Bring a scarf/flag day for Newcastle

Ulver

See, I knew not all our supporters were negative hate mongers.

Some smart **** has decided to do something POSITIVE to back the team we're all supposed to love. See over at H&V for more details.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_199433363412189&ap=1

If that doesn't work just type in bring flag/scarf to newcastle game

Now someone tell me how that stupid protest idea was ever going to spread a positive vibe to the players and everyone like this will ?

Yowzer!

Does this mean that the whole "fire proofing" of flags/banners malarky will be put aside for this game?

We've got the group banner and 8 decent sized flags we could bring down.

I think a "Who needs a banner when we've got Barry Bannan" banner would be amusing.

Does this mean that the whole "fire proofing" of flags/banners malarky will be put aside for this game?

I think a "Who needs a banner when we've got Barry Bannan" banner would be amusing.

Except we haven't, our moron of a manager has sent him to play in the Championship...

I think we should apply this to the Everton game too, I'll be taking mine to the 8 games remaining. I've never had to have a flag fire-proofed at any ground except for Sheffield United.

Except we haven't, our moron of a manager has sent him to play in the Championship...

I think we should apply this to the Everton game too, I'll be taking mine to the 8 games remaining. I've never had to have a flag fire-proofed at any ground except for Sheffield United.

The last part of your post is interesting Wedge, i guess it depends who you speak to at VP.

The last part of your post is interesting Wedge, i guess it depends who you speak to at VP.

I take mine to every home and away game in a rucksack, whether I put it up at home games depends on how windy/wet it is and away games whether there is a suitable place to put it. But 99% of the time it has been let in to the ground, I was arguing with the stewards at Bramall Lane in January about the stupid fire-proof rule (which, if i wanted to take it in future to Bramall Lane would need me to cut a piece of the flag off send it away to be fire tested then take the certificate with me) they said the only places where this applied were the two Sheffield clubs and Norwich, so can't imagine it happening at VP.

You know it's bad when supporters have to be encouraged to bring a scarf, as opposed to just bringing it because they want to...

You know when things are bad when a supporter of AV hangs a flag from the Holte End saying Houllier out before kick off...Keep the negative shit until the match is over atleast huh?

I just think supporters shouldn't need to be asked to support their team, which is basically what is happening. Makes us look small time in my opinion. I can see why it is being done, yet it just seems a bit pathetic. Each to their own and all.

Aston Villa have dropped more points (23) from winning positions than any other team. They would be third in the league table with those additional points. the bbc know how to rub salt into the wounds! i think the scarf thing is a good idea although it might be a tad warm around the neck. we just need to do everything we can to win and if it helps then brilliant. i mean we would be third if we could keep our leads!

I just think supporters shouldn't need to be asked to support their team, which is basically what is happening. Makes us look small time in my opinion. I can see why it is being done, yet it just seems a bit pathetic. Each to their own and all.

You're right, they should just be supporting all the time and cheering on the time, unfortunately some only feel the need to do this when winning and not when times are tough.

Â