Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

ss_villa895 stevie southern

Moyes will be villa manager in summer, thats off an everton player and a well respected member of the squad, if available he wants it.

That was just posted on Twatter, most likely BS...Asking him how he's heard this, will post reply.

ss_villa895 stevie southern

Phil neville, joiner i know does a lot of work for him, there supposed to have father son relationship. Neville n moyes.

That was his reply when asked how he knew that.

'Joiner I know does a lot of work for Phil Neville'. If I could have made up an archetypal 'ITK' bullshitter connection, I don't think I could have done better.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's given hints of it by breaking that glass ceiling on a limited budget. It's a different premiership now, of course, which is why I think he could see us, with a bit more money behind us, as a better vessel for the Champions League. Who do you think we could bring in that doesn't have this glass celing? You can't be telling me that Mark Hughes has displayed such exceptional prowess.
It's complicated. Do I think Moyes would be a good appointment? Yes, probably. Would he excite me? No, because I pretty much know what's ahead of us while he's here. He has worked with a limited budget at Everton and has proved that he's very good at that. But it does not automatically follow that someone who can work on a shoestring will improve his results proportionately with an increased transfer budget.

Working with money and achieving the increased expectations, consistency and league positions that come with spending that money is not straight forward just because someone has previously over-achieved without it. Of course he could excel with a bigger budget and in his defence he has never been given that opportunity to do so. I'm just having reservations about whether I think he would be one of those managers who can make the next step up or whether; like MON; he can achieve X results irrespective of budget, but never more than that.

It seems like you feel about Moyes the way I do about Hughes, and vice-versa.

He has worked with a limited budget at Everton and has proved that he's very good at that. But it does not automatically follow that someone who can work on a shoestring will improve his results proportionately with an increased transfer budget.

You are certainly right about this in particular. I just feel that Moyes has something about him. It may well be that taking us into the Champions League is a step too far, but then it would be for most managers, given our current position and the competition we face. I just don't, personally, see any other realistic candidates who would give us a better chance.

What class player (for example) on the continent is gonna want to sign for Moyes at a mid-table club? He may be a respected name in Britain but overseas he would be just another British manager trying to reach the big time.

We need a big named manager that can attract and work with the type of players that can take us to the next level.

Moyes,Hughes,Coyle,Lambert they will be no different to MON and end up just signing the likes of the Wayne Bridges and Scott Parkers of this world.

Houllier is the man to take us forward, he has the connections and the name to attract the calibre of player required to get into the top 4.

What makes you think Houller is the man to get these players??. Your off your head if you think he'll get these players, and even more mad if you think he'll get us near the top 8 never mind the top **** 4. He's a useles manager that had his time with Liverpool years ago.

I think he is highly reguarded by many world class players both at home and on the continent. He has had massive influences on the type of calibre player's careers that end up playing at top clubs. Players like Toulalan, Malouda, Benzema, Gerrard are just a few that have graced the big stage that he had big influences on.. Words are that there are another batch of class players behind all these that Houllier is well aware of and has the pull to sign. Maybe M'Vila, M'Bengue etc? I dont know.

Only a couple a days ago we have McAllister getting all excited in the press saying that big things are going to happen and there's people/players we want to bring in.

Houllier has moved on since Liverpool and Lyon, does he not get the inside info at the French Football Federation about raising talents? Isnt/wasny he something to do with Clairfontane?

I would hate to throw away a huge opportunity for Villa to reach the big time.

Fair enough, if this is what you think. But there is know way GH with get the players like the ones you say above, all of them players are going to a club that can always offer champs league football, it won't happen here.

Moyes will not leave Everton for us. End of. If he does, 20 quid to VT.
Why would he leave for a club on the same par as the one he's with, he'll wait for a better offer than us.

Why would he leave for a club on the same par as the one he's with, he'll wait for a better offer than us.

Because

a) he might be leaving a broke club to go to one that isn't

B) sometimes a change is a good thing to stop your career going stale

c) a payrise

d) the terms offered by Randy might appeal to him

There are any number of reasons why swapping one prestigious club to go to an equally (or marginally more ;)) prestigious club would make sense or be appealing to a manager.

What class player (for example) on the continent is gonna want to sign for Moyes at a mid-table club? He may be a respected name in Britain but overseas he would be just another British manager trying to reach the big time.

We need a big named manager that can attract and work with the type of players that can take us to the next level.

Moyes,Hughes,Coyle,Lambert they will be no different to MON and end up just signing the likes of the Wayne Bridges and Scott Parkers of this world.

Houllier is the man to take us forward, he has the connections and the name to attract the calibre of player required to get into the top 4.

What makes you think Houller is the man to get these players??. Your off your head if you think he'll get these players, and even more mad if you think he'll get us near the top 8 never mind the top **** 4. He's a useles manager that had his time with Liverpool years ago.

I think he is highly reguarded by many world class players both at home and on the continent. He has had massive influences on the type of calibre player's careers that end up playing at top clubs. Players like Toulalan, Malouda, Benzema, Gerrard are just a few that have graced the big stage that he had big influences on.. Words are that there are another batch of class players behind all these that Houllier is well aware of and has the pull to sign. Maybe M'Vila, M'Bengue etc? I dont know.

Only a couple a days ago we have McAllister getting all excited in the press saying that big things are going to happen and there's people/players we want to bring in.

Houllier has moved on since Liverpool and Lyon, does he not get the inside info at the French Football Federation about raising talents? Isnt/wasny he something to do with Clairfontane?

Fair enough, if this is what you think. But there is know way GH with get the players like the ones you say above, all of them players are going to a club that can always offer champs league football, it won't happen here.

He got Makoun.

He got Makoun.

Who has been mainly poor, and I don't really see him being a great success.

Makoun will be fantastic IMHO. He has shown what he is capable of. The problem has been that while he is adjusting to the PL he has been making his mistakes and costing the side in the process. It's not his fault he was thrown in at the deep end. But with this season out of the way and a full pre-season to come, I think he'll be huge for us next season. It's only a year since he was being linked to Man Utd. Don't think for a second that we don't have a class act on our hands here, just because of who signed him.

Why would Moyes leave a team he's been at for a decade, stagnating in its own delapidated stadium and who rarely have a pot to piss in to come to a club with superb facilities and with a Billionaire owner who backs his manager?

Oh yeah...

I dont know if Moyes is the man we need. I know I'd prefer him to Hughes. But there are any number of reasons why he'd come here.

He certainly won't get a better offer.

It's nothing got to do with who signed him, IMHO he's to light weight for the prem, I think he'll be bullied all over the park. Plus if GH thought he we needed a center mid in Jan, do you not think he should have went for someone that didn't need to settle in. More poor management IMO.

I've heard a few mutterings myself ,from people who I don't believe are liars, that Moyes is pretty much nailed on . As always I'll remain skeptical until I see something a little more concrete, but it looks like at least £40 could be making it's way to VT this summer.

It's nothing got to do with who signed him, IMHO he's to light weight for the prem, I think he'll be bullied all over the park. Plus if GH thought he we needed a center mid in Jan, do you not think he should have went for someone that didn't need to settle in. More poor management IMO.
Let's face it, if GH had signed Messi you'd have found some reason to find fault with it.

Seems a bit weird that people who claim to be our ITK's are sure Moyes is nailed on to be our manager but there aren't any mutterings from Everton fans [that i know of]. Would have thought things like that would originate from their side.

Seems a bit weird that people who claim to be our ITK's are sure Moyes is nailed on to be our manager but there aren't any mutterings from Everton fans [that i know of]. Would have thought things like that would originate from their side.

Have I missed something ? who said he's a nail on?

'Joiner I know does a lot of work for Phil Neville'. If I could have made up an archetypal 'ITK' bullshitter connection, I don't think I could have done better.

Oh I'm sure you could've. Here's a few to get you started:

-John Salako's hairdresser

-Tomas Brolin's confectioner

-Marco Booger's travel agent

Gabby's brother just said this

cariz_utv Charisma Agbonlahor

Oooooh this summers transfer window might get interesting :)

Wonder if he's heard something about Aston Villa or he's talking about his own football career

Off Topic but I have played Gaelic football with Charisma , and was in his sister's class at Campion for 5 years.

Wonder if he's heard something about Aston Villa or he's talking about his own football career

Charisma? great name must be the opposite of Gabby

Charisma? great name must be the opposite of Gabby

Physically, he is !! Built like a brick shithouse!!!