Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He needs a defensive monster beside him and this would make him our best creative player by far.

I am still claiming, he is not DMC, he is creative MC, very good creative MC (like Arteta or Modric). Someone like Viera or Makelele (in their younger ages) would be perfect combo with Makoun (in terms of chemistry).

Agree with that Sir.

He could be our Xavi and just needs a "Biscuits" alongside him.

Only flaw for me is, whilst I love his instinctive first time passing, he seems to want to do this every time and I think that there are occasions when he should be looking to hold on to the ball for a bit longer if there is not a first time pass on.

the centre axis of NRC (DMC) - Makoun (MC) - Ireland (AMC) all at their best would be very good imho.

Ideally Barry (DMC) - Makoun (MC) - Milner (AMC) with A.Young and Downing on wings and Bent in front - wet football dreams :)

very little work off the ball though,

Always made himself available for a pass against Fulham

not that big physically

Neither were Sid and Alex Cropley. (I'm not comparing him to those two)

not great in the challenge

I dont think he shirks it, booked twice in three games.

he doesn't yet dominate the midfield

Bit early for that. Plus I dont think he's Zidane.

A bit of a luxury at the moment for me.

He's not faultless but a luxury????

Wow, surprised anyone had anything negative to say.

I feel he has been a mini sensation, players look comfortable taking and receiving passes from him, he seems to create for himself a lot of time on the ball and has an awareness to move away from a tackle and into space.

In his first game he definitely showed why he was a Champions League player but perhaps against Fulham he learned what the Premiership was about, he spent much of his awkward time trying to find a quick forward pass when sometimes it would have been better to shield or take a touch, this will come for sure but his intelligence on the pitch, energy before 75mins, and comfort in his technique means we have a really good player.

The boy can tackle too, not being at full fitness always hampers players from getting truly stuck in, nobody wants to see him get a red just yet....though perhaps at the weekend he could slide tackle his way toward Holloway.

J2M has clearly demonstrated over his first few games that he is a fine player when he has the ball, moves it quickly, simply and is always available for a return. However its when he hasn't got the ball that worries me. For all his fine attributes this is an area of his game that needs major improvement hence the bollockings he is receiving. He doesn't get close enough and allows players to run off him. Maybe this is just the pace of the game and it may take him time to adjust. Until then I can't get overly excited by him. However if he gets it right will will have a great player in the making

Makoun didnt get bollocked by anyone. Furthermore he shouldnt have been. (Fulham game)

Where do you sit to have heard this?

You say it didn't happen and then ask him where he heard it from? illogical.

I sit in M1. Sometimes you can catch the odd exchange on debates after we've conceded. You can tell alittle bit from body language gesticulating etc. Makoun did not get a bollocking against Fulham.

He got roasted by Collins, Dunne and Downing after Fulhums first.

To the point where he was waving his arms around in protestation.

Collins was moaning at him for leaving Sidwell in space, you could see Makoun remonstrating that he was following Murphy (or someone) over to Fulhum's right hand side, and he was expecting Downing (Who was on our right) to drop into the middle and pick up Sidwell.

Therefore, when he tried to lay the blame on Downing, he (SD) also jumped in and had a bit of a go at him (J2M).

You could see his head visibly drop after this.

Infact, if you find the replay of Johnson's goal, at the end of the clip, you can see Collins turning around with a grimace on his face, looking directly towards Jean Deux.

Collins was moaning at him for leaving Sidwell in space, you could see Makoun remonstrating that he was following Murphy (or someone) over to Fulhum's right hand side, and he was expecting Downing (Who was on our right) to drop into the middle and pick up Sidwell.

Therefore, when he tried to lay the blame on Downing, he also jumped in and had a bit of a go at him.

Infact, if you find the replay of Johnson's goal, at the end of the clip, you can see Collins turning around with a grimace on his face, looking towards Jean Deux.

Sorry, this is not what I saw.

Collins did hold his arms out but not too Makoun in particular. Makoun had previously said something to downing.

To say he got a roasting is utter bollocks in my opinion. Furthermore it was Petrov who lost the ball whilst Collins and Dunne cant deal with a bald midget, none of it adds up.

Where do you sit?

Therefore, when he tried to lay the blame on Downing, he also jumped in and had a bit of a go at him.

Infact, if you find the replay of Johnson's goal, at the end of the clip, you can see Collins turning around with a grimace on his face, looking towards Jean Deux.

Collins did hold his arms out but not too Makoun in particular. Makoun had previously said something to downing.

To say he got a roasting is utter bollocks in my opinion. Furthermore it was Petrov who lost the ball whilst Collins and Dunne cant deal with a bald midget, none of it adds up.

Where do you sit?

If I tell you, you'll rubbish my arguement.

So, on that basis, I dont sit in the Lower Holte. :winkold:

From what I saw, Makoun looked pretty upset about the whole thing, and Collins was far from shy in telling him that he was at fault. I'm guessing it's easier to have a go at Makoun than it is Friedel.

Where do you sit?

From what I saw, Makoun looked pretty upset about the whole thing, and Collins was far from shy in telling him that he was at fault. I'm guessing it's easier to have a go at Makoun than it is Friedel.

Like I said I've got a pretty good view from where I am and there was the normal 'where were ya's' but no bollocking. I dont think Dunne said anything. Collins frequently does the arms up thing when we concede.

Makoun wasnt upset and he's no sherry drinking violet either.

NB the best bollocking I've seen recently player on player was last season, Milner on Collins, a sustained 15 second volley. I thought Collins was going to cry.

So Downing being a lazy **** basically

That and the fact that Downing is frightened of any physical contact with any other player, dont get me wrong i think he is a very good player, but he is the biggest wimp in our team by a country mile!

Wow, surprised anyone had anything negative to say.

I feel he has been a mini sensation, players look comfortable taking and receiving passes from him, he seems to create for himself a lot of time on the ball and has an awareness to move away from a tackle and into space.

Makes you wonder what weve been watching for the last 5 years, more so without Gareth Barry :P

Has our football really been that bad, players who cant pass a ball? :lol:

Noticed on Saturday though, that as Petrov tired, Makoun became more withdrawn. Cant wait to see Makoun and Bradlley together, since i think Brads extra energy will male Makoun look even better, and he will start influincing games a lot more.

Its all good 8)

Where do you sit?

Like I said I've got a pretty good view from where I am and there was the normal 'where were ya's' but no bollocking. I dont think Dunne said anything. Collins frequently does the arms up thing when we concede.

Makoun wasnt upset and he's no sherry drinking violet either.

NB the best bollocking I've seen recently player on player was last season, Milner on Collins, a sustained 15 second volley. I thought Collins was going to cry.

Now THAT would be a sight.

Still undecided whether Makoun was at fault for the goal or not, havent watched it back since. Although Sidwell was in a lot of space, they were playing 3 in the centre of the park, against our 2.

Big fan of Makoun, but as has been said, needs to play next to a destroyer. i.e. Reo Coker or Bradley.

So Downing being a lazy **** basically

That and the fact that Downing is frightened of any physical contact with any other player, dont get me wrong i think he is a very good player, but he is the biggest wimp in our team by a country mile!

and so say all of me

Â