Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

You wont be able to get any other player for that money essentially almost guarantee 15+ league goals a season. Suarez for instance, he is being banded about for the same price yet has never set foot into the premiership, the last 4 or 5 big scorers from Holland who have moved here have done very little, from Durk Kuyt to Alfonso Alves(remember him).

I still wouldn't hesitate for a second to take Suarez instead of Bent.

I think you are more likely to get your moneys worth with Bent, because he scores goals in the premiership. I think Suarez is potentially a top player, but he is more of a gamble, but could pay off bigger. Bent IMO is the safe option.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find that Suarez goes into the same 'likeable' bracket as players like El-Hadji Diouf, Joey Barton and John Terry.

You wont be able to get any other player for that money essentially almost guarantee 15+ league goals a season. Suarez for instance, he is being banded about for the same price yet has never set foot into the premiership, the last 4 or 5 big scorers from Holland who have moved here have done very little, from Durk Kuyt to Alfonso Alves(remember him).

Suarez had two good seasons in a league which made Kezman and Kuyt look prolific and 2 good games in the World Cup against Championship level opposition. Hardly a sound foundation for almost guaranteeing 10 goals in the remainder of this season in the hardest league in the world to keep us up.

Perhaps Bent was called Bentez you would believe in him more than some shortassed little weasel?

And he just confirmed what i said in the first part in the post(which he deleted) that some people would be more excited by some fancy South American name rather than Darren Bent a top top Premier League goal scorer.

Good work, thetrees!

Hopefully that means that this will be finished Today.

On talksport earlier, they said that they'd seen pictures of Bent arriving at BMH. Has anyone else seen this on SSN ? Or is this more talksport-talkshit?

Good morning thread, looking forward to spending what is most likely going to be the whole day with you :) ... or at least until there are whispers of it being completed and VT turns to treacle/a PostNuke meltdown. It's been emotional thus far.

Good morning thread, looking forward to spending what is most likely going to be the whole day with you :) ... or at least until there are whispers of it being completed and VT turns to treacle/a PostNuke meltdown. It's been emotional thus far.

:cheers:

8) Amen.

*settles in*

I think SSN is peed off that they never knew nothing about the Bent deal over the weekend the same goes for some other media outlets.

Wasn't it Talksport that phoned up SSN to let them know?

Bunch of London loving tw@ts sould be kept in the dark anyway, they never have a good word to say about us anyway.

And he just confirmed what i said in the first part in the post(which he deleted) that some people would be more excited by some fancy South American name rather than Darren Bent a top top Premier League goal scorer.

Nothing to do with the name. That Choo Choo Benitez (or whatever he was called) would not have got me very excited...

Anyway, this is indeed supposed to be about Bent, so... yes, it's good to see we're signing a top goalscorer at last. These four years with only Harewood and Heskey to get "excited" about have been a bit long.