The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

Seriously!! Anti-War protests at NATO Summit??? People are being beheaded, entire races under threat of Genocide and the UK hasn't fired a shot at all in any of this and there are people protesting any involvement???

So these people want us to leave IS to their own devices, let them potentially build a Caliphate in Syria and Iraq. Do these people not think they will then turn their sights to attack Europe & America? Are these people all so stoned and brain dead as to think inacation is what best serves the safety of people in Europe?

That's before we even discuss the talks of a genocide. Would these same people protest at involvement in Rwanda 20 years ago??

Maybe it's because of the pick and choose nature of where the west seem to intervene. Why don't they appear to help during atrocities in Africa and other areas of the world?

Because the UN deals with Africa, there are no vested interests there really because they have nothing anybody wants. With the middle east we have Russia who will veto any involvment in anything as they have vested interests. As such it falls on NATO to do something. 

I think Isreal should give them a scrap anyway, it'll save some face for Isreal after all the shit they've been pulling in Gaza on innocents (for the most part).

Scrap? You mean a bloodbath. Israel has the most advanced weapons, the US sells them anything they want. Russia does too. They'd use heavy air assault they rush through what shambles remains of IS fighters in a few cars. 

They'd also not do a small scrap, they would attack deep into Syria because they would use an agression at their border as justification to attack Raqqah. 

I'd love to see it. Love to hear the IS bullshit spouted then about what they will do to Israel now. 

And now Isis are threatening putin aswell...I cant see that ending to well for them.

Thank feck for that. As long as ISIS think they're at war with everyone it shouldn't be as hard to wipe it out.

It's if wisely chosen diplomatic alliances start creeping out that I'll be bricking it

I can't see this ending well for ISIS.  It's all very well driving around the Iraqi and Syrian wastes, but I imagine Russia would find it all to convenient getting involved with the US, UK and/or Israel etc to wipe them all out.

Seriously!! Anti-War protests at NATO Summit??? People are being beheaded, entire races under threat of Genocide and the UK hasn't fired a shot at all in any of this and there are people protesting any involvement???

So these people want us to leave IS to their own devices, let them potentially build a Caliphate in Syria and Iraq. Do these people not think they will then turn their sights to attack Europe & America? Are these people all so stoned and brain dead as to think inacation is what best serves the safety of people in Europe?

That's before we even discuss the talks of a genocide. Would these same people protest at involvement in Rwanda 20 years ago??

Maybe it's because of the pick and choose nature of where the west seem to intervene. Why don't they appear to help during atrocities in Africa and other areas of the world?

France is fighting an insurgency in Africa as we speak and Obama has recently written a cheque for a further $10 million in support.

I think Isreal should give them a scrap anyway, it'll save some face for Isreal after all the shit they've been pulling in Gaza on innocents (for the most part).

Its trippy enough that you have US and Iranian air providing CAS at the moment to Pesh forces, mixed with Shia militia and Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps [not directly in the case of later from the US], if you then put IDF on the deck fighting on the same side? Nutty. It won't happen mind.

We may see some IDF response if al-Nursa doing anything daft on the Golan Heights.

Edited by Ads

And now Isis are threatening putin aswell...I cant see that ending to well for them.

Thank feck for that. As long as ISIS think they're at war with everyone it shouldn't be as hard to wipe it out.

It's if wisely chosen diplomatic alliances start creeping out that I'll be bricking it

I can't see this ending well for ISIS. It's all very well driving around the Iraqi and Syrian wastes, but I imagine Russia would find it all to convenient getting involved with the US, UK and/or Israel etc to wipe them all out.

Exactly. Russia aren't like us though. They're not all bankrupt and using bad language to try and solve problems. They don't care about others' perceptions- if ISIL attempt to annexe checnya they are in deep shit, putin will lay waste and noone will come to ISILs aid. Stupid move by them, which is why I'm relieved

Exactly. Russia aren't like us though. They're not all bankrupt and using bad language to try and solve problems. They don't care about others' perceptions- if ISIL attempt to annexe checnya they are in deep shit, putin will lay waste and noone will come to ISILs aid. Stupid move by them, which is why I'm relieved

How genuine is it though?

Is it just one man or a small group of men mouthing off or is it an actual aim of IS? I personally can't see it being the later or not least one they would so openly state to the world. They are many things but stupid doesn't appear to be one of them, they are extremely well organised and funded and they seem to take action rather than make threats.

So I don't think this is an official proclamation but rather an out spoken member.

That is if its genuine.... there are a plenty of motives for that to be the work of an intelligence agency of any of several different nations.

Well funded at the moment.

You give them a good kicking somewhere, make them look small and stupid and the backers will pull out.

Who's going to spunk money when it's obvious who's going to lose?

This isn't AQ being funded out of the Saudi pocket or through small donations, IS have assets to the tune of about $1.5b and have their own revenue streams.

How genuine is it though?

Is it just one man or a small group of men mouthing off or is it an actual aim of IS? I personally can't see it being the later or not least one they would so openly state to the world. They are many things but stupid doesn't appear to be one of them, they are extremely well organised and funded and they seem to take action rather than make threats.

So I don't think this is an official proclamation but rather an out spoken member.

That is if its genuine.... there are a plenty of motives for that to be the work of an intelligence agency of any of several different nations.

I agree, they have made the wise move of not antagonising Turkey as that border with Syria is where they are getting their recruits from. Also the know the most likely doom to their new state is Turkey taking them down. They must be reviled by Turkey though, letting women vote!! Walk around in western clothes etc.. 

So to then go and threaten Russia is unlikely at the level of decision making. Sure without air support IS can't threaten anywhere other than Iraq & Syria as move further than that and you're meeting well trained, well funded professional armies with modern weaponry. Turkey are part of NATO so any attack on them requires Europe and the United States to respond. 

Russia, Israel & Russia won't be touched by IS. No chance. 

Russia, Israel & Russia won't be touched by IS. No chance. 

I agree with your post and your particular emphasis on Russia ;)

and Turkey ...  :rolleyes:

But seriously. They wouldn't get anywhere near close enough to attack Russia. 

Conversation in Kremlin goes as this.

Military Aid: Sir, Islamic State fighters have made their way through Turkey and Northern Iran and are threatening to attack us.

Putin: Kill them all

Aid: Yes, Sir. 

• Like 1

Look at the Islamic State, north is Turkey, East is Kurds and Iran. South are the Shia Iraq and then the Saudis. Southwest  is Jordan and West is Israel. 

They will contain all their fighting to Syria and Iraq, no doubt about it they are surrounded by enemies who will bring the end of their existence if antagonised or attacked. 

Â