Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I'm past the point of caring about starting line ups now. We need points on the board, no more excuses. Time is running out and we can't afford to keep slipping up against teams that we should be beating! Houllier's tactics with playing people out of position is not going to change and I fully expect to see Gabby on the left and Young playing behind Bent, which I absolutely HATE! I don't care how we do it, I just want three points on Saturday.

-----------------------Bent-----------------------

----------------------Young----------------------

--Downing----Bradley---Bannan---Albrighton--

--Clark-------Dunne-----Collins-----Walker----

---------------------Freidel-----------------------

Bradley is more of a CDM anyway so pair him with Delph or Bannan

should be much tougher game than the Cup one. Blackburn did f*** all and let us play, can't see them doing that again. i think it might be a draw, whohc wouldn't be the end of the world. If we play well and draw I won't be unhappy, if we play shit and draw I will be.

Hope the fellas are sick to death of kicking each other's arses in practice for the last two weeks and are ripe and ready to rip into any team not wearing a Villa training uniform on Saturday. I just have so much faith in the team right now.

Hope Bradley gets more time on the pitch Saturday to really see if he has the goods for the Premiership.

I'm actually very excited to see how Villa finish out the year. I'm very optimistic. The team seems to be settling into knowing how Houllier wants them to play. Not all of the current personnel can play the way Houllier wants but there's no question that the understanding and the effort is there in games though the execution can still be shakey. It's all part of the learning and the shift in philosophy.

UTV!

-----------------------Bent-----------------------

----------------------Young----------------------

--Downing----Bradley---Bannan---Albrighton--

--Clark-------Dunne-----Collins-----Walker----

---------------------Freidel-----------------------

Bradley is more of a CDM anyway so pair him with Delph or Bannan

Don't you think that's a bit lightweight in the CM department against Blackburn's diamond? Only really leaves Bradley to battle for the ball and we haven't seen enough of him yet to know whether he is going to be capable at this level. I would much rather see a midfield three for this game to make sure we get hold of the ball more.

To pass Barry'sboots criteria for team selections in the middle of the park you have to place NRC in the CM and it must not include Petrov? Am i right barry'sboots? :)

That would be my preference for this game, although I haven't seen enough of Bradley to know whether he can do their job. I have said before that Stan could play in a three against the better sides where it is more about ball retention than winning a war. A three compensates for his lack of energy after the first 45. Having said this, I don't think Stan has been anywhere near his best this season and probably doesn't deserve to be starting anyway.

I think a Blackburn game probably still falls into the latter camp (i.e. a war), although I haven't really seen them since Kean has been in charge and understand they are starting to try and play football. I have also read that they are playing a diamond and so should be quite strong through the centre hence why I would like to say a more solid three that can challenge for the ball and get it outside quickly so Downing/Albie/Ash can get at their full backs, particularly the ageing Salgado.

My preference would be for a solid three of NRC, Bannan/Delph and Bradley.

Must win for me. Simple as that. Don't really give two monkeys **** how we do it but it would be nice to win by more than a single goal in the league for the first time under Houllier.

It won't happen but I'd go 4-4-2 with Bent and either Heskey/Gabby up top. Ash and Downing on the wings and Stan and NRC in the middle.

My heart and head says with the players we have 3-1. My head tells me under Houllier to not get my hopes up and expect a draw.

Collins being out is a proper bastard, particularly considering Blackburn's attacking style.

Dunne / Clark arent really known for their aerial prowess, so we really needed the ginger wonder.

*Remembers how Carroll (sp?) tore us apart earlier in the season*