Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

would like to see him at least given another chance. I can understand why some don't rate him based on his performances for Villa but I have a sneaking suspicion PL might be able to get more out of him.... He never got a chance to settle under GH and for all we know "he who shall not be named" may have ordered him to play in a style that he couldn't at all play, a style completely alien to him, he wouldn't be the first player to have that put on him.

Hope he can become a useful member of the squad, Lambert is known not to be scared of completely changing tactics, team and shape for different matches and evan during matches, Makoun might just be needed in that case, football I think is all about versatile squads and adaptive tactics these days, our new manager I get the impression is championing this as opposed the last manager who was stuck in the late 70s!

He wasn't getting a regular game at Lyon when he joined us, he was injured when he joined us - then picked up a further injury - now we discover he was out injured for a couple of months for Olympankios ?

I have no doubt Lambo will give him another chance (I don't see a queue of clubs for his signature tbh) - However it would be a major surprise to me if he makes his mark at villa.

I'd go after N'Dah personally
N'Daw, Guirane N'Daw. There's no N'Dah.

Ok N'Daw, big lad, bosses the midfield well plays a simple pass breaks up play etc

Yep I'd take him over Makoun who is just another Djemba Djemba

He wasn't getting a regular game at Lyon when he joined us, he was injured when he joined us - then picked up a further injury - now we discover he was out injured for a couple of months for Olympankios ?

I have no doubt Lambo will give him another chance (I don't see a queue of clubs for his signature tbh) - However it would be a major surprise to me if he makes his mark at villa.

Agree with this. His appearance record isn't very impressive however the statistics are manipulated and the amount of time he's been injured over the last 3 seasons is worrying . The other notable thing about his record at Olympiakos is that he was taken off in over half the games he started.

Not sure how anyone can claim he did well at Olympiakos based on this!

However, let's hope Lambert can make something of him.

Ok N'Daw, big lad, bosses the midfield well plays a simple pass breaks up play etc

How is Makoun another Djemba Djemba? Is it because he is....

... unsuited to Premier League football, yes quite probably

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the idea that he was injured when we bought him isn't true, the deal was done on Jan 15th 2011, he passed a medical, the delay in him getting into the team at Wigan was us waiting for his work permit to be processed, we waited all of ten days for him to make his first appearance, if he was injured it was a very minor niggle of little consequence. Also the idea that he wasn't getting a game at Lyon is also not true, he was a regular in the team at the time but only because another of their players was recovering from a serious injury (I forget right now who), they agreed to let him go, because that player had just come back to fitness. He wasn't their first choice but they needed him up until the transfer took place

I'm also not sure why you've just discovered he was injured in Greece, you only have to look back through this very thread (I should imagine - not actually checked) to find that out, he came back here for treatment iirc

He's not going to be here by the end of the transfer window I should imagine, I think his time at VP is done

If you'd ever seen him play you wouldn't be saying that. He is useless. Just big. Any prem side would pass it around him.

Well, lightweight, ineffective, can't tackle, can't head, doesn't read the game well, seems like a rabbit caught in the proverbials

Other than that he may be ok (if it's a 3 yard square ball man you're after)

Well, lightweight, ineffective, can't tackle, can't head, doesn't read the game well, seems like a rabbit caught in the proverbials

Other than that he may be ok (if it's a 3 yard square ball man you're after)

Watch the games again, I think you'd find this is mostly quite wrong.

Â