Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

The results have been poor. Weekend headaches. But this has been MOS'n squad and he had his way of doing things. Houllier has been some sort of "culture shock". And it takes time to change things. And you can't deny, we have had some "problems" this season and it has not all been Houllier related. GH hasn't had many injury free weeks. And trouble players haven't helped the situation.

Today's performance was poor (I believe because I was watching bad quality streams) and it was a must win game, so I understand the frustration and I feel the same but I really think this is the time when the club, the manager and the players need the support from the fans, all fans.

I still have faith in Houllier. If I'm mad? We know the answer sometime in May.

I agree with you mate,your not mad..You obviously see the bigger picture like I do.

You need to change the quote mate as I never said those words I'd have been embarrassed to write most of them

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results have been poor. Weekend headaches. But this has been MOS'n squad and he had his way of doing things. Houllier has been some sort of "culture shock". And it takes time to change things. And you can't deny, we have had some "problems" this season and it has not all been Houllier related. GH hasn't had many injury free weeks. And trouble players haven't helped the situation.

Today's performance was poor (I believe because I was watching bad quality streams) and it was a must win game, so I understand the frustration and I feel the same but I really think this is the time when the club, the manager and the players need the support from the fans, all fans.

I agree with you mate,your not mad..You obviously see the bigger picture like I do.

You need to change the quote mate as I never said those words I'd have been embarrassed to write most of them

:lol:

HAHAHA! Richard, I know deep inside you love Houllier. LOL

I'm with you two...

Oh and some of the suggestions posted on here for a new manager are laughable.

It is actually your post on page 3 alienvillan and it has been extremely badly edited.

Well Richard, you should know me by now. Bad English, little knowledge and mad.

But I still think Houllier is the right man for the job. And you are wrong. :D

You aren't mad alienvillan. I don't want Houllier out because I think we'll be in a worse situation.

We have 2 weeks until another game, but some of the players will be off on international duty. So a new manager would have around a week to get the players on side, learn the way of playing and go straight into an important run of games.

IF Randy is planning to get rid of Houllier, he should wait until the summer. It's a risky game, getting rid of a manager with a few games left to go. I'm not going to panic and call for his head, just because we lost 1-0 to a decent Wolves team, through an inspired strike by Jarvis.

You aren't mad alienvillan. I don't want Houllier out because I think we'll be in a worse situation.

We have 2 weeks until another game, but some of the players will be off on international duty. So a new manager would have around a week to get the players on side, learn the way of playing and go straight into an important run of games.

IF Randy is planning to get rid of Houllier, he should wait until the summer. It's a risky game, getting rid of a manager with a few games left to go. I'm not going to panic and call for his head, just because we lost 1-0 to a decent Wolves team, through an inspired strike by Jarvis.

decent wolves team? wolves are in the bottom 3 and they beat us easy. They had two goals disallowed and kept the ball whislt we chased shadows. Hennesey didnt make one save, i can remember youngs chance

and makouns header and that was it. There

is no way we should be losing to teams like

wolves at home

I'd rather have baldeep singh who runs my local newsagenta as gaffer at the moment. I know he'd have

more nouse not to pitch a young midfielder at centre half against a very decent striker in doyle and i know he wouldnt play a striker who has a more than decent goals to game ratio on the wing where he couldnt go past me.

decent wolves team? wolves are in the bottom 3 and they beat us easy. They had two goals disallowed and kept the ball whislt we chased shadows. Hennesey didnt make one save, i can remember youngs chance

and makouns header and that was it. There

is no way we should be losing to teams like

wolves at home

Regarding Wolves; they've started playing better recently, they've beaten Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool (admittedly, at home) and Jarvis is a decent player that they'll do well to hang onto.

Regarding the rest of my post.. My simple point was that I don't think we should get rid of a manager with so few games left to go. Whether it's Villa and Houllier or another team and their manager, I just don't think it's a good idea.

If we'd have drawn to Wolves, people would have still been booing and calling for Houllier's head - but we drew 2-2 to them last year. Individual results cannot, all of a sudden, mean that Houllier has done a terrible job. The rest of the games this season have proved that.

I just think that people are reacting to being so close to relegation, but my reaction is different. I won't call for the managers head. I won't boo the team. I'll just support Villa. That's all I can do that is constructive.

Steve McLaren or no-one. Everyone else is at least as much of a risk as sticking with GH, or not available.

My first choice would still be to give GH until September. I think he will keep us up, however unimpressed we are that that is now the limit of our ambition.

Steve McLaren or no-one. Everyone else is at least as much of a risk as sticking with GH, or not available.

My first choice would still be to give GH until September. I think he will keep us up, however unimpressed we are that that is now the limit of our ambition.

Whoever we get, if GH is replaced, I hope we get someone who can try to bring us a quality player they've previously managed.

Didn't McLaren manage Hazard? .... too optimistic?

After something of a tidy up and by popular demand this has been re-opened - please remember that this is a thread to discuss your thoughts on candidates for our NEXT manager (and not a thread to discuss the merits of the current one)

Thank you

With his relative success and popularity amongst a lot of supporters O'Neill was always going to be quite a hard act to follow.

That pressure won't be on the next manager to the same degree given how shite Houllier has been in terms of results and due to his embarrassing and disrespectful behaviour how unpopular.

McClaren is a proper manager and coach. He's probably gained a lot from his European experiences but unlike Houllier is a modern manager. We could do a lot worse.

My real worry is Lerner. I know a lot of you hear love the guy but I'm not sure he really undertsands our game and, most importantly, our business!