Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Question with Lambert is whether he could handle managing mulit-millionaire footballers who sulk if not in the team as opposed to the more grounded level of player he has been managing so far. That is the only question about his suitability as his record is outstanding so far.

He won the Champions League as a player, so I'm sure he knows how top players behave.

A good point well made, which is often forgotten or perhaps not that well known.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we appointed Houllier Lambert would have been my choice to take over, let's hope Randy does the right thing, if it's Lambert or Moyes I won't be to unhappy, once Houllier is gone.

Question with Lambert is whether he could handle managing mulit-millionaire footballers who sulk if not in the team as opposed to the more grounded level of player he has been managing so far.

Seeing as he had to play alongside that **** Heiko Herrlich I'm fairly certain he should be fine with prima donnas.

Moyes is my first choice but I would be happy to give Lambert a try, so long as that idiot Houllier is gone. We only require a decent manager not another made up position for a doddering old fool, we have already got one of those?

Surely Moyes would see the potential in Aston Villa - As Redknapp saw in Spurs when he took over a failing team from Ramos !

Everton are the Perennial mid table team ... and will continue to be under the current owners who cannot compete with the bigger spenders. He's had to take Beckford from Leeds on a freebie whilst we took Bent for an initial £18m - this transfer alone demonstrates we can spend .. and spend big when needed ! Everton can't compete with our spending - let alone the top top teams.

And a further point .. I keep reading that people pointing to the Felliani purchase of Moyes ... well I'd prefer to look at the following purchases of his : Howard, Baines, Jagielka and Cahill ... Those players alone tell me enough to know that he knows what he's doing in the transfer market.

He also knows a thing or two about bringing youth team players through ... ala Seamus Coleman so our talented pool of youngsters would also be in good hands.

Yep ... David Moyes all day long for me ..... Come on Randy ... Make it happen !

Moyes should be our No. 1 target. Lambert has the potential to be very good but we need a proven Premiership manager who is passionate and hasn't been out of the game for years.

Allardyce - **** Off

Hughes - 2nd choice to Moyes, but by quite some distance

Lambert - Too inexperienced considering our squad needs gutting and completely rebuilding.

Jol - Been away from the Premier League for a while. Not really sure.

Moyes was my 1st choice when MON walked and is again. Hopefully Everton can then go after MON and everyone will be happy.

Surely Moyes would see the potential in Aston Villa - As Redknapp saw in Spurs when he took over a failing team from Ramos !

Everton are the Perennial mid table team ... and will continue to be under the current owners who cannot compete with the bigger spenders. He's had to take Beckford from Leeds on a freebie whilst we took Bent for an initial £18m - this transfer alone demonstrates we can spend .. and spend big when needed ! Everton can't compete with our spending - let alone the top top teams.

And a further point .. I keep reading that people pointing to the Felliani purchase of Moyes ... well I'd prefer to look at the following purchases of his : Howard, Baines, Jagielka and Cahill ... Those players alone tell me enough to know that he knows what he's doing in the transfer market.

He also knows a thing or two about bringing youth team players through ... ala Seamus Coleman so our talented pool of youngsters would also be in good hands.

Yep ... David Moyes all day long for me ..... Come on Randy ... Make it happen !

People pointing to the signing of Fellaini were just saying it shows he CAN sign people from abroad, Fellaini is another of these great signings he has made and is now being strongly linked with Real Madrid etc. I would kill for NRC to be as good as Fellaini.

People will argue that any money we spent on Bent we earned through selling Milner, Moyes too has been doing this at Everton and relatively often get sbig transfer fees for his players, Rooney and Lescott come to mind, with Baines, Fellaini and Rodwell all being linked with around £20m moves away. And Coleman and Jagielka also being valued fairly highly.

There isn't too much difference between the two clubs. yes, IF Randy decides to invest a lot this summer it could entice Moyes but we dont know if he will or not, we expect around £30-£40m from player sales - which is a fair bit - but not far off what Everton will be making this summer from doing the same [they will probably make more too]..

so for this reason theres not much for him to come here for, he'll get a fair bit of money but has to buy a lot of players so he'll have to spend his time trying to find bargains like he does at Everton. Or if he stays at Everton then he just has to replace what he sells and buy a striker.

But if Randy decides to invest £20m this summer then it could entice him if he comes with somewhere around £60m to spend

yes - just the same as us.

Apart from this season, I would say that Everton are pretty much a mirror of Aston Villa.

If we want more of the same go for Moyes.

If we want to look break the cycle of flirting with success but actually achieving nothing, then we need to look at getting someone better that Moyes.

I have played Gaelic football with Charisma
I've played British Bulldog with a certain amount of style and panache.

:lol: Very good!

I would like to see Paul Lambert here. We should be a club to take risks instead of being a pussycat and aiming for that embarassing cliché "a safe pair of hands" manager when half the time it's not even that.

The problem is will Paul ditch Norwich and will the board be motivated enough to actually take a risk for the greater good? The probability of the latter is 0.0000001% at best. They'll probably go to someone predictable like Hughes and that's if we're lucky.

Man Utd took a risk with Fergie. Look how well his done since. But if you want the club to remain a void that does every safe thing in the book then we have differences on what we want the club to achieve.

Man Utd took a risk with Fergie.

No they didn't! Untd at the time were in the doldrums and took a manager who had just won a European competition with a Scottish side; a Scottish side that were not part of the establishment. They were clearly taking the next big thing. It's just that no-one could guess quite how big he'd get.

I'm with you on the Lambert thing though. We need to get him before someone else does.