Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Well if the board are giving Houllier every chance of a return - the chances of same board 'growing a pair' and poaching Moyes from Everton appear slim - I reckon we will go for an out of work guy - Rafa or Jol

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The names floating around are disappointing to see the least... Moyes will be decent but I don't see us going places with him, sorry just don't see it.. he'll get us higher on the table though I guess but don't expect results early on in the season and I can see plenty of people calling for his head if we lose alot of games in the beginning of the season imo though i'll support him if he comes like any other manager but I don't see us going places or starting a long term project etc.. Hughes is "meh" aswell.

I guess it was expected though even when MON left the names floating around were hardly great imo.. I'd want a manager that would start something long term, someone who can change the club for the better by decreasing the wage bill but also getting proper players in and get results at the same time, I want a manager who can play attractive good football and doesn't rely solely on set pieces to get through matches, I want a manager that has an eye for a talent and isn't afraid to invest in youth rather than players looking for their last pay packet.

Well if the board are giving Houllier every chance of a return - the chances of same board 'growing a pair' and poaching Moyes from Everton appear slim - I reckon we will go for an out of work guy - Rafa or Jol

The idea of Rafa coming in appalls me. We already have one manager who openly admits his love for Liverpool, the club where he ultimately failed... do we really need another?

The names floating around are disappointing to see the least... Moyes will be decent but I don't see us going places with him, sorry just don't see it.. he'll get us higher on the table though I guess but don't expect results early on in the season and I can see plenty of people calling for his head if we lose alot of games in the beginning of the season imo though i'll support him if he comes like any other manager but I don't see us going places or starting a long term project etc.. Hughes is "meh" aswell.

I guess it was expected though even when MON left the names floating around were hardly great imo.. I'd want a manager that would start something long term, someone who can change the club for the better by decreasing the wage bill but also getting proper players in and get results at the same time, I want a manager who can play attractive good football and doesn't rely solely on set pieces to get through matches, I want a manager that has an eye for a talent and isn't afraid to invest in youth rather than players looking for their last pay packet.

I actually think our best chance is a manager who grows into the role - like Ron Saunders did all those years ago.

I actually think our best chance is a manager who grows into the role - like Ron Saunders did all those years ago.

Yeah sure a manager who is trying to grow into the roll will be given time by our fickle fans?

Can't see anyone given time by some of our fanbase, they will be on his back if he loses the first 2 games.

Yeah sure a manager who is trying to grow into the roll will be given time by our fickle fans?

Can't see anyone given time by some of our fanbase, they will be on his back if he loses the first 2 games.

This is true.

At the end of the day it should be who is best for Aston Villa and not who is the best manager or who the fans want.

This is true.

At the end of the day it should be who is best for Aston Villa and not who is the best manager or who the fans want.

Agreed. However it is the people who decide who the best man for Villa is that concerns me. After the Houllier appointment will we go for another experienced head or an up and coming manager with BIG ideas.

Yes because they hounded MON out didn't they? Errr No... He always retained majority support amongst the Villa fans.

Its nothing to do with being fickle, its to do with being unfit for purpose.

I think any new manager coming in will be given time by the fans as long as he doesn't drop massive clangers like spunking on the Liverpool sign and also underselling our club despite 3 consecutive Top 6 finishes. Although to be fair you won't really be able to undersell a squad that finishes 13th or below.

Shame MON did not return the support shown by our great supporters this season.

Because we've all heard both sides of what went on haven't we. We don't know what went on, so I'd keep an open mind if I were you.

I think any new manager coming in will be given time by the fans as long as he doesn't drop massive clangers like spunking on the Liverpool sign and also underselling our club despite 3 consecutive Top 6 finishes. Although to be fair you won't really be able to undersell a squad that finishes 13th or below.

Which is a very good point.

Whoever succeeded Oneill was always facing an uphill challenge, trying to get his already overachieving squad to perform even better.

The next Villa manager will be afforded much more patience IMO, as long as we're not fighting relegation all year.

Don't know so much - I think he will be a given a chance. Many were appalled when John Gregory was plucked from wigan - but some decent results and VP was soon behinf him.

Because we've all heard both sides of what went on haven't we. We don't know what went on, so I'd keep an open mind if I were you.

Exactly, we do not know what went on between the Board and MON. But as I see it now, MON decided to leave five days before the season started for his own reason, and certainly not for the good of the club or the supporters.

MON let us down, simple as.

Exactly, we do not know what went on between the Board and MON. But as I see it now, MON decided to leave five days before the season started for his own reason, and certainly not for the good of the club or the supporters.

MON let us down, simple as.

Really warped perspective of what it is to be employed if you ask me. Because you don't know what went on you clearly can't make that judgement call. What if something went on that made his position untenable (hence the tribunal coming up soon!)

Anyway that has bugger all to do with this topic so its best left alone