Good Balti house in Brum

Lombardo

Lads, I'm over for the weekend this weekend... Need a good recommendation for a good curry/balti house that is both cheap and tasty and preferably wont leave me stuck to the jacks with a hot ring for the weekend... Stuck this in the general chat thread but it got swamped with other meaningless stuff! :D Appreciate the help....

Heard about Adil's Balti house but not too sure so if you locals could pass on your local knowledge, i would be most obliged....

Ta

It's centred around Ladypool Road, yeah. I really like the Balti Raj on Coventry Road too (near Swan Island) even if they only do takeaway grub, its bloody lovely. I just think if you are coming over as a visitor then it's quite a cool spectacle to see about 50 curry houses in one square mile. Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.baltitriangle.com/planning.html

It's centred around Ladypool Road, yeah. I really like the Balti Raj on Coventry Road too (near Swan Island) even if they only do takeaway grub, its bloody lovely. I just think if you are coming over as a visitor then it's quite a cool spectacle to see about 50 curry houses in one square mile. Definitely worth checking out.

Exactly what I was looking for Rev.... Cheers.

Exactly what I was looking for Rev.... Cheers.

Take your stab jacket.

I am from Sutton and we usually get good variation of curry's, moved to the south side of Birmingham and have found a nice place called Sylhet Spice Cuisine in Kings Heath that is reminiscent of the ones I used to enjoy.

No shortage really though, a decent one is usually a good one.

Oh also do not go to Lasan Eatery, absolutely disgusting in service and quality.

Oh also do not go to Lasan Eatery, absolutely disgusting in service and quality.

Agreed. Waited hours for our food last time. In fact the table next to us arrived 20 mins after us and had paid their bill before our mains arrived. The waiter made a song-and-dance out of the fact that he was going to knock something off the bill and when I checked, he'd taken £1 off! Not going there again.

I was gona start this thread in a couple of weeks :angry:

I just saved you the hastle of clicking on that new topic button so!!! :D

I would always swear by the advice that a decent one is usually a good one..... Very profound. :lol:

Yeah I feared that response was going to come. Staying in the Holiday Inn on Smallbrook Queensway. Am willing to jump in a taxi though if it means getting a decent curry! :D

If you are staying in that part of town I'd go to the Maharaja in Hurst St.

It's just round the corner from where you are staying and has been established for years. It's a traditional Tandoori style/old school Indian restaurant and you'll get better food from there than any Balti House.

Yeah I feared that response was going to come. Staying in the Holiday Inn on Smallbrook Queensway. Am willing to jump in a taxi though if it means getting a decent curry! :D

It's just round the corner from where you are staying and has been established for years. It's a traditional Tandoori style/old school Indian restaurant and you'll get better food from there than any Balti House.

Hurst Street you say?

Drop_the_Soap-Its_a_trap.jpg

Hurst Street you say?

Drop_the_Soap-Its_a_trap.jpg

:crylaugh:

Made it to the Balti Triangle anyway.... Had dinner in Al Fraisals in the end... Excellent food and so cheap. The surrounding area was pretty dodgy though. We were walking out to the main road to grab a taxi and some small car pulled up with a few shady looking lads and asked us if we wanted some pot.... The lads were off their heads driving away, swerving all over the road....

All in all a good experience though! :D

Â