• A Young
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 83)
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 86)

Houllier has to take the blame again.

Teams like Bolton, Stoke, Newcastle, Blackburn and Fulham are above us in the league - you can't convince me they have better squads/resources to work with.

Clark isn't a left back.

The Collins/Dunne partnership overall just does not work.

Petrov is slow and how he gets in the team in front of NRC is a mystery to me.

Gabby should be playing up front.

Young is woeful playing in the hole.

Sadly our poor manager hasn't worked this out despite is being blindly obvious.

Houllier out :twisted:

Would be amazed if anyone blaming Petrov was at the match.

Gabby, Young & Bent did nothing between them.

Friedel was crap.

Makoun was crap after their first and his subsequent roasting by the team.

Lots of agendas floating around here these days.

Houllier has to take the blame again.

Teams like Bolton, Stoke, Newcastle, Blackburn and Fulham are above us in the league - you can't convince me they have better squads/resources to work with.

Clark isn't a left back.

The Collins/Dunne partnership overall just does not work.

Petrov is slow and how he gets in the team in front of NRC is a mystery to me.

Gabby should be playing up front.

Young is woeful playing in the hole.

Sadly our poor manager hasn't worked this out despite is being blindly obvious.

Houllier out :twisted:

I agree.

Petrov was my MoTM today.

Good passing, made a lot of tackles to break up their play and worked hard.

People slagging him are internet weirdos with an axe to grind.

:lol: Can I have what you're smoking please. I need a laugh.

He won as many tackles as Dunne, Collins and Clark combined, got an assist and his passing was accurate.

Are you really that **** ignorant?

An assist, you mean a backpass because he couldn't find anyone in front him? I'd expect him to have more tackles than the centre-backs, he's a central midfielder.

He was very poor today bar some neat exchanges with Makoun.

I thought he did at least okay (if not better) today barring giving the ball away a couple of times (as Makoun did, too) and the challenge that got himself booked which arose because of the heavy pass back to him from Clark (then again Stan may have put him under a bit of pressure by playing it to him in the first place).

Would be amazed if anyone blaming Petrov was at the match.

Gabby, Young & Bent did nothing between them.

Friedel was crap.

Makoun was crap after their first and his subsequent roasting by the team.

Lots of agendas floating around here these days.

I agree with this, Petrov is getting scapegoated he wasn't good enough but was by no means the worst villa player out there today, aslo Bent could only work off scraps today but he worked hard today.

He won as many tackles as Dunne, Collins and Clark combined, got an assist and his passing was accurate.

An assist, you mean a backpass because he couldn't find anyone in front him? I'd expect him to have more tackles than the centre-backs, he's a central midfielder.

Oh no!! A BACKPASS!!!! HOW AWFUL!!! WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!??!?!

I give up.

Don't like GH's team selection or tactics for that matter. Why does he persist with playing people out of position? It's MON all over again. Some poor defending yet again, and not enough force or creativity going forward. Bent should be getting more balls, but Gabby is useless on the wing, whereas Young just isn't working out in the hole. All in all too much back-passing, and too many poor decisions in critical situations. Petrov shouldn't play more than 45 minutes anymore. I'd try out Bradley asap, and wouldn't mind seeing more of Delph and Delfouneso in the not too distant future. I still think we need a new manager, a few better performances haven't really yet convinced me that GH is the man to bring us silverware and European football, irrespective of some good purchases. I guess we will know more come May.

He had more tackles than the rest of the team combined - which also includes a central midfielder.

Oh no!! A BACKPASS!!!! HOW AWFUL!!! WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!??!?!

I give up.

I thought it was an assist two minutes ago? Although, Walker dribbling past a few players and smashing it in from 35-yards didn't really require one.

Are you serious an assist! Now I can istantly dismiss everything else you have said as Grade A bollocks, Petrov was running backwards performed a shovel off pass to Walker who then took it on past Sidwell and drilled it from 25 yards, something Petrov is not capable of doing.

You can't defend the indefensible. He needs some time out of the side, and then see how he does in a few sub appearances, if he can't do it anymore we should get rid. At the moment he is a passenger, we can't afford to carry them, that is what will see us in trouble again.

He is not the only one that was a passenger today, but it is the second game in succession that he has been. Like I said not good enough.

He had more tackles than the rest of the team combined - which also includes a central midfielder.

Are you making the same point again?

Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier: "We just have to blame ourselves for not keeping that result [from 1-0 and 2-1 up] but there were more positives from the game for us. I can take pride from the football and effort we put in at times."

Sorry GH, I'm one of your biggest supporters on here, but this is nonsense.

The football was piss-poor and the effort all came from Fulham. It was like MON had come back, with players in the wrong positions and substitutes left too late.

More work needed.

It hasn't been a good year for American footballers (in either sense) with long league start streaks and the initials BF, has it?

Was going to climb out on my roof to clear the snow off my satellite dish so I can watch the Villa game when Fox Soccer finally gets around to showing it in 4.5 hours, but I get the impression that if I want to avoid throwing heavy objects at the television it's probably for the best if I defer that operation to tomorrow.

Just got back from VP.

Petrov: I met you...you're a nice guy, but please F off now. He was a statue. Hopefully GH will bench his slow ass(mentally and physically) and play Makoun and Bradley.

A.Young: Played a bad pass, very bad one....instead of taking the blame he was gesturing and stuff blaming his teammate. That about sums up his performance and season. Lots of sulking and whining, not lots of production.

Makoun: I love you. Hopefully you'll get a useful player to play next to u in center mid. You had to do almost double today. Excellent vision.

Him and Bradley, who will do the dirty work, will be great.

Walker: Beautiful goal...will only get better when it comes to defending.

Gabby: Decent from the wing, but please play him behind the striker.

Next Match---- I'd like to see Gabby play up front with Bent or not play. I'd even considering benching Young. He needs a fire lit under his ass in a big way.

I won't comment on our CBs because everyone knows my opinion on that.

Friedel should have saved 1 of those 2 goals, but we NEVER deserved anything more that a draw today.

We played well for the first 15 mins (surprise surprise). That was it. Shocking display really.

Â