Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

In non sense of football is NRC a RM. I've played in goal twice, am i goalkeeper?

Think you're missing the point.

Again, if Xavi and Gerrard are competing for a spot in central midfielder, you can compare who's better but that doesn't mean they are alike. In fact, they are completely different type of players and nothing alike but you can compare them as in 'who would be best to play CM for us'...

No, but NRC isn't a right mid at all. He plays in the centre, it's like comparing him with Walker as he's played a few games at right back. Different CMs are around yes, and NRC is similar to Makoun in which the role he plays, except what Makoun lacks in tackling he outwieghs it in passing. NRC WANTS to have Makoun's passing but is lacking in that area. But NRC isn't a DM at all.

No, but NRC isn't a right mid at all. He plays in the centre, it's like comparing him with Walker as he's played a few games at right back. Different CMs are around yes, and NRC is similar to Makoun in which the role he plays, except what Makoun lacks in tackling he outwieghs it in passing. NRC WANTS to have Makoun's passing but is lacking in that area. But NRC isn't a DM at all.

Well from what I've seen of both players, Reo-Coker is a hard worker who likes to press around the pitch and be responsible defensively, keep the game simple with the ball but is more off the ball central midfielder.

I think Makoun is more about getting on the ball, keeping the game flowing, good range of passing, likes to play the ball forward quickly in short amount of touches, more focused on his play with the ball.

Again, I think the point is being missed. Forget anything about Reo-Coker right midfield...it's not about that.

Anyway, it's all been stupidly blown out of proportion, it was only a minor thing as someone said 'Makoun is like NRC'....no he isn't, he plays nothing like Reo-Coker, they might play the same position but they play the game so differently. Again like say Xavi and Essien are both central midfielders but it doesn't mean they are like for like players, they are completely different players. When you say 'like a certain player'...I mean in terms of like 'K Walker and G Johnson'...not positions.

3rd best in the league behind fabregas and essien imo, I think he's that good

I think it's too early to be making these types of judgements, you've mentioned him alongside two truely world class CM's, there are plenty of good CM's in the league who can pass a ball, we've sold two of them to Money City over the past two seasons.

Could you say here's any better than, gerrard, scholes, fletcher, anderson, song, diaby, VDV, Modric & wilshere + more who are all players playing in the CL (Gerrard as an exception). I think we can put Makoun in that type of class of player but to me its no surprise because we bought a regular starting player from a champions league club!!

I don't get the hype because we've got what we knew we were getting, he's hardly a surprise package.

I don't get the hype because we've got what we knew we were getting, he's hardly a surprise package.

At just over £4m and in comparison to what we've been used to for similar amounts, I can understand why some are surprised we've got a player with some geniune football skill!

At just over £4m and in comparison to what we've been used to for similar amounts, I can understand why some are surprised we've got a player with some geniune football skill!

Indeed, the key difference being that he came from a club somewhere outside of the British isles and not the f**king SPL!

Reo-Coker plays RM, Albrighton RM.....you can compare who's better in right midfield but they are certainly not a like in their play.

NRC only played RM under MON and it CLEARLY wasn't a good position for him, that is a totally specious argument. What next NRC also plays RB? Just because he's played in those positions doesn't mean he is a RM. NRC is a CM, thats what he's always been, even he himself describes himself as "Box to Box". Makoun and NRC aren't THAT different and they are usually asked to play the same role, if we go down the line of "he's slightly different to him in that he does this and the other player does that instead" then no one can ever be compared to anyone.

It would be unfair to compare NRC to Albrighton because they don't (or shouldn't at least) play the same position.

Just like I wouldn't compare James Beattie to any of Blackpool's other proper goalkeepers.

Reo-Coker plays RM, Albrighton RM.....you can compare who's better in right midfield but they are certainly not a like in their play.

NRC only played RM under MON and it CLEARLY wasn't a good position for him, that is a totally specious argument. What next NRC also plays RB? Just because he's played in those positions doesn't mean he is a RM. NRC is a CM, thats what he's always been, even he himself describes himself as "Box to Box". Makoun and NRC aren't THAT different and they are usually asked to play the same role, if we go down the line of "he's slightly different to him in that he does this and the other player does that instead" then no one can ever be compared to anyone.

It would be unfair to compare NRC to Albrighton because they don't (or shouldn't at least) play the same position.

Just like I wouldn't compare James Beattie to any of Blackpool's other proper goalkeepers.

Please see the other posts, it's not what I really meant, worded it badly and was a bad example.

Fair enough with the bolded bit but I do think they are very different, one player is very much about getting on the ball and making things happen from midfield and keep the game flowing while the other player best work for me is off the ball and defensively. I think likes of Evra and Cole, Johnson, Walker etc...are like for like players. I think Makoun is quite a different player to NRC overall. I think if he was white, he probably wouldn't be compared to Reo-Coker at all. Maybe that's a big statement but I do think it's true.

Anyway, while Makoun is there, I'd rather NRC play alongside him than Petrov. Or Bradley if he proves to be as good as reported.

Would also agree.

Would actually be happy to play 3 in there, with a dedicated DM (Petrov as his best days for us came in the diamond in this position). Would then play Downing and Young behind Bent, giving them the license to really push up alonside him, and the freedom to float into the middle and change wings as necessary.

3rd best in the league behind fabregas and essien imo, I think he's that good

I think it's too early to be making these types of judgements, you've mentioned him alongside two truely world class CM's, there are plenty of good CM's in the league who can pass a ball, we've sold two of them to Money City over the past two seasons.

Could you say here's any better than, gerrard, scholes, fletcher, anderson, song, diaby, VDV, Modric & wilshere + more who are all players playing in the CL (Gerrard as an exception). I think we can put Makoun in that type of class of player but to me its no surprise because we bought a regular starting player from a champions league club!!

I'm with you Mat.

He has some very good points. He looks a really good and instinctive passer of the ball. He can do this first time and has the vision to know where he wants to play the ball before he receives it. He can also play the ball into space for a moving player at a perfect weight and moves to receive the ball back - both of which I have rarely seen a Villa CM'er do.

However, I felt last weekend that he felt he had to play a first time ball every time when there were some instances that he could have held onto it, particularly later in the game when he looked a bit tired. I am also not yet sure about his defensive capabilities, but it might be that we have to complement him with a ball winner and an ACM to get the best out of Jean, as Arsenal have had to do with Fabregas.

Looks like he could be a real talent but still has to settle in properly and get up to speed with the Premier League before we declare him to be at the Fabregas or Gerard level. That's not saying he can't or won't get there, just that I don't see him there on the basis of the first three games for us.

I think the boy cahill might be right about Makoun being right up there with the best CM in the league, at least if he carries on the way he's started, but I'm not sure Essien has been too great this season.

Where was this quote mate, I have searched for what seems like ages!

I have commented before about liking what I see in Makoun.

While I like his one touch game, I hope he will/can vary that option to holding the ball and moving it as play dictates.

If he plays one touch throughout the game it will make him easier to play in the eyes of defenders who may decide not to cover him man to man because they will stand off and wait to intercept balls as an alternative, which is what Hughes had Fulham doing in the second half of last week's game.

That variation by Fulham gave Danny Murphy a little more penetration in the second half after we had dominated the first.

Nevertheless, Makoun's style has made an impact and the pace and precision of his passes created more attacking options in the last couple of games.

If Ashley can play as well as he did against Denmark, Makoun is going to be able to feed Ash and Bent some great opportunties. Makoun's pass to Downing was a gem. More like that please.

Â