Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

no decision immenent but houllier NOT down to travel to hong kong in JULY. 'you dont know what you're doing'

Is this from the same person who said GH had already agreed to move upstairs and DM would come work under him?

you'll see i'm right. 100%. talk to me then. no hou in hong kong.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I am just genuinely curious if you got the info from the same person who said Moyes would be coming and GH moving in a DOF role. Cos i personally dont believe that will happen. But you may be right! :)

fair enough. the moyes thing is yet to be proven wrong BUT they want hughes. houllier will definately not be going to asia, i promise you this.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no decision immenent but houllier NOT down to travel to hong kong in JULY. 'you dont know what you're doing'

Is this from the same person who said GH had already agreed to move upstairs and DM would come work under him?

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I am just genuinely curious if you got the info from the same person who said Moyes would be coming and GH moving in a DOF role. Cos i personally dont believe that will happen. But you may be right! :)

fair enough. the moyes thing is yet to be proven wrong BUT they want hughes. houllier will definately not be going to asia, i promise you this.

Well obviously, if he's not manager, why would he? :lol:

Well obviously, if he's not manager, why would he? :lol:

well as it stands, houllier is avfc manager but will not be heading out east.

As much as im curious as to how a gh season would pan out now he could possibly have a pre season i cant help thinking if our manager cant even travel overseas for a pre season tour surely hes not fit for the rigours of a premier league season?

GH not going to Asia make sense regarding his medical situation but doesn't mean he won't be manager. Gmac is more than capable of managing / leading the tour without GH who can stay at Vila and do some transfers etc.

I am not sure Ancelotti suits us that well.

Our squad needs a lot of additions and a remoulding of the squad. I cannot remember too many great signings he has made. Torres and Luiz were bought by the owner. And alot of the signings in Italy are made by technical directors.

Good coach, just not sure he is right for the job we have.

Perhaps then it makes a lot of sense to appoint Ancelotti, with Houllier upstairs identifying players ?

...Houllier's record at signing players is tattered to say the least. (... I'll grab my popcorn for the reaction to that)

And even then if it weren't I'm not sure a) him going upstairs would be such a brilliant idea and B) Ancelotti would be a great signing (or would even accept such an arrangement)

Our squad needs a lot of additions and a remoulding of the squad. I cannot remember too many great signings he has made. Torres and Luiz were bought by the owner. And alot of the signings in Italy are made by technical directors.

Perhaps then it makes a lot of sense to appoint Ancelotti, with Houllier upstairs identifying players ?

Thing is, if you appoint Ancelotti, how long will he be here for?

Sooner or later, a champions league club from Italy will come calling, and he would be off.

Managers like him, are i think, out of our reach for the moment.

Ancelotti is nothing special. Won a few trophies with AC Milan and Chelsea but my nan could manage those teams and win silverware.

The only thing worth writing home about in his career was winning the euro cup with Parma

Indeed. He's a manager who can make top teams do well when everything is ticking along. When it starts to go wobbly he's found wanting - his Milan side as it aged and problems creeped in became pretty lacking in league form (by their standards) and effectively became a cup team. By the end Milan fans had had enough of him as he seemed unable or unwilling to make the changes necessary to the side to get it to compete again.

At a club like us I think Ancelotti would be found wanting.

Especially as our cheif scout position is currently vacant. ! - would be called Cheif Scout though - Football Development Manager - or something more beefed up. - I am grasping that he may stay on in a nominal & advisory role - and we get a new bloke - Hughes or Ancellotti would do for me.