Good Balti house in Brum

Lombardo

Heheeeeeeeeeeeee! I have never been so full in my life. The area was, to my surprise, not shady at all. We walked a few blocks from Al Faisals to Heavenly Desserts without incident. Can't believe I've lived here nearly a year and hadn't been yet!! What a hidden gem! If you are a dessert person, which usually I'm not, I HIGHLY recommend Heavenly Desserts. All they do is dessert and they are AMAZING!

• 9 months later...
Al Faisals was really good!! 68 pounds for 6 people, soooo cheap. After we walked to Heavenly Desserts- INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cab was 10 each way for a big cab for 6 people. Solid night. I'm still full!!

I have to take you to task, YIM; I have this second returned from a brief holiday in Brum, and (based on the above post) I decided to incorporate a visit to Al Faisals into the trip (yesterday, in fact). I subsequently spent all of last night vomiting and shitting the entirety of my Chicken Desi Masala (tasty as it was at the time) into the sink and bog of our room at the Central Moor Street Travelodge.

I'm fairly certain I still stank of curry, shit and sick when I met Ken McNaught this morning, so thank you very **** much for that.

Ooo. Your hotel was about 60 seconds walk from where I work. Interesting stuff!

We did take the train from the Jewellery Quarter back to Moor Street when we couldn't be arsed to walk all the way back to the centre around Tuesday afternoon. Is there a chance we rode the Rev-train?

They even taste good on the way out.

I can assure you, this did not. I was actually relieved when I got down to vomiting the Pepsi section of my guts, as it tasted comparatively of sweet nectar.

We did take the train from the Jewellery Quarter back to Moor Street when we couldn't be arsed to walk all the way back to the centre around Tuesday afternoon. Is there a chance we rode the Rev-train?

Nope. I drive the ones that go to glamorous and exciting places like London. And Aylesbury.

I was sitting in the staff room at Moor Street until about 10pm on Tuesday evening though, you could have bought me dinner!

Nope. I drive the ones that go to glamorous and exciting places like London. And Aylesbury.

I was sitting in the staff room at Moor Street until about 10pm on Tuesday evening though, you could have bought me dinner!

What would happen if you felt the wrath of that curry whilst driving a train? Emergency stop then a frantic dash through the carriage?

• 11 years later...
On 07/07/2011 at 12:33, YankeeinMadrid said:

Oh, don't know who mentioned Asha's on Newhall st., but it's excellent.

Went in there by pure chance. Best curry I've ever bought. Most expensive as well 😬

On 08/07/2011 at 10:17, leemond2008 said:

for take aways/deliveries in the erdington area I normally go to

kings balti

shazlik

india gate

curry gardens

the safron

curry leaf

aroma spice

eastern flavour

all good little places

kings balti

curry gardens

eastern flavour

well, 12 years later and my list has decreased by quite a bit, only 3 left out of 8, that's pretty depressing, Erdington used to have shitloads of good curry houses, now I mainly just use Kings and Curry Gardens and only go to The Eastern if I fancy a change

43 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

All those amazing curry houses in Selly Oak... Almost all gone 😭

What do students eat these days?

Thai 

13 hours ago, Tegis said:

Went in there by pure chance. Best curry I've ever bought. Most expensive as well 😬

Yeah it pains me but it really is very very good. 

The days of a decent Balti, cheap as chips with the menu under a plastic table protector are long gone unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Â