Good Balti house in Brum

Lombardo

Made it to the Balti Triangle anyway.... Had dinner in Al Fraisals in the end... Excellent food and so cheap. The surrounding area was pretty dodgy though. We were walking out to the main road to grab a taxi and some small car pulled up with a few shady looking lads and asked us if we wanted some pot.... The lads were off their heads driving away, swerving all over the road....

All in all a good experience though! :D

Pot dealers who deliver ? Sounds like a pretty sweet area to me ! :D

The surrounding area was pretty dodgy though.

Yeah. It's called Small Heath. ;)

I knew we were in that general area alright... The only thing I could smell coming out of the restaurant were bins and scum.... :winkold:

The strange thing about Small Heath is that there arent actually that many bluenoses live there. It's mostly populated by Pakistani and Bangladeshi immigrants, the older ones dont really give a **** about football (cricket is far more popular) and the younger ones all seem to be plastic Scousers.

• Like 1

I've been reading this thread and now want to plan a visit. Quick question: will I get beat up again? I haven't ventured to that area since the cup match...don't venture far past the bullring in that direction.

Its not a place to have a stroll around if you don't know the area. Same with most cities though where there's always a dodgy area. Plus i see no reason why you'd want to visit there unless for a curry so go there, get your curry and get out!

• 3 weeks later...

Theres loads of 'Desi' (Indian Run) Pubs in Wolves that do good food.

Glassy Junction, Golden Glassy are just a couple off the top of my head, im sure the locals will know a few more.

In Birmingham the Havana on Warwick Road is a good shout too

Theres loads of 'Desi' (Indian Run) Pubs in Wolves that do good food.

Glassy Junction, Golden Glassy are just a couple off the top of my head, im sure the locals will know a few more.

In Birmingham the Havana on Warwick Road is a good shout too

yeah i used to go uni in wolves and ther are a few gud ones. Just that the races dont finish til 9.15 and last train is about 11ish I think. Just dont want to be rushing. Specially if ive had a few

• 3 months later...
Made it to the Balti Triangle anyway.... Had dinner in Al Fraisals in the end... Excellent food and so cheap. The surrounding area was pretty dodgy though. We were walking out to the main road to grab a taxi and some small car pulled up with a few shady looking lads and asked us if we wanted some pot.... The lads were off their heads driving away, swerving all over the road....

I'm finally going to the Balti Triangle tonight with some friends. I think we'll just all get in a taxi, shouldn't be more than 10 pounds.

Al Fraisals is good then? How exactly does it work? You choose a restaurant and have a sit down kinda meal or you just walk up and buy something and walk around??? Never been before. If it's sit down, lots of places aren't licensed...so is there a liquor store there or should we just buy our booze before we head out? Thanks guys!!

Oh, don't know who mentioned Asha's on Newhall st., but it's excellent. Also try JoJoLapa which is Nepalese, excellent!!! Jojolapa is just further down Newhall St, on the right hand side in a cool white building.

Most places are sit down restaurants. I still just say follow your nose because the food there is universally good (in my experience at least)

And yes, a lot of places are not licensed so you can take your own booze in if you want a drink to wash your meal down with. There are a couple of places that sell grog on Ladypool Road.

I'm finally going to the Balti Triangle tonight with some friends. I think we'll just all get in a taxi, shouldn't be more than 10 pounds.

Al Fraisals is good then? How exactly does it work? You choose a restaurant and have a sit down kinda meal or you just walk up and buy something and walk around??? Never been before. If it's sit down, lots of places aren't licensed...so is there a liquor store there or should we just buy our booze before we head out? Thanks guys!!

Oh, don't know who mentioned Asha's on Newhall st., but it's excellent. Also try JoJoLapa which is Nepalese, excellent!!! Jojolapa is just further down Newhall St, on the right hand side in a cool white building.

Yep, I had an excellent meal with the girlfriend. Cheap as chips and very very tasty. Also, there is an offie beside the restaurant so grabbed a few cans in there before we went in... She had wine which they corked for her free of charge... I would recommend it to anybody going that way anyway!

Yep, I had an excellent meal with the girlfriend. Cheap as chips and very very tasty. Also, there is an offie beside the restaurant so grabbed a few cans in there before we went in... She had wine which they corked for her free of charge... I would recommend it to anybody going that way anyway!

Excited for my first Balti Triangle visit! I'll post a post game report after!!

Â