Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Gone around a few other teams forums, and most are slagging this deal off in the same vain they slag off Man City ect.

Welcome AVFC, to the big boys league, and may the snide envious comments continue long into the future

Blues are in meltdown mode

Once this is confirmed, this is massive for us!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TalkSport News:

1) Avram Grant

2) Steve Gerrard

4) Newcastle boss

No mention of Bent!

I try to listen to talksport just for hawksbee & jacobs these days....that "self appointed celeb" 'ammer fan moose abrahams brings wet spam in to almost everything & it gets on my norks.

"....breaking news from west ham....david gold has just had a shit in the toilet.....i know this cos i'm up his arse !"

Actually.....what a thought !!

I was under the impression that there werent too many Darren Bent fans on here. Im not a major fan tbh. Certainly not at 18m.

Good signal of intent!!

I dont think hes worth that tho.

Check the goal scoring stats.

Only Rooney and Drogba scored more goals than him in the last 5 years.

#I think£24m is a bargain.

We can't win either way. People slate us for having no ambition and no money then we, hopefully, pull off a stunning transfer like this and all of a sudden we are panic buying. Also, the ignorance of people, including Stan Collymore, is ridiculous. I wish some would stop asking why MON was not backed with money in the summer. It's old news and it's also pretty easy to work out now.

Bent will be a fantastic signing for us and I don't think I have been this excited about a transfer since we signed Sasa Curcic.

I was under the impression that there werent too many Darren Bent fans on here. Im not a major fan tbh. Certainly not at 18m.

Good signal of intent!!

Ive checked them - 15 penalties

Cant really argue with his goals tho. But lets not kid ourselves. we are not buying a world class player here.

STAN COLLYMORE and DARREN BENT do not get on, Prior to the World Cup, think in friendlies, Stan slated Darren Bent, then they had their Twitter row. I'd rather people take the opinion of Ian Taylor who actually watches Villa in every game, not a select few. I like Stan but i think this is more personal rather than the interests of AVFC when its plainly obvious to every Villa fan we need to stick that round thing into that rectangle as Paulandonya would say.

But lets not kid ourselves. we are not buying a world class player here.

I don't think anyone is saying or thinking that to be honest.

What we are getting is a bloody good PL goal scorer, the very best we could have dreamed of bar none. That is something to be extremely excited about even if we've paid over the odds.

Good signal of intent!!

Ive checked them - 15 penalties

Cant really argue with his goals tho. But lets not kid ourselves. we are not buying a world class player here.

Was Dean Saunders world class? No the reason he was purchased because he stuck the ball in the net, ala Andy Cole. We need a goalscorer, the price is inflated but he is a great signing for us and one that has sent shockwaves up and down the country.

What I'm struggling to understand is a certain poster has spent two years saying we should have signed Darren Bent and now we look like doing it is nowhere to be seen. Very odd.

TBF Trent, most of us ridiculed him as well for it. Especially when he compared him to Rooney

We can't win either way. People slate us for having no ambition and no money then we, hopefully, pull off a stunning transfer like this and all of a sudden we are panic buying. Also, the ignorance of people, including Stan Collymore, is ridiculous. I wish some would stop asking why MON was not backed with money in the summer. It's old news and it's also pretty easy to work out now.

Bent will be a fantastic signing for us and I don't think I have been this excited about a transfer since we signed Sasa Curcic.

The other side of this has got me wondering whether Randy has some good news to tell us about our finances.

Has his search for additional outside investment paid off to an extent, that he feels we can now play in the big boys league?

Don't worry so much.... fee agreed, personal terms sorted, spent the night in Brum to get it sorted asap....

I've got an inkling he REALLY wants to be here,

No problem man

I think you are right that he wants to come, the fact he submitted a transfer request following our initial contact speaks volumes! To me it also says a lot that, despite our league position, we are still an attractive proposition. Surely that is down to Randy and dare I say it GH?

It speaks volumes, also, because by handing in a transfer request he is waiving any signing on fee that he would have been entitled to!

(I think)

Listening to Collymore on Talksport made my piddle boil !

That guy really loves the sound of his own voice and talks crap sometimes. He was saying that Bent was an A score striker, but a D score as a footballer. What an arrogant knob you are Stan. Perhaps he's more than a little jealous of our new man DB ?

Darren Bent's record goes before him and you don't read about his private life all over the press do you Stan ?

It's not desperation as you call it Stan, it's a great piece of business by our owner Randy Lerner who isn't just our owner, HE IS A VILLA FAN !

He's also backing the manager to turn the squad around in his first transfer window in JANUARY !

Well done Randy we appreciate you.

What I'm struggling to understand is a certain poster has spent two years saying we should have signed Darren Bent and now we look like doing it is nowhere to be seen. Very odd.
Which poster?