Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are most not in favour of FSW?

Because quite a few of us realise that without Pako Ayestarán he has been an absolutely dreadful manager. Ayesrarán was credited with being the tactical genius and the coach the players looked up to, he was an integral part of Benitez' success. They fell out at Liverpool and Ayestarán left. Apparently towards the end, Benitez tried to get him back but was rebuffed. But the over riding thing is that Benitez without Ayestarán is not a patch on the Benitez with him. Every single bit of success Benitez has had, has been with Ayestarán at his side. Since he left, he's been appalling quite frankly.

Because quite a few of us realise that without Pako Ayestarán he has been an absolutely dreadful manager. Ayesrarán was credited with being the tactical genius and the coach the players looked up to, he was an integral part of Benitez' success. They fell out at Liverpool and Ayestarán left. Apparently towards the end, Benitez tried to get him back but was rebuffed. But the over riding thing is that Benitez without Ayestarán is not a patch on the Benitez with him. Every single bit of success Benitez has had, has been with Ayestarán at his side. Since he left, he's been appalling quite frankly.

Well that is that point nailed by Bicks.

I don't think Ancelotti would be a good move. Assuming he'd even take the job.

Ignoring his actual managerial capabilities for a second, I've always loved the guy. I love the way he talks, the way he handles himself - he just seems like an absolute geez. For that reason alone I want him as manager - it would be nice to have a manager that I genuinely liked (unlike that horrible petty MON and that out-of-touch GH)

Managerial capability-wise: he's a 2 time winner of the Champo League, he's won Serie A, the Prem, and many many domestic cups. Clearly we have to take into account the fact that all of these were achieved with massive clubs with large bank accounts - but I'd suggest that his experience and general winning mentality would be brilliant for AVFC.

I just think he's a man who is used to the top end of the table everywhere (and I also think he's considerably more suited to Italy even now which would count against him being in our dugout further). In my eyes he's the kind of manager who can steer a very good side well, but suffers a lot when things get a little tougher.

His time at Milan is punctuated by Milan underachieving (their fans growing increasingly uninspired by him over that period) as other teams got into their stride. He won 1 Serie A with the other traditional big guns misifiring and Milan's team coming together well. He predominately won cups, achievements that hold a little less sway with me when you consider their are much more based in luck than other achievements and he did them with first rate sides. That doesn't say much for us.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager, far from it (though admittedly I've never rated him like some), but I do think he's the kind of manager who is suited to the top end, rather than scrapping below title hopes. I don't think he's got it in him to get his hands dirty and drag every ounce of ability from less skillful/fit/performing players, which is what we need.

Skybet now have FSW at 1/6...very short odds. Very scary :shock:

Ive also noticed that things are very quiet regarding his future, other than his desire to stay in England.

I think its a strong a possibility he has already agreed to take over the reigns of another club, but is it us?

1. Barrygate.

2. Negative tactics.

3. Being fat.

4. Having a wild beard.

5. Poor signings for top dollar such as Babel, Aquilani and Keane.

Skybet now have FSW at 1/6...very short odds. Very scary :shock:

Ive also noticed that things are very quiet regarding his future, other than his desire to stay in England.

I think its a strong a possibility he has already agreed to take over the reigns of another club, but is it us?

1. Barrygate.

2. Negative tactics.

3. Being fat.

4. Having a wild beard.

5. Poor signings for top dollar such as Babel, Aquilani and Keane.

Why do people always nail the 'bad' signings?

Torres, Xabi Alonso, Reina?

Are the board aware of this?

Are the board aware of this?

Alert the authorities!!! :P