Sony Vita topic

Chindie

• 7 months later...

I still love mine, it's a good media player (shit Web browser) and there are some decent cheap games now (wipe out, every bodies golf, fifa football, mod nation racers) so if you like some of the games, go for it.

It's sold like shit. Really struggled, badly. Sony can't help but be disappointed with how it's done, but they are making the right noises now and then to suggest they're playing a long game with it.

I'm not in games retail anymore so hard to say from the frontline so to speak but the general perception is it's too expensive still and doesn't have the games to really justify it. It's gotten better I think and theres a few titles coming - a 'proper' Assassin's Creed spin off for instance - but... it just doesn't seem enough to me.

I had to try flogging the things at release and got to spend some time with one, it's nice bit of kit but has it's flaws. The battery life isn't superb (not a surprise, it's powerful), the reliance of proprietary memory cards is expensive and annoying, the back touch pad is awkward, the front touch can be too... (with FIFA these are fairly optional, with other games like Uncharted they are a complete necessity). It impresses but I'd want a lot more titles out there and a better deal on the price before I went for it myself. A lot of the 'launch window' titles can be had for decent prices now, which takes the edge off a bit... but still... I personally wouldn't buy one.

I would definitely go into a store and have a play with one before dropping any cash on one. I found that the idea of the Vita was more enticing than the product itself when you really got down to it.

Mainly be a FIFA man and then just casual on the other games. I take it you can take touch screen controls off if you want to?

There is no real difference from the first fifa and the new one, if you want a bargain, get the first one and update it yourself. - I did this.

Chindie, I am shocked you thought the battery was bad. I have played for hours before it runs out.

When we were demo-ing one at Gamestation, having it on the shopfloor playing it and showing it to people, we were having to recharge it half way through the day, and thats after having had it charged up over night - they aren't great on battery, 4/5 hours constant play perhaps? It's not bad but not very good either.

When we were demo-ing one at Gamestation, having it on the shopfloor playing it and showing it to people, we were having to recharge it half way through the day, and thats after having had it charged up over night - they aren't great on battery, 4/5 hours constant play perhaps? It's not bad but not very good either.

Yeah that shocks me, wonder how mine can last longer. From here (Isle of Wight) on a ferry, on a train to London, around on the tubes, back on the train and it didn't die on me. - so from 7am to about 8 I had games playing (on and off obviously)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd wait for a few more games to come out, there really isn't very much that's a must have purchase. The internet browser is a load of rubbish as well, not being able to play videos is very poor.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know how to check out the psn+ deal? Got the update but nothing in the store about it.

It was on there when I looked yesterday afternoon. It's in the PS+ bit, then there's a Vita section. There are 4 free games I think, one of which was Uncharted, can't remember the others.

Aye, was there when I got in from work.

2.00 - browser so much quicker now and you don't have to close a game to browse online, about bloody time!

Have bought a 32gb memory card now as I need more space, spent time downloading every single game in my list and now have Unchartered and Gravity Rush. Not a bad deal IMHO and I really hope they put LBP on soon..

• 1 month later...

Been considering getting one of these now for when im on night shifts at work, gonna go to merry hill tomorrow and see what deals can be had on them. Games library has grown a little bit over xmas but there doesn't seem to be much on the horizon. If I do get one ill probably get need for speed and uncharted.

I'd wait for a few more games to come out, there really isn't very much that's a must have purchase. The internet browser is a load of rubbish as well, not being able to play videos is very poor.

There are some really good games at great prices, plus the brilliant psn+

Browser so much better sibce the last update too :)

• 3 months later...

Ordered one yesterday, should be receiving it in the post this morning or Saturday. Really excited like a little kid.

I recently signed up for PS+ and all these free* games that keep becoming available has swayed me into getting one (that and the fact its going to go hand in hand with PS4). I work nights so I think it'll be a perfect little time passer to get me through the shifts. I used to bring the PS3 in, but they recently added more staff on nights and theres only one telly so thats not possible anymore, unless the rota falls so just the younger lads are on which rarely happens.

Never touched one before so really dont know what to expect but Ive got the feeling im gonna love it and spend many hours on it.

Â