• Downing
    • A Young
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 83)
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 86)

Ashley Young is an international winger. Someone should tell him that, despite what he thinks, he is not a number 10. Dare I say it I almost which we'd loaned in Keane for that role. However, we have Bannan, Delph & Gardner who all can play there and that's not even including the likes of Gabby, Delfouneso & Heskey who could all play as a 2nd striker in a 4-4-2. Persisting with Young behind a striker is one of our biggest problems.

Moving on to our midfield I like Petrov and think that his defensive play is good, when we're 3-0 up and want to keep the ball. However, because he is so slow and not very positive with the ball we will rarely get in that position. We have a very quick, exciting attacking lineup that is not utilised 1 bit. Really can't wait to see what Bradley brings to the team.

Downing motm for me, thought he was always threatening.

Great goal from Kyle.

Friedel at fault for both of theirs, some v poor keeping.

Bent's movement is beautiful-always looks likely to get something, and he wasn't offside for the disallowed goal.

Ashley needs to be on the wing or not playing.

Marc should have come on sooner.

Would have took a draw before kick off given Fulham's performance against Spurs last week but as we we leading twice it is a bit disappointing. MUST beat blackpool now.

Game should've been all over by half-time but we let them back in and paid the price by dropping 2 very much needed points.

Petrov was terrible again, as were Dunne and Collins. Please Gerrard bring Cueller back into our defence. Ash and Gabby need to swap places as both are wasted playing in their current positions. Macoun, Downing and Walker all ldid ok. the rest could and should've done better.

Very frustrating at Villa Park today. A few observations on the game:

Much as I rate Clark as a player he had a nightmare at LB. Fulham were specifically targeting him, particularly in the second half. That tosser Johnson rang rings round him. Can't fault Clark's effort but he is a liability against faster players.

Given all the angst about Petrov following the defeat against Man U I thought I would watch him closely today and my conclusion is that he offers so very little. Yes he gets the tackles in but he just never ever passes the ball forward. The attack is building up nicely and he passes back to Dunne. Much rather see NRC or Bradley replacing him.

Gabby at left winger? How many times does the player have to be humiliated in that role before GH changes it. Ditto for Ash playing in the 'hole'. If that is a sop to keep Young happy I'd rather he was unhappy.

Houllier was guilty of very poor team selection and failure to use his options on the bench. Far too little and far too late for me.

The Referee. Some very baffling decisions for me. Seemingly most of the cynical fouls that broke down some of our most promising attacks went unpunished. Yet a two foot lunge from Demsey ends up with Makoun booked?

I did not boo at the end, its not my style, but I left VP very disallusioned with the way the team is playing and developing. We should be burying sides like Fulham at VP not huffing and puffing and in the end, yet again, hanging on for a draw.

I don't agree with GH's comments on the OS I thought we were awful.

Dissapointing result today,2 crap goals we gave away,defence isnt playing well at all,get Cuellar in for Dunne or Collins. Gabby outon the wing is such a waste,thought we looked better when Young went out wide in the second half. Think Makoun is going to be a quality signing,played reall well i thought!

Lack leadership and lack fullbacks that dont fanny around and give it to the opposition.

Decision making is poor with a lot of our players.

Downing when is direct and runs at people is dangerous, only one doing it currently. Then will do completely opposite, and be absolute wank.

Bent for some reason is like me at jumping to win the ball from goal kicks etc, i.e shit!

We're trying to pass it and work space and not just hoof it, the CB's are slowly getting it.

Get Young out on the wing being direct and running at folk.

He doesn't do that anymore in the middle.

Two points dropped no doubt about it. And its nice to see us last on MOTD again.

The sooner Houllier switches Young back out wide, and puts gabby up top with Bent; the better! Try it against Blackpool. If it doesn't work, then change it but we need to revert back to 4-4-2 IMO.

We are getting there but Houllier needs to realise this isn't working.

I think he will. Let's face it - this season is effectively written off as mediocre. We're not going down and we're probably not landing a spot in the meaningless Europa League. So, for Houllier, it's about trying things before using the upcoming offseason to execute the necessary decisions based on the current trial period. Regardless of his ability, every manager needs at least one offseason before judgement.

Petrov was my MoTM today.

Good passing, made a lot of tackles to break up their play and worked hard.

People slagging him are internet weirdos with an axe to grind.

:lol: Can I have what you're smoking please. I need a laugh.

He won as many tackles as Dunne, Collins and Clark combined, got an assist and his passing was accurate.

Are you really that **** ignorant?

Are you serious an assist! Now I can istantly dismiss everything else you have said as Grade A bollocks, Petrov was running backwards performed a shovel off pass to Walker who then took it on past Sidwell and drilled it from 25 yards, something Petrov is not capable of doing.

You can't defend the indefensible. He needs some time out of the side, and then see how he does in a few sub appearances, if he can't do it anymore we should get rid. At the moment he is a passenger, we can't afford to carry them, that is what will see us in trouble again.

He is not the only one that was a passenger today, but it is the second game in succession that he has been. Like I said not good enough.

Ok - see how well we did without him this season compared to the games we've had him.

having just seen us on motd, brad messed up big time for both goals. dunne was also slow to react for the first and got beat too easily by dempsey for the second

I agree it was two bad errors by Friedal. Could not see them clearly as we were at the other end of the ground. But as ever we failed to clear and just invited pressure. My recollection was that the first goal stemmed from a hospital pass by Petrov to Clark who was dispossessed yet again.

Ashley young should stop thinking he's lionel messi more like lionel blair in the position the way he's performing as a second striker his goal scoring record is abysmal, drop him to the bench and try bannan in the hole with albrighton on right and downing left with makoun or nrc/bradley in the middle are our reserve left backs so bad they cant get a chance to see if they can do any better?

Â