Â